Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Old Sep 4th 2023, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Grey_Witcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Originally Posted by Ilovegregggs
Yes, it's meant to be a PMO setup, but sometimes we need to go a bit beyond for reasons. We are embedded with the royal commission for yanbu and jubail, and at least in JCPDI most the Saudis are very young including area.managers who graduated in 2017...so plenty of support needed to guide progress.

Yanbu was set up to be a knowledge transfer project as jcpdi is, but they are still there 4 decades later. And jcpdi is now where yanbu was 4 decades ago minus the house of Lawrence.

Catching some strays there mate as someone who graduated in 2017. In all honestly it seems like the incentives aren’t just there for someone to make a carrier as a worker bee if you’re a local with all the local perks. According to Wiki 50% of the population is under 25 so plenty of supporting ahead for Parsons.

I can’t see cruise ferries stopping by Jazan like in Yanbu but who knows 40yrs is a long time.
Old Sep 8th 2023, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grey_Witcher

I can’t see cruise ferries stopping by Jazan like in Yanbu but who knows 40yrs is a long time.
Well, come December time the first one should be arriving..a MoU was just signed with Saudi cruise..and this before there is anything there, including a cruise terminal. Never stop being surprised at what is possible..

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ports-destinations/cruise-saudi-reveals-plans-develop-jazan-cruise-tourism

http://masareb.info/

The last link is to the current proposal for turning jcpdi into a mini Dubai on the red sea.

Last edited by Ilovegregggs; Sep 8th 2023 at 1:43 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2023, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Well, come December time the first one should be arriving..a MoU was just signed with Saudi cruise..and this before there is anything there, including a cruise terminal. Never stop being surprised at what is possible..

The last link is to the current proposal for turning jcpdi into a mini Dubai on the red sea.
To be honest i was being flippant, did not think they would open up the area for tourism before the Yemen situation is truly but to bed.

Is there a rough timeline between application and any response from Parsons. I applied just under 2 weeks ago.
Old Sep 14th 2023, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

To be honest i was being flippant, did not think they would open up the area for tourism before the Yemen situation is truly but to bed.

Is there a rough timeline between application and any response from Parsons. I applied just under 2 weeks ago.
Haha..we still get told to be careful, but the Saudis tell us that westerners aren't targets in this conflict. There were a few kidnappings up in the mountains, but they were super friendly when we've been up. Not been any issues with drones for over a year now, so a peaceful haven down here..🤣

Can't help on your last point, parsons chased me down. Not sure if they have taken over recruitment here yet or still relying on the Dubai office, which slows things down.
Old Sep 16th 2023, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Daveoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if it is much help as I am on a different project, but from meory I applied for my role June 26th and first heard back July 8th. The first was an interview with an internal recruiter in Dubai as greggs said. After that 2 days later was an interview with the Parsons project team which was quite technical and intense. From there it was a few more days and then a third interview with the Saudi Royal Commission representatives which was also somewhat technical.
After that came the organising of the visa which was a bit of a nightmare and I was kind of drip-fed information on a needs-to-know basis meaning I had plenty of emails to various parties with follow-up queries.
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Daveoz
Not sure if it is much help as I am on a different project, but from meory I applied for my role June 26th and first heard back July 8th. The first was an interview with an internal recruiter in Dubai as greggs said. After that 2 days later was an interview with the Parsons project team which was quite technical and intense. From there it was a few more days and then a third interview with the Saudi Royal Commission representatives which was also somewhat technical.
After that came the organising of the visa which was a bit of a nightmare and I was kind of drip-fed information on a needs-to-know basis meaning I had plenty of emails to various parties with follow-up queries.
Thanks for sharing that Daveoz. I am not in any particular rush for anything this side of Christmas. It seems like they have been bit before with candidates being a economical with their technical capabilities if they have to conduct an interrogation of an interview to parcel out true capabilities. It is usually not the way even technical interviews are conducted in the west.
Old Sep 25th 2023, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Interesting on the visa front. I got a rough outline of events/dates sent to me. Sure, the updates were drip fed, but my understanding is this was down to how the Saudi embassy deals with things. My agent in London was on the ball, but he admitted to the process being a complete mystery despite doing it for many years. Procedures and people at the Embassy would change frequently.
Old Sep 25th 2023, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Zak90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting on the visa front. I got a rough outline of events/dates sent to me. Sure, the updates were drip fed, but my understanding is this was down to how the Saudi embassy deals with things. My agent in London was on the ball, but he admitted to the process being a complete mystery despite doing it for many years. Procedures and people at the Embassy would change frequently.
Are you all sorted now to go out there or is there still some steps remaining?

I think you previously mentioned you were meant to go out there by September/October.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zak90
Are you all sorted now to go out there or is there still some steps remaining?

I think you previously mentioned you were meant to go out there by September/October.
Must be someone else, I've been in Saudi with parsons for the last couple of years.
Old Oct 7th 2023, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Daveoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Must be someone else, I've been in Saudi with parsons for the last couple of years.
I've just started working with Parsons. Do you mind I PM you a few queries about your experience working with them?
Old Oct 17th 2023, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Daveoz
I've just started working with Parsons. Do you mind I PM you a few queries about your experience working with them?
Sorry, haven't been on here for a little while. Will check my inbox. Happy to answer anything.
Old Dec 5th 2023, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Shahzada99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I currently live in the UK and applied to Parsons Saudi Arabia in October 2023 and went through 2 separate interviews with the commercial director and project director. I was offered the job role and signed thr required documentation with Parsons in November 2023. I am now awaiting client approval. Does anyone know how long this takes and is the client apporval just a sign off procedure? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 5th 2023, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shahzada99
Hi all, I currently live in the UK and applied to Parsons Saudi Arabia in October 2023 and went through 2 separate interviews with the commercial director and project director. I was offered the job role and signed thr required documentation with Parsons in November 2023. I am now awaiting client approval. Does anyone know how long this takes and is the client apporval just a sign off procedure? Thanks in advance.
Which program? Our client CEO has not signed off anything for months, including new hires.
Old Dec 5th 2023, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Shahzada99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which program? Our client CEO has not signed off anything for months, including new hires.
it is to work on the Qiddiya project from the Riyadh office.
Old Dec 6th 2023, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

BritishExp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shahzada99
it is to work on the Qiddiya project from the Riyadh office.
Hello. I am in the same boat as you. I have conditional offer back in Sept. Since then I am still waiting for client approval for the same scheme. Not sure should I consider it as gone or is just matter of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.