Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Now I've really had it!!!!

Now I've really had it!!!!

Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:06 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now I've really had it!!!!

Originally Posted by Singlemom
I know I should... :scared:

Where are you from?
Unfortunately, I'm in the UK.

What I have found is that in many third world countries, most of the hired help take advantage of employers with Western sensibilities. It is often hard for people from abroad to understand the way that employers treat their staff, but trust me it is necessary.

You need to keep a reserve, and stipulate exactly what you require from your staff, don't give any quarter, and if they start taking advantage such as eating all the food, making phone calls etc, make sure that they are aware that you will deduct it from their wages.

My apologies if this seems harsh to anyone reading this, but you have to understand that this is wht is expected, and your employees will not respect you otherwise.

My sister, raised in the UK, went to live in India when her husband got a job there, and for a year she suffered at the hands of numerous staff who took advantage of her generous and gentle nature, she soon got clued up.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

What's changed since last week??
I am back in Freezing Cold, Damp England and it's getting colder at the weekend
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
What about supermarket noticeboards? That's where lots of people get their maids/nannies from.

Also, I think you need to be clear that you need a maid who looks after your child. A nanny is perceived as being something else entirely. If I was employed to do a job, I sure as hell wouldn't do the cleaning while I was at it, would you? Crystal clear from the outset and you should be fine.

On my way to Spinney's after work...LG just told me there were many adds there...fingers crossed!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

I agree with Cov, a friend of mine went away for 6 weeks holiday to come back to a AED7000 Phone bill!!! Start off as the boss, lay the foundations and you will gain not only a good Maid but also a life long friend, My Father in law still has his Filipina maid now and he's in UK and she works at Welwyn Garden Hospital, this could be such an oppourtunity for a maid to secure good employment but if you let them get away with it once they will manipulate you.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
I agree with Cov, a friend of mine went away for 6 weeks holiday to come back to a AED7000 Phone bill!!! Start off as the boss, lay the foundations and you will gain not only a good Maid but also a life long friend, My Father in law still has his Filipina maid now and he's in UK and she works at Welwyn Garden Hospital, this could be such an oppourtunity for a maid to secure good employment but if you let them get away with it once they will manipulate you.

Hard to be bossy with sombody who's older!! I will try harder!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

And you were always as nice as pie towards your Mother!!!

Your the Boss in this situation, tell her if she doesn't do as you say and to your standards there are a lot of other people who will fill the position
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

We had a live in maid for a while when we moved out here, we went on holiday and came back to find our garden in tatters! She had thrown a party at our house while we were gone and finished up our alcohol!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

How did you punish her ?

Sit her down and make her drink a bottle of Vodka, teach her the evils of the Western World!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:03 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
I am back in Freezing Cold, Damp England and it's getting colder at the weekend
no its not! Its warming up again and there is not a drop of rain in sight........ the suns even been out for a while 2day.

Where r u?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:04 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

On my way to Spinney's after work...LG just told me there were many adds there...fingers crossed!
best place to look.......... LG is learning fast......... they grow up so fast these days.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:14 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
no its not! Its warming up again and there is not a drop of rain in sight........ the suns even been out for a while 2day.

Where r u?

I bet the ME is colder than UK eh!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:25 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Ok...this is for the ladies here!! (Single Mom)

Hey, wait a minute, can a six foot, six inch tall (198cm), 240 Lbs (116 Kg) ex General Manager, Ex Project Manager apply for the job as well? Hahaha... And yes, home trained by a 100% Italian female fury in the past. As long as you don't through dishes and / or pots at me (like she did). Never could hit a women back, okay... put them under cold showers occassionally.

Humor Single Mom, keeps planet Earth spinning.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nobody in Holland is that Big!!!

Your only good at Clog Dancing, Canal Jumping, Cycling, Skating

Can't even play Football these days!!!

Frans, het wae een grapje

Alsjeblieft

John
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:41 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Ok...this is for the ladies here!! (Single Mom)

Hey, wait a minute, can a six foot, six inch tall (198cm), 240 Lbs (116 Kg) ex General Manager, Ex Project Manager apply for the job as well? Hahaha... And yes, home trained by a 100% Italian female fury in the past. As long as you don't through dishes and / or pots at me (like she did). Never could hit a women back, okay... put them under cold showers occassionally.

Humor Single Mom, keeps planet Earth spinning.
Yes but can you handle two three year olds......:scared:
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:41 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Malteser
I bet the ME is colder than UK eh!
12C here today and the sun keeps peeping through the clouds....... no rain or snow in sight.

I know its about 21C in Dubai today and about 12C during the night, but that feels like Winter cos when it rains, it POURS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.