Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

When bribery exceeds the borders of the UAE.

When bribery exceeds the borders of the UAE.

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:01 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of
Default Re: When bribery exceeds the borders of the UAE.

Originally Posted by Covenant
Sorry to hear about your position Frans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand about the Dubai organisational and power structure, unless you are a member of the royal family or you are a born and bred native, you have little responsibility and power, and it seems to me that this 'gentleman' Mr Thomas, cannot be a foreign national to weld the type of power that is inferred.

Again I may be wrong, so apologies in advance.
Well based on the telephone call I hade with him? He sounded as an Indian National, actually confirmed it to. But if I find out who he really is? Beleave me India won't be big enough to hide in.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:08 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Well based on the telephone call I hade with him? He sounded as an Indian National, actually confirmed it to. But if I find out who he really is? Beleave me India won't be big enough to hide in.
Doesn't surprise me, unfortunately there is a high level of Bribery and corruption endemic in India as well. Good luck, hope you nail the weasel, mind you, it seems that this matter already seems to be reaching the attention of some fairly highly positioned members of the hiarachy.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:16 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Frans what you said is quite disturbing, so this must mean this forum is being monitored
Feel free to search the net for Menwith Hill (The UK listening station which monitors ALL calls,faxes,emails,sms's etc)

or search for Echelon, the US global listening program
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:18 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Feel free to search the net for Menwith Hill (The UK listening station which monitors ALL calls,faxes,emails,sms's etc)

They must be riverted by the conversations on here
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Don't worry peeps. We are all being monitored one way or another. Has anybody ever heard of the scandal in Switzerland when it came out in the open that we all had files about each move we did. No need to keep a diary, just ask around and someone will know what you were up to on a certain day at a certain time. Beware, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU and trust me, not only in the Middle East, he is everywhere. I'm not bothered, at least a few more people have a job. Actually, that would be something for me. I love to observe. Almost became detective.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by sassy

Imagine getting paid for reading entertainment. Cool
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:24 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassy
Yup, I bet they put the UN peacekeepers on standby just to sort us out !
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Don't worry peeps. We are all being monitored one way or another. Has anybody ever heard of the scandal in Switzerland when it came out in the open that we all had files about each move we did. No need to keep a diary, just ask around and someone will know what you were up to on a certain day at a certain time. Beware, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU and trust me, not only in the Middle East, he is everywhere. I'm not bothered, at least a few more people have a job. Actually, that would be something for me. I love to observe. Almost became detective.
Is there any webpages you could show me or did that scandal have a name I could search under, like Swissgate Scandal
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Is there any webpages you could show me or did that scandal have a name I could search under, like Swissgate Scandal

I wish I could help out but my memory on that one is kind of lame. I was still in school then and it didn't interest me very much. I don't know what the English media would have called it. Maybe someone else remembers?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:16 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I bet they put the UN peacekeepers on standby just to sort us out !

I think it is the companies themselves watching too. The companies my husband has worked for all have HR people who spend all day just sifting through papers, mags and internet. They will jump on anybody slandering them or misusing their name etc. This seems to have been the case here....I am sure if it was something more serious it would have been a much sterner warning.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jellybean

I think it is the companies themselves watching too. The companies my husband has worked for all have HR people who spend all day just sifting through papers, mags and internet. They will jump on anybody slandering them or misusing their name etc. This seems to have been the case here....I am sure if it was something more serious it would have been a much sterner warning.

The men in black will be paying a visit to a lady and her family on the Meadows very shortly
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:23 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

What I find strainge? Of all the posts here that have my email address on them? Why the Dubai Cargo Center, or there Human Resource Department never contacted me stating that it wasn't true what I wrote? I guess it only proves that my file really did get lost "in the system".
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:24 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

The men in black will be paying a visit to a lady and her family on the Meadows very shortly

They did....I bribed 'em
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:26 am
UAE Expat

They did....I bribed 'em
Well I could reply to that in a typical male fashion. But then? All hell would break loose from a female point of view.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Well I could reply to that in a typical male fashion. But then? All hell would break loose from a female point of view.
You saucy little man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.