Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Old Jun 12th 2023, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parsons - How different are they to Neom?

Originally Posted by Zak90
Hey mate,

Did send you a DM. What project will you be working on and did you attend a "careers event" or did you go apply yourself and then went through the process?

I see your point about accomodation etc. However I'd prefer any place where it is provided mainly due to the face that I never have time to cook (silly, I know!)
Hi Zak90, apologies for the delayed response. Just PM'd you. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Jun 13th 2023, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for parsons in KSA. We are handsomely rewarded, but the best gig is not neom. Our project has flex time, basically 2 weeks of toil every two months. In total, it means we get 3.5 months of leave a year. No other program in parsons has this agreement in place. You can take 3 weeks of holiday 4 times a year, and one of a measley 2 weeks. We also got 2 weeks off in total for the two Eids, also not offered across other parsons programs. The client is also very accommodating.

Free accomodation or a housing allowance, and free transport.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Zak90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ilovegregggs
I work for parsons in KSA. We are handsomely rewarded, but the best gig is not neom. Our project has flex time, basically 2 weeks of toil every two months. In total, it means we get 3.5 months of leave a year. No other program in parsons has this agreement in place. You can take 3 weeks of holiday 4 times a year, and one of a measley 2 weeks. We also got 2 weeks off in total for the two Eids, also not offered across other parsons programs. The client is also very accommodating.

Free accomodation or a housing allowance, and free transport.
Wow. Didn't know there's projects like this out there. Are you able to share what project that is? No issues if not.

What level are you at? My most concerning this is that with the way I've been asked to apply, I have no idea of compensation for each level so just need to try and get a flavour so that I can manage expectations.

Does being remote mean compensation levels are higher with the company and lastly how is it as an organisation to work for?

Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2023, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Slilah
Ah ok, maybe you are right, I was interviewing for a senior manager. When they first called me, they asked my current salary which is around 110K. So I am definitely not moving abroad for less than 150-170K total package, so your friend isnt on the wrong path

Also did they ask your preference on which projects? I declined NEOM stuff cause you need to live on that compound. Have you applied to NEOM directly?

Your post is the only thing I was able to find on Parsons, and glassdoor isn’t helpful cause its majority USA based.

let me know how you crack on - which field are you in? I am in Project Control/Cost management
Have you heard back from them since your questionnaire? I haven't heard anything since.

I didn't get asked preference for any projects in the questionnaire. I don't mind working most places but preference would maybe be on NEOM.

Level wise I'm not at construction manager level, probably a level lower for now.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Wow. Didn't know there's projects like this out there. Are you able to share what project that is? No issues if not.

What level are you at? My most concerning this is that with the way I've been asked to apply, I have no idea of compensation for each level so just need to try and get a flavour so that I can manage expectations.

Does being remote mean compensation levels are higher with the company and lastly how is it as an organisation to work for?

Thanks
I hold a senior/unit lead position. To be honest, when I was approached for the position, I held off requests over several months until they gave me a base figure, 5x what my UK wage was. I think most wages range from about 55k to 65k sar a month (about £150k+ annually) for senior/principle roles and more for senior management. But you have no outgoings beyond what you chose to spend money on. You are housed, fed, transported and your cabin is cleaned daily, laundry service twice a week. This is another 18k a month which they cover directly. They do also offer an 11k living allowance if you want to live off base. Some have taken it, some have not.

Remote location comes with a premium remuneration. They've also introduced a 13 month salary as a retention bonus. It's a hard location to recruit for as it's not as glamorous and profiled as the other mega projects, so it's good to know when negotiating your salary.

Our project is almost an entity upon itself in terms of sapl (Saudi Arabia parsons). Some things are pretty useless things, some tricky people, but overall it's ok. Staff turnover rates seem to have dropped, but they are still looking to hire a significant amount by the end of the year. WEX positions are all senior/principle levels and up.

The project is the aptly named, Jazan city for primary and downstream industries - jcpdi for short. Located all the way in the south, about 100+km from the Yemen border, on the red sea. Theres some beautiful mountains to the east, and some amazing islands off the coast. Boats can be hired with a captain for the day to go fishing and snorkeling, farasan island has a free ferry and is completely untouched. All in all, not awful. The closest town is about 30 minutes from the base, the nearest city about 45-60 mins away.

There is a direct flight to Dubai, and abha is about a 2 hour drive for more regular Dubai flights. Riyadh/Jeddah has plenty of daily flights and takes just over an hour or so to get to.

Last edited by Ilovegregggs; Jun 14th 2023 at 10:55 am.
Old Jun 14th 2023, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Slilah is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you heard back from them since your questionnaire? I haven't heard anything since.

I didn't get asked preference for any projects in the questionnaire. I don't mind working most places but preference would maybe be on NEOM.

