Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Originally Posted by USExpat
Going to love it? Okay... I'll pay € 10.000 bonus, payable to any account wherever on this planet, to anyone on this board that can come up with a candidate as follows :

1. Dutch national (The UAE counterpart wants that)
2. Atleast 15+ years of horticultural experience, preferably on middle or upper management level(s).
3. Some African / Middle East / Far East experience with labor from these area's.
4. Willing to stay in the UAE for atleast the setup phase which is four years.
5. Speaks and writes English on a slightly higher then school level.
6. Preferably not married or living together

Anyone? It's a serious offer!!!

I really don't want to leave this awesome cheese country....
I don't know any Dutch people apart from MH, maybe she might be a member of some Dutch Residents in the UAE group or something? Also post it in the Europe section.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:28 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Going to love it? Okay... I'll pay € 10.000 bonus, payable to any account wherever on this planet, to anyone on this board that can come up with a candidate as follows :

1. Dutch national (The UAE counterpart wants that)
2. Atleast 15+ years of horticultural experience, preferably on middle or upper management level(s).
3. Some African / Middle East / Far East experience with labor from these area's.
4. Willing to stay in the UAE for atleast the setup phase which is four years.
5. Speaks and writes English on a slightly higher then school level.
6. Preferably not married or living together

Anyone? It's a serious offer!!!

I really don't want to leave this awesome cheese country....

I know a Dutchman in AD - Consular level in this line ........pm me the Co & project if you like...could link you with Philip
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't know any Dutch people apart from MH, maybe she might be a member of some Dutch Residents in the UAE group or something? Also post it in the Europe section.
Well the bonus stands... See my dilemma now? I feel like a sardine in between two slices of bread. Errr... the UAE?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well the bonus stands... See my dilemma now? I feel like a sardine in between two slices of bread. Errr... the UAE?
how much is the bonus in Dirhams?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eva
I know a Dutchman in AD - Consular level in this line ........pm me the Co & project if you like...could link you with Philip
I know him to... Tried my luck there in the past. I need a true commercial guy. One that's not afraid to get dirty hands and teach local people. And to sweeten the deal? It's a none stop, 7AM until 3PM job. So no 4+ hour break in between. I'm really getting nervous here as if everything fails it's me heading down south.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

how much is the bonus in Dirhams?
I think 57.000 AED. Don't pin me down on a few if missing okay?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:34 pm
Concierge

I think 57.000 AED. Don't pin me down on a few if missing okay?
not bad, let me post on expatwoman see if I can flush some cloggies out for you
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:35 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I know him to... Tried my luck there in the past. I need a true commercial guy. One that's not afraid to get dirty hands and teach local people. And to sweeten the deal? It's a none stop, 7AM until 3PM job. So no 4+ hour break in between. I'm really getting nervous here as if everything fails it's me heading down south.
There's a challenge......teaching local people and a non - stop day.
Good luck.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva
There's a challenge......teaching local people and a non - stop day.
Good luck.
I know But I was told most expats preferred that above a four hour break. Which basically means sitting in a traffic jam for god knows how long. Package would come with a 1 bedroom housing (apartment) + company car + 1 ticket a year. Or is my proposal unrealistic? Salary, depending on the experience level between 25.000 and 35.000 AED a month. The partners will even do a split payment plan if required (A certain percentage paid out into a Dutch account directly per month)
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I know But I was told most expats preferred that above a four hour break. Which basically means sitting in a traffic jam for god knows how long. Package would come with a 1 bedroom housing (apartment) + company car + 1 ticket a year. Or is my proposal unrealistic? Salary, depending on the experience level between 25.000 and 35.000 AED a month. The partners will even do a split payment plan if required (A certain percentage paid out into a Dutch account directly per month)
get in touch with Frans Wind...he's very agricultural...
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
get in touch with Frans Wind...he's very agricultural...
I met the guy once, but unfortunately he's in a far stage of negotiating a deal in Africa at the moment. (So I've been told) I'd almost commit murder if I could get him. He's damn good in what he does and fits the demands to the dot.

Last edited by USExpat; Dec 21st 2008 at 12:46 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

not bad, let me post on expatwoman see if I can flush some cloggies out for you
As long as you girls battle it out on how to split the bonus. Fine with me, I'm reaching the stage I'll accept any help, from anywhere!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:51 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

QUOTE=USExpat;7088038]I know But I was told most expats preferred that above a four hour break. Which basically means sitting in a traffic jam for god knows how long. Package would come with a 1 bedroom housing (apartment) + company car + 1 ticket a year. Or is my proposal unrealistic? Salary, depending on the experience level between 25.000 and 35.000 AED a month. The partners will even do a split payment plan if required (A certain percentage paid out into a Dutch account directly per month)[/QUOTE]

You do know it gets up past 40 degrees and killer humidty in AD in the summer months?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva
QUOTE=USExpat;7088038]I know But I was told most expats preferred that above a four hour break. Which basically means sitting in a traffic jam for god knows how long. Package would come with a 1 bedroom housing (apartment) + company car + 1 ticket a year. Or is my proposal unrealistic? Salary, depending on the experience level between 25.000 and 35.000 AED a month. The partners will even do a split payment plan if required (A certain percentage paid out into a Dutch account directly per month)

You do know it gets up past 40 degrees and killer humidty in AD in the summer months?[/QUOTE]

It would be a semi air conditioned work space. Temperature +/- 20 degrees Celsius 24/7 (Cooler for the cut flower area) . Office space of course fully air conditioned.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 1:06 pm
Concierge

As long as you girls battle it out on how to split the bonus. Fine with me, I'm reaching the stage I'll accept any help, from anywhere!!!!
thought the bonus was for the employee!! asked the Husband, he knows a few Dutch guys but not in this fields. I think your gonna struggle on this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.