2 week update .

Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:16 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: 2 week update .

Originally Posted by ElizabethR
I think you will find the quote was incorrect bay. I do not live in Perth and goodness you seem to have a bit of a chip about things to do with OZ and the UK. I have lived here now since 77. I did not want to stay, I do not dislike or hate it here but sometimes I feel a bit out of place for want of a better phrase.

I love the bright blue sky, not the heat, and all that goes with that. I love the winter here though. Is that enough of an explanation for you?
Oh ignore him..some expats think they know it all, when they know jack shit lol...
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethR will become famous soon enoughElizabethR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'm not finding it that cold at all. Been running three times a week as normal and it's way more comfortable than the humidity in Sydney. Been riding a few times and I'm pretty sure scooting along at 40kph (ok maybe 36) would create a fair bit more wind chill than just walking about and it's all been quite pleasant, especially the lack of redneck driver factor.

Sunday's ride was lovely I went Wells, Wedmore, up Cheddar Gorge, Blagdon, Priddy, Horrington, Wells (for those that know Somerset) and coming back through Priddy the church bells were ringing and people were milling about going to church. Great ride.

I have invested in some over boots on the bike though, and I've been getting used to the longer braking distances due to wet cow cr@p on my wheels.
I was in Sydney two weeks ago and the humidity was a killer and I was walking was so glad to go on the ferry for a breeze.The heat can be far more debilitating for some people that's for sure.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethR will become famous soon enoughElizabethR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Oh ignore him..some expats think they know it all, when they know jack shit lol...
Luv it
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds beautiful, you described it so well I could almost smell the cow crap!
Has Mrs. Tr1boy joined you yet?

I'm not finding it that cold at all. Been running three times a week as normal and it's way more comfortable than the humidity in Sydney. Been riding a few times and I'm pretty sure scooting along at 40kph (ok maybe 36) would create a fair bit more wind chill than just walking about and it's all been quite pleasant, especially the lack of redneck driver factor.

Sunday's ride was lovely I went Wells, Wedmore, up Cheddar Gorge, Blagdon, Priddy, Horrington, Wells (for those that know Somerset) and coming back through Priddy the church bells were ringing and people were milling about going to church. Great ride.

I have invested in some over boots on the bike though, and I've been getting used to the longer braking distances due to wet cow cr@p on my wheels.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzie
That sounds beautiful, you described it so well I could almost smell the cow crap!
Has Mrs. Tr1boy joined you yet?

It was nice, heading again today at lunchtime. Mrs Triboy is arriving on March 6th I'm missing her terribly, which is a bit strange as we spend a lot of time apart. I think it's because I'm not working at the moment I have a lot of time. Hopefully I'll have some good news for her on the job front when she arrives, but she's been telling me to relax (I don't do relaxing very well).

It's her birthday this coming Saturday so I'm glad she's with her Dad. We'll do something special for her when she's here.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

cow crap and pasties what a combination, mmm pasties just bought one hot from the local shop for lunch in the proper west country here in Cornwall
Dorset is more south than west country just like to think they are (when it suits them)

Sitting in warm Cornwall(well to the rest of the country) home of pasties, The Cornish Pirates and cream teas bliss! roll on the stroll to the local pub! and also proper mud on your car not this spray on stuff the yuppies put on their 4x4 in London!!!!

Content yes best move we ever made back from Mordor had a trying week but who cares!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

The joys of living in the country eh?That part of the world is very gorgeous!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

OORRRR I have just returned home (9.56am)...it's clearn blue skies (as per the norm..lol) so I thought "okay...I want to take the dog on a nice long walk enjoy this weather"....I have just put her lead on and she will not come....now that is a miracle....you cannot even mention the W word (no rude comment please) or anything remotely concerning outdoors..heck if I were a certain pair of shorts she thinks we are off to the beach...anyway cannot get her to go outside today...it's already 38...it's kind of cruel in a way...as I love the outdoors we all do...but come late Spring,Summer and early Autumn it's just a no go during the day....and my poor OH at the moment is in Northern West Australia.....it's 44 there today....sounds good on paper or when you are in the middle of a Northern Hemisphere Winter but in reality...it's not fun....really it's not....funny enough when I think back the cold "back home" never bothered me/us, it certainly did not stop us from our Sporting activities and I always thought I was a "hot weather" person...alas sometimes you are never to old to keep learning...lol..

Glad your "on your bike" so to speak!!! when is your first event?.....
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your "on your bike" so to speak!!! when is your first event?.....
First event is the Tour of Wessex on the last weekend in May. It's Britain's only stage Sportive (which means multi day ride). I'm only doing day 1 (105miles) and day 2 (110 miles) and the 3rd day (Monday) is a bank holiday so I'll spend it at home with the parents (assuming I've moved out by then ).

Went swimming this morning and followed up with a short run, at least that was the plan. 12 mins into my run I had to pull up with a torn left calf muscle I had this problem in Nov last year and it took a while to get right again and I was not allowed to run for ages. This is not good for my race plans

Hopefully I've picked it up early enough, so now I need get onto the RICE program and drop heel elevations.

Luckily the cycling isn't affected (or at least it wasn't last time).
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

First event is the Tour of Wessex on the last weekend in May. It's Britain's only stage Sportive (which means multi day ride). I'm only doing day 1 (105miles) and day 2 (110 miles) and the 3rd day (Monday) is a bank holiday so I'll spend it at home with the parents (assuming I've moved out by then ).

Went swimming this morning and followed up with a short run, at least that was the plan. 12 mins into my run I had to pull up with a torn left calf muscle I had this problem in Nov last year and it took a while to get right again and I was not allowed to run for ages. This is not good for my race plans

Hopefully I've picked it up early enough, so now I need get onto the RICE program and drop heel elevations.

Luckily the cycling isn't affected (or at least it wasn't last time).

Only doing day one 105 miles etc...cor blimey...you must have a huge S under your shirt..lol...I got tired just reading about that..lol....it's good you have something to work on while Mrs.T is still away....will not be long before your both together again....and in your own place.....you'll both get there...A tour of Wessex...what a lovely thing to do.....I asked my Dad if we'd been to Wessex and he said "we visited before you were born"....It's a county I am not familiar with have you visited Wessex before? are you going to rest your calf?....some physio (as my son would say....preferably done by a BIG busty blonde....lol) might be good, swimming is the best though always helps with my aches and pains....lol...that and a good sauna....take care and look after yourself and watch out for those cowpats...lol...it's currently 42 here at 6.22pm and if anyone says "oh that's great" must have had their brain cells fried.....
Old Feb 25th 2010, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Only doing day one 105 miles etc...cor blimey.
Actually I'm doing day 1&2 (chickening out of day 3 though ). Calf wise I'm doing RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). I suppose it's lucky that I've been through it before as I know what to do. Not too many sports physios down here in deepest darkest Zumerzet

Wessex isn't a county (although it might have been ages ago?), it's an area. Basically covers sth Somerset, possibly bits of nth east Devon as well. When I was a lad all the local fishing permits in the area were issued by 'Wessex Water Authority' so I think the boundaries might be more riparian in nature.? It is a lovely area. Nice and dry today, and mild I reckon about 12-13 ish.

Getting a few calls from agencies now that are excited about my experience, so maybe just a case of waiting for the right role to come along. Getting all my email updates and applying as necessary. It 'feels' like a bit of momentum is happening now. Fingers crossed.