Level wise I'm not at construction manager level, probably a level lower for now.
Happy to hear you got the next stage email! Congrats. I haven't received anything else since but keep in mind, I got that questionnaire last week so it might take a while. They asked about my preference during the interview and also about the single/family status. Based on what the recruiter/manager told me in that interview - I think they will finish their recruitment fairs around the globe ( I think one reply in this thread mentioned they are going to Aussie) this month. And once the pool of "accepted/approved" talents list has been finalized they will actually start matching everybody to various projects across their portfolio. They have won significant amount of work and they currently they don't have this much talent in house to provide this much capacity. So not too worry, you will find a nice spot! It would be great if they explained how this "mass hire" works and the timelines. Speak to your recruiter, if you have one assigned! Btw did your mate hear anything after his questionnaire yet

I hold a senior/unit lead position. To be honest, when I was approached for the position, I held off requests over several months until they gave me a base figure, 5x what my UK wage was. I think most wages range from about 55k to 65k sar a month (about £150k+ annually) for senior/principle roles and more for senior management. But you have no outgoings beyond what you chose to spend money on. You are housed, fed, transported and your cabin is cleaned daily, laundry service twice a week. This is another 18k a month which they cover directly. They do also offer an 11k living allowance if you want to live off base. Some have taken it, some have not.
This is very helpful and insightful! Do you see yourself living in ME for a long time or are you ready to come home? May I ask if you any family, if so how do you balance that?

Old Jun 14th 2023, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Remote location comes with a premium remuneration. They've also introduced a 13 month salary as a retention bonus. It's a hard location to recruit for as it's not as glamorous and profiled as the other mega projects, so it's good to know when negotiating your salary.

Our project is almost an entity upon itself in terms of sapl (Saudi Arabia parsons). Some things are pretty useless things, some tricky people, but overall it's ok. Staff turnover rates seem to have dropped, but they are still looking to hire a significant amount by the end of the year. WEX positions are all senior/principle levels and up.

The project is the aptly named, Jazan city for primary and downstream industries - jcpdi for short. Located all the way in the south, about 100+km from the Yemen border, on the red sea. Theres some beautiful mountains to the east, and some amazing islands off the coast. Boats can be hired with a captain for the day to go fishing and snorkeling, farasan island has a free ferry and is completely untouched. All in all, not awful. The closest town is about 30 minutes from the base, the nearest city about 45-60 mins away.

There is a direct flight to Dubai, and abha is about a 2 hour drive for more regular Dubai flights. Riyadh/Jeddah has plenty of daily flights and takes just over an hour or so to get to.
Very interesting details on Parsons. Thanks for sharing.

I received an email that Parsons is coming to Australia in June to hire for positions in Saudi. That was end of April I believe but haven't heard anything afterwards. Anyone from Australia got contacted by Parsons?
Old Jun 14th 2023, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Slilah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980

I received an email that Parsons is coming to Australia in June to hire for positions in Saudi. That was end of April I believe but haven't heard anything afterwards. Anyone from Australia got contacted by Parsons?
Hey mate, can only share my experience in London. So Parsons had send approx. 2 weeks before the interview an general email where you could register that you are interested in this recruitment fair ( very simple contact form) Than couple days later a HR person calls with a foreign number and they asked me quite a few personal questions, current salary, if you have preference for locations etc etc than they asked for an updated CV. This HR person puts your profile than forward to the senior recruiters and the regional managers. If they are happy - you get an invitation. My invite came 1 week before the actual interview.

My tip - register on their website as jobseeker.
The interview - be prepared for more American style interview so very exam like questions - What is this, how would you address xyz if this occurs etc etc. Although we do our job everyday, we don't always think about the processes so try to prepare for those type of questions.

Hope you get the email soon - Goodluck mate!
Old Jun 15th 2023, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Slilah
Hey mate, can only share my experience in London. So Parsons had send approx. 2 weeks before the interview an general email where you could register that you are interested in this recruitment fair ( very simple contact form) Than couple days later a HR person calls with a foreign number and they asked me quite a few personal questions, current salary, if you have preference for locations etc etc than they asked for an updated CV. This HR person puts your profile than forward to the senior recruiters and the regional managers. If they are happy - you get an invitation. My invite came 1 week before the actual interview.

My tip - register on their website as jobseeker.
The interview - be prepared for more American style interview so very exam like questions - What is this, how would you address xyz if this occurs etc etc. Although we do our job everyday, we don't always think about the processes so try to prepare for those type of questions.

Hope you get the email soon - Goodluck mate!
Thanks Slilah for the information. Appreciate it.

Didnt get anything although I am registered. Its been almost two months. Looks like they are not very interested in Aussie experience.
Old Jun 15th 2023, 2:45 am
Just Joined

xandy is an unknown quantity at this point

I also did my registration with Parson a while ago but didn't get any email or invite coming through.
Old Jun 15th 2023, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xandy
I also did my registration with Parson a while ago but didn't get any email or invite coming through.
Did they send you an invite for an event or did you register out of your own accord?

​​​​
Old Jun 15th 2023, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

xandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Did they send you an invite for an event or did you register out of your own accord?

​​​​
It was sort of Expression of interest email, where they mentioned coming to Australia in June.
Old Jun 15th 2023, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

It was sort of Expression of interest email, where they mentioned coming to Australia in June.
Yup, same email I received.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

I think they may just be working their way through different countries. There's still two weeks remaining. I know it's a long shot but you've got to remain positive.
Old Jun 17th 2023, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam1980

I have several Aussie colleagues.

Just be warned, getting to Australia from Saudi is a little pricey I hear. One Aussie told me he spends about 100k sar a year on flights..that is 4/5 return flights a year..I suspect he often upgrades and flies Emirates/Qatar airways. Something to consider if you're not based in a city with regular direct flights to Doha or Dubai. Total travel time is also quite significant, as connections are quite poorly timed.

Last edited by Ilovegregggs; Jun 17th 2023 at 1:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.