Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Old May 15th 2023, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Zak90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Hi all,

I've got an interview with Parsons next week for potential roles in Saudi Arabia. No idea what the roles are or where they are but assume from the barrage of open positions on their site that it will be for the NEOM project.

Does anyone have any experience of working for them in Saudi?
What are their salaries/working hours like compared to working directly for NEOM?
Are they working as a delivery contractor or are they acting as the client?

​​​​​​And lastly, any tips on interview success with them?
Old May 15th 2023, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Hi Zak90,

Could you please where are you currently located? My understanding is Parsons are management consultants and will act on behalf of the client. Not sure what are their salaries but I assume should be good.
Old May 15th 2023, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi Zak90,

Could you please where are you currently located? My understanding is Parsons are management consultants and will act on behalf of the client. Not sure what are their salaries but I assume should be good.
Hi Sam1980

Thank you for the speedy response.
I'm currently based in the UK. There's so much info about NEOM on these forums but nothing based on other contractors.
Would love to hear from anyone that has experience of working for Parsons.
Old May 15th 2023, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zak90
Hi Sam1980

Thank you for the speedy response.
I'm currently based in the UK. There's so much info about NEOM on these forums but nothing based on other contractors.
Would love to hear from anyone that has experience of working for Parsons.

I agree with you Zak90. It will be good to also know about salaries and packages of consultants and contractors. I actually received an email couple of weeks ago for EOI that Parsons are coming to Australia in June to interview for opportunities in Saudi Arabia.
Old May 15th 2023, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold

Hi Zak90

Can't help you very much but wanted to let you know that Parsons are also working on the Qiddiya project based west of Riyadh. So not just on NEOM.
Old May 15th 2023, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sam1980
I agree with you Zak90. It will be good to also know about salaries and packages of consultants and contractors. I actually received an email couple of weeks ago for EOI that Parsons are coming to Australia in June to interview for opportunities in Saudi Arabia.
That is exactly what happened to me, hopefully the interview goes well. Just a shame with such a wealth of knowledge of the NEOM project there isn't much on other contractors/consultancies.

Originally Posted by leepee
Hi Zak90

Can't help you very much but wanted to let you know that Parsons are also working on the Qiddiya project based west of Riyadh. So not just on NEOM.
As I did not apply for a specific role I'm keeping my options open. My sole reason for moving would be so I could save enough to buy/pay off a decent chunk of a house back home.
Old Jun 8th 2023, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Slilah is an unknown quantity at this point

That is exactly what happened to me, hopefully the interview goes well. Just a shame with such a wealth of knowledge of the NEOM project there isn't much on other contractors/consultancies.

As I did not apply for a specific role I'm keeping my options open. My sole reason for moving would be so I could save enough to buy/pay off a decent chunk of a house back home.
Hi Zak, how did that process go with Parsons? Are you moving forward with Parsons? I am in a similar boat and was wonder Your experience
Old Jun 9th 2023, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Slilah
Hi Zak, how did that process go with Parsons? Are you moving forward with Parsons? I am in a similar boat and was wonder Your experience
Hey mate,

I've not yet heard anything back from them since the interview. I do know of someone who was recently contacted to provide further basic details so it seems as if there is movement for some.

What stage are you at and where did you interview?

Regards,
Zak
Old Jun 9th 2023, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Hey mate,

I've not yet heard anything back from them since the interview. I do know of someone who was recently contacted to provide further basic details so it seems as if there is movement for some.

What stage are you at and where did you interview?

