Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Mar 27th 2024, 12:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Cold_erin
(although your child is surely too young for school until at least late 2025?)
Depends on the country one is coming from and when s/he turns 4. If their birthday is between now and the end of August, they'd be starting school in September in the UK.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

SaraE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cold_erin
I interviewed late Jan.

The clear indication was that the school place waitlist was about 12 months (although your child is surely too young for school until at least late 2025?) and that they have only NC2 studio accom, unsuitable for families, for the next 12-18 months.

We would have been moving as two working adults (one PM and one teacher) plus one kid rather than 1 dependant adult and one kid.
I dunno if it would have been different if they really really loved/wanted me, but I definitely got the feeling I was not going any further as soon as I mentioned the need for a school place, no matter my skills.
(I also thought there was a big focus on communicating conditions and remoteness which I found jarring - because no sh!t. Afterwards realised it's because my panel have only ever worked in western European countries, and I'm in regional Aus. A 4-hour round trip on dirt roads to places with no shops or rec facilities is already a standard "office" day for me.)
They are definitely only looking at those who can come as a single entity at the moment. They are drumming the remoteness and living conditions quite hard as they have a lot of people who can't hack it out there and leave after a few months. One would think that if anyone is applying for a job that they would do their research about NEOM ... it's definitely not for everyone.

I think a of of the expats working there have also adopted the laid back approach ... I applied for a role in December. I've just had a 3rd stage interview (with another stage to go if I get through). It's frustrating because, as a self-employed/interim person at the moment, I can't commit to any work that is going to be longer than 3 months (and anything less than 6 months is virtually non-existent).
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

gooner89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone shed some light on how they calculate compensation for western expats who are already working in Saudi?
Old Apr 3rd 2024, 8:47 am
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gooner89
Can anyone shed some light on how they calculate compensation for western expats who are already working in Saudi?
Its a standard uplift of up to 25% (I've heard up to 30% but think that's a rarity/myth) on your salary regardless of where you're coming from.
Old Apr 3rd 2024, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by croydon_2012
Hi, I used to live in Riyadh until 2020. Had to return to London due to personal reasons and cancelled my Iqama. Now, I am looking to relocate back to Saudi, but not getting any decent offers. Heard Neom is hiring like crazy. I applied for a few suitable roles, but no luck so far even though the roles fit exactly to my profile. Is there a trick I am missing? In the past, I had seen companies like Aramco hiring through specific HR agencies - are they any for Neom?

Thanks in advance
They're advertising lots of roles but have lots of applicants. On average a job posted on Linkedin will have up to thousands of applicants within a few hours, regardless of what the job is. As a result online applications are a waste of time unless your speciality is super niche. As with most things in KSA, word of mouth recommendation through a network helps. Some of the contractors like Bechtel use agencies I think but I've not seen much in the way of agencies advertising.

As a general aside, the environment here has changed significantly since 2020. Far fewer western expats owing to a reduction in salary and packages (single contracts, no schooling, source your own accomodation and pay for it) and increased Saudisation means there has been an exodus and the environment is a little different to 4 or 5 years ago. There's still western expats here, you just don't see them as much and getting roles is tougher. Good luck.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 11:15 am
Just Joined

suspendedlol is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys dont bother with NEOM , apply WeBuild for Trojena dam.
Old Apr 8th 2024, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

tominator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEOM Potential Job

hey there - for better or worse (?) i've applied for some roles at Neom. I'm really keen to follow up and talk to a human - but I'm struggling to get past the recruitment portal. If anyone could point me in the right direction - a recruiter? someone's email? A generic email (that works) or somewhere else, i'd be really grateful. cheers t
Old Apr 8th 2024, 5:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by tominator
hey there - for better or worse (?) i've applied for some roles at Neom. I'm really keen to follow up and talk to a human - but I'm struggling to get past the recruitment portal. If anyone could point me in the right direction - a recruiter? someone's email? A generic email (that works) or somewhere else, i'd be really grateful. cheers t
If they are interested, they'll be in touch, I don't think there is any way of following up. Most roles are recruited for on LinkedIn, so if make sure you have a good up to date profile on there and mark yourself as open to work in the ME.

We try to keep all NEOM related posts together, so I'll move this to the thread about working there now.

Good luck.
Old Apr 9th 2024, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tominator
It doesn't work like that in KSA. Saudi HR doesn't deal with the public (or their own stafff mostly). You apply online and hope your CV gets seen (it likely won't as within minutes of applying for any role half of India has already applied). Unless you have a mate who works there to stick your cv under the right person's nose, you're stuck with the online application. It's not about hiring the best candidate when there are a million applicants for every job, it's whomever ticks the boxes and is seen first. That's the reality.
Old Apr 13th 2024, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Lots of people , me included, were approached on LinkedIn. So spruce up your profile for roles that you want. Gives another chance of being picked up.