Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK travel green list and plans to travel back to the UK from UAE

UK travel green list and plans to travel back to the UK from UAE

Old May 8th 2021, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Expat in UAE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK travel green list and plans to travel back to the UK from UAE

Folks, could someone please suggest the options available to British expats currently living in the UAE to return back to the UK in June/July this summer? As UAE is still on the Red list with no hope in sight, may I know if someone could suggest the best route to get to the UK? I don't want to flout any rules, rather work around the best route (economically) to fly out from Dubai to Birmingham in late June? Turkey has been added to the Red list so this is not an option anymore!. What other options could be to stay in any of the existing Green list European countries (Greece, France, or Italy) to spend 10 nights and then head on to Birmingham? which country is economically viable to stay in for 10 nights? - I don't intend to quarantine in the UK and stay in the dungeon for 10 days.
Thanks in advance.
Old May 8th 2021, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Benny80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK travel green list and plans to travel back to the UK from UAE

Thats spooky. I unwittingly just asked more or less the same question on this forum. During the time i was typing my query your question has popped up.

I suppose the UK government do not want to encourage travel in general and are probably reluctant to make far out predictions on future status of various countries as things can change (e.g. India)

My plan is basically to wait and see if UAE will be dropped from the Red List.

Old May 8th 2021, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat in UAE
Folks, could someone please suggest the options available to British expats currently living in the UAE to return back to the UK in June/July this summer? As UAE is still on the Red list with no hope in sight, may I know if someone could suggest the best route to get to the UK? I don't want to flout any rules, rather work around the best route (economically) to fly out from Dubai to Birmingham in late June? Turkey has been added to the Red list so this is not an option anymore!. What other options could be to stay in any of the existing Green list European countries (Greece, France, or Italy) to spend 10 nights and then head on to Birmingham? which country is economically viable to stay in for 10 nights? - I don't intend to quarantine in the UK and stay in the dungeon for 10 days.
Thanks in advance.
Firstly Greece, France and Italy are not existing green list AFAIK …. They are amber requiring home quarantine, obviously that may change before you go. I’ve booked a direct flight DXB to London in late July on the basis it may change before then if it doesn’t change I’ll look for route options nearer the time.

the problem you have is that any firm plans you might make now could easily fall apart with a rule change. Personally I’d wait until a little nearer the time and see what restrictions are in place.

As you say Turkey is no longer an option also the Maldives ….. some friends of mine went back via Bahrain a few weeks ago but that’s no longer Green.

Old May 8th 2021, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

2 weeks all inclusive in Sri Lanka
Old May 8th 2021, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKMS
Firstly Greece, France and Italy are not existing green list AFAIK …. They are amber requiring home quarantine, obviously that may change before you go. I’ve booked a direct flight DXB to London in late July on the basis it may change before then if it doesn’t change I’ll look for route options nearer the time.

the problem you have is that any firm plans you might make now could easily fall apart with a rule change. Personally I’d wait until a little nearer the time and see what restrictions are in place.

As you say Turkey is no longer an option also the Maldives ….. some friends of mine went back via Bahrain a few weeks ago but that’s no longer Green.
Thanks, I agree. I should perhaps wait for another couple of weeks.
Old May 8th 2021, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Benny80
Thats spooky. I unwittingly just asked more or less the same question on this forum. During the time i was typing my query your question has popped up.

I suppose the UK government do not want to encourage travel in general and are probably reluctant to make far out predictions on future status of various countries as things can change (e.g. India)

My plan is basically to wait and see if UAE will be dropped from the Red List.
That's right. Let us wait and see.
Old May 8th 2021, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Thixotropic77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im having to figure out the same problem. I have a direct flight early July but need to consider an alternative rout as things are unlikely to change?

Is it true that if you stay in an amber country for 10 days, you can then fly into UK and quarantine in your own address rather than a hotel?

They UK govt is expected to review the traffic light countries in 3 weeks. How likely is the UAE to make it off the red list?

Last edited by Thixotropic77; May 8th 2021 at 10:25 am.
Old May 8th 2021, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Very unlikely.
Old May 8th 2021, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Very unlikely.
I think that’s overly optimistic
Old May 8th 2021, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thixotropic77
Im having to figure out the same problem. I have a direct flight early July but need to consider an alternative rout as things are unlikely to change?

Is it true that if you stay in an amber country for 10 days, you can then fly into UK and quarantine in your own address rather than a hotel?

They UK govt is expected to review the traffic light countries in 3 weeks. How likely is the UAE to make it off the red list?
yes amber let’s you home quarantine and if you have the right amount of tests at your own expense it’s 5 days.
Old May 10th 2021, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

If money no object I'd do the necessary time chilling by the med in Tel Aviv. Can you get to Israel from UAE now everyone's (kerching) mates?
Old May 11th 2021, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Thixotropic77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flares
If money no object I'd do the necessary time chilling by the med in Tel Aviv. Can you get to Israel from UAE now everyone's (kerching) mates?
In theory yes. i haven't tried and wouldn't mind trying. i think its the best option. that or Portugal or Gibraltar 🤔
Old May 11th 2021, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flares
I was thinking the same as I'd love to visit but its looking decidedly dodgy at the moment.
Old May 12th 2021, 6:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Thixotropic77
In theory yes. i haven't tried and wouldn't mind trying. i think its the best option. that or Portugal or Gibraltar 🤔
I think Portugal is harder to get into than we think.
Gibraltar for 10 days might be a worse option than a Holiday Inn at Heathrow, I think the latter is bigger and has fewer monkeys.
Iceland would be cool.

Otherwise it's the middle of the South Atlantic.
Old May 12th 2021, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
I was thinking the same as I'd love to visit but its looking decidedly dodgy at the moment.
you're not wrong!!

Hamas not happy with my suggestion it appears

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.