Regards,
Zak
Hey mate thanks for replying. I interviewed in London, I am now in the matching phase, so still not sure which project or even city. They asked indeed for further information regarding desired salary etc. Where did you interview? I hope you hear very soon! Btw everything goes through this semi automated emails, so check your junk email. Really strange cause I am used to recruiters calling to tell you the good news hahah. Also how did you find the interview process? Mine was like a exam haha
Old Jun 10th 2023, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Hey mate thanks for replying. I interviewed in London, I am now in the matching phase, so still not sure which project or even city. They asked indeed for further information regarding desired salary etc. Where did you interview? I hope you hear very soon! Btw everything goes through this semi automated emails, so check your junk email. Really strange cause I am used to recruiters calling to tell you the good news hahah. Also how did you find the interview process? Mine was like a exam haha
​​​​​​I also interviewed in London. It was very easy going for me as it seemed to be more of a chat rather than a grilling. What kind of things did they ask you? It may be you're at a more senior level etc.

Friend of mine filled out his post interview questionnaire asking for a huge salary. North of 6 figures so he may have shot himself in the foot. Then again how do you know what is doable if you don't even know what or where the job is.

If I ever get that far I'd like to be on the NEOM project. Unfortunately there isn't much info on Parsons and people working there.
Old Jun 10th 2023, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

​​​​​​I also interviewed in London. It was very easy going for me as it seemed to be more of a chat rather than a grilling. What kind of things did they ask you? It may be you're at a more senior level etc.

Friend of mine filled out his post interview questionnaire asking for a huge salary. North of 6 figures so he may have shot himself in the foot. Then again how do you know what is doable if you don't even know what or where the job is.

If I ever get that far I'd like to be on the NEOM project. Unfortunately there isn't much info on Parsons and people working there.

Ah ok, maybe you are right, I was interviewing for a senior manager. When they first called me, they asked my current salary which is around 110K. So I am definitely not moving abroad for less than 150-170K total package, so your friend isnt on the wrong path

Also did they ask your preference on which projects? I declined NEOM stuff cause you need to live on that compound. Have you applied to NEOM directly?

Your post is the only thing I was able to find on Parsons, and glassdoor isn’t helpful cause its majority USA based.

let me know how you crack on - which field are you in? I am in Project Control/Cost management
Old Jun 11th 2023, 4:38 am
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah ok, maybe you are right, I was interviewing for a senior manager. When they first called me, they asked my current salary which is around 110K. So I am definitely not moving abroad for less than 150-170K total package, so your friend isnt on the wrong path

Also did they ask your preference on which projects? I declined NEOM stuff cause you need to live on that compound. Have you applied to NEOM directly?

Your post is the only thing I was able to find on Parsons, and glassdoor isn’t helpful cause its majority USA based.

let me know how you crack on - which field are you in? I am in Project Control/Cost management
I was contacted by Parsons a few months ago for a role in Saudi and am expecting to mobilise mid-July. I am UK based and had a video interview with the hiring manager in Saudi for a specific project. I was also interviewing with Neom for an Oxagon role and received positive feedback following my second interview but was then told there was a headcount freeze. Based on some of the posts on this forum about Neom's accommodation challenges, I feel like the Parsons opportunity is the right one for me. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions!
Old Jun 11th 2023, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

I'm a Senior Engineer working on construction sites so not as far up the chain as you. I'd prefer to be on NEOM to be honest as then I can save on the accomodation expenses etc. I look at it as a big money saving exercise. Although working elsewhere with a large enough "western" community would also be appealing.

They didn't ask me for where my preference would be which is strange. I did apply to NEOM directly but have had no luck with them or other companies.

I have also scoured the net trying to find more info on Parsons (locations, salaries, type of company etc) but just like yourself have come up short.

Hopefully we can keep each other posted on how it goes moving forward.

Old Jun 11th 2023, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Most roles/projects in Saudi will provide accommodation or an accommodation allowance for expats.
Old Jun 12th 2023, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gooner89
Most roles/projects in Saudi will provide accommodation or an accommodation allowance for expats.
Hey mate,

Did send you a DM. What project will you be working on and did you attend a "careers event" or did you go apply yourself and then went through the process?

I see your point about accomodation etc. However I'd prefer any place where it is provided mainly due to the face that I never have time to cook (silly, I know!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.