Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Neom - Job grade query

Neom - Job grade query

Old May 19th 2022, 5:25 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 31
Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neom - Job grade query

Hi all. Hope some of you may be able to shed some light on how the job grading works over in Neom.

Are the grades linked to your job, or your salary? Only as salary is linked to your current earnings then it seems like it would have to be on job, however everything I have seen says that grade X = X SAR etc...

Also i have heard that your job grade also influences the standard of accommodation you receive?

My situation is that I have been offered a role however when I moved into my current role it was mid-pandemic and as a result I agreed to accept a lower wage for a temporary period. So my offer is based on this reduced "Covid" salary, which I can accept as with the tax free portion it still works out slightly above where I will be after my wages go up.

The job offer has come through as grade 6, but obviously that means nothing to me as the grades my start at 1 and go down or 1000 and go up, so I guess my query is, does accepting the lower salary have any additional knock on effects outside of pay (as in lower priority in waiting lists for accommodation etc... or does everything else remain the same as the role I applied for is supposed to be senior?

Thanks for any advice
Evilbungle is offline  
Old May 19th 2022, 1:01 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 98
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Evilbungle View Post
Hi all. Hope some of you may be able to shed some light on how the job grading works over in Neom.

Are the grades linked to your job, or your salary? Only as salary is linked to your current earnings then it seems like it would have to be on job, however everything I have seen says that grade X = X SAR etc...

Also i have heard that your job grade also influences the standard of accommodation you receive?

My situation is that I have been offered a role however when I moved into my current role it was mid-pandemic and as a result I agreed to accept a lower wage for a temporary period. So my offer is based on this reduced "Covid" salary, which I can accept as with the tax free portion it still works out slightly above where I will be after my wages go up.

The job offer has come through as grade 6, but obviously that means nothing to me as the grades my start at 1 and go down or 1000 and go up, so I guess my query is, does accepting the lower salary have any additional knock on effects outside of pay (as in lower priority in waiting lists for accommodation etc... or does everything else remain the same as the role I applied for is supposed to be senior?

Thanks for any advice

Job grades are related to salary - Job titles here mean very little as it is also just based on what your salary is. However, loosely this is what it is:
Grade 7 - Manager
Grade 8 - Snr Manager
Grade 9 - Director

I believe the minimum for Grade 7 is 60k/mth, with Grade 8 @ 80k and Grade 9 @ 100k
There is no science to it, but that is what i have heard.

EG; You may have been a senior manager elsewhere, but your title here will be based on what your salary is, and your salary here is determinant on what is what where you came from plus the % uplift of 25% - not your previous job title.

Again, generally speaking - Grades 7-9 will all be housed in B Units at NC2 on arrival. There is no difference in waitlists timing or anything. There are no differences in anything offered beside the salary paid.
Pkingston is offline  
Old May 19th 2022, 1:12 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 31
Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Pkingston View Post
Again, generally speaking - Grades 7-9 will all be housed in B Units at NC2 on arrival. There is no difference in waitlists timing or anything. There are no differences in anything offered beside the salary paid.
Thanks for responding. So if I accept the Grade 06 I will be in a C Unit? Are the family units also different types based on grade or only the NC2 units?
Evilbungle is offline  
Old May 19th 2022, 1:14 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 98
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Evilbungle View Post
Thanks for responding. So if I accept the Grade 06 I will be in a C Unit? Are the family units also different types based on grade or only the NC2 units?
Accommodation is a taboo subject around here.. No one seems to know what is going on or the logic behind the process.. I cant say with any certainty whether grade 6 is in a C or a B. Sorry

No, family units are family units. All the new ones are the same, and all in them will be charged the same amount.
Pkingston is offline  
Old May 19th 2022, 8:46 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 83
ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Evilbungle View Post
Thanks for responding. So if I accept the Grade 06 I will be in a C Unit? Are the family units also different types based on grade or only the NC2 units?
No, you will be in a B unit.
ZeroCool_HTP is offline  
Old May 20th 2022, 7:08 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 98
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP View Post
No, you will be in a B unit.
That's not true.
We had a new starter who was a director who was put in unit C last week.
Itf there are only Cs left, that's what you get. Doesn't matter what level you are
Pkingston is offline  
Old May 20th 2022, 7:44 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 83
ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Pkingston View Post
That's not true.
We had a new starter who was a director who was put in unit C last week.
Itf there are only Cs left, that's what you get. Doesn't matter what level you are
Then I really dont understand the logic, as both units (B) either side of me have been empty since 2 weeks before EID, with 1 being filled on Mon/Tues past. Plus, I have graduates and similar younger people in my team who are below manager grade and are in B Units.
ZeroCool_HTP is offline  
Old May 22nd 2022, 11:17 am
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 1
Happy_Camper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

What is the time line for moving from NC2 to NC1? I was told 6-9 months in my initial conversation with HR during the hiring process.
Happy_Camper is offline  
Old May 22nd 2022, 11:19 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 98
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

There is no timeline.
You are told a few days before you move that the unit is ready for you.

No one knows.
Pkingston is offline  
Old May 22nd 2022, 7:28 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Gulf_European's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 43
Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Pkingston View Post
I believe the minimum for Grade 7 is 60k/mth, with Grade 8 @ 80k and Grade 9 @ 100k
Is it common knowledge in what grade grade your colleagues are? Hence, you would have an idea of their salary too...

Is there a culture of promotion of grades?
Gulf_European is offline  
Old May 22nd 2022, 8:03 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 83
ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Gulf_European View Post
Is it common knowledge in what grade grade your colleagues are? Hence, you would have an idea of their salary too...

Is there a culture of promotion of grades?
Yes, usually by their job title...specialist...lead...manager...senior manager...director etc

A lot of people have been promoted in our sector, though im fairly new. Usually after a year or 2 i guess one would hope to be promoted.
ZeroCool_HTP is offline  
Old May 23rd 2022, 10:51 pm
  #12  
kkj
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 1
kkj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Pkingston View Post
Job grades are related to salary - Job titles here mean very little as it is also just based on what your salary is. However, loosely this is what it is:
Grade 7 - Manager
Grade 8 - Snr Manager
Grade 9 - Director

I believe the minimum for Grade 7 is 60k/mth, with Grade 8 @ 80k and Grade 9 @ 100k
There is no science to it, but that is what i have heard.

EG; You may have been a senior manager elsewhere, but your title here will be based on what your salary is, and your salary here is determinant on what is what where you came from plus the % uplift of 25% - not your previous job title.

Again, generally speaking - Grades 7-9 will all be housed in B Units at NC2 on arrival. There is no difference in waitlists timing or anything. There are no differences in anything offered beside the salary paid.
What will happen if someone is offered a salary of 1.25 of his previous salary and this is less then minimum value of the grade.
kkj is offline  
Old May 24th 2022, 3:41 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 98
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by kkj View Post
What will happen if someone is offered a salary of 1.25 of his previous salary and this is less then minimum value of the grade.
Then you go to the that grade below...
Pkingston is offline  
Old May 24th 2022, 4:10 am
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 3
westie17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Is it always +25% on current?

I am in discussions with a PIF entity and whilst I have not received an offer yet, from the recent discussion I had, the recruiter was talking about +20%. I am hoping that I can push for +25% if they do offer +20%
westie17 is offline  
Old May 25th 2022, 8:47 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 98
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Its discretionary, but it should always be somewhere between 20% - 30% i think.
Pkingston is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.