Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Neom - Job grade query

Neom - Job grade query

Old Nov 1st 2023, 7:04 am
  #46  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Location: The Shires
Posts: 28
NaughtiousMaximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Btdugan36
So if I am to understand you correctly even though the range may be at 20-25K/mo if I was say making 12K/mo I’d really only be looking at maybe a few thousand more a month pay increase based on present salary? If that’s the case, even with no taxes is it really worth it? Are they going to look at gross or net current salary?
for some its worth it....for others the move away from friends and family, the isolation away from towns and cities, the fact that you mainly socialise with people you work with in each others pockets, and the lack of access to alcohol etc is not worth the trade off. depends on you and what price you can pay on those sacrifices.everyone is different.
NaughtiousMaximus is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 7:45 pm
  #47  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 137
ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Current salary will be used to base your salary here.
However, to answer your question:
- Grade 5 (specialist)
- c20-25k pm
Is a lead not Grade 5? I thought specialist was Grade 3-4. We had people in our team get promoted from specialist to lead.
ZeroCool_HTP is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 7:47 pm
  #48  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 215
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Is a lead not Grade 5? I thought specialist was Grade 3-4. We had people in our team get promoted from specialist to lead.
Yeh you could be right..
Pkingston is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 8:16 pm
  #49  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Location: The Shires
Posts: 28
NaughtiousMaximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Is a lead not Grade 5? I thought specialist was Grade 3-4. We had people in our team get promoted from specialist to lead.
ah thanks for clarifying. what the going salary for leads and what grade are they at Neom? thanks
NaughtiousMaximus is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2023, 7:31 am
  #50  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 80
HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by NaughtiousMaximus
ah thanks for clarifying. what the going salary for leads and what grade are they at Neom? thanks
S
I'm surprised this needs to keep being repeated, especially to people familiar with the forum posts. We dont know what the salary bands are for each grade! Only HR knows, and like most companies, they don't publish this information.

In any case it doesn't matter what other people are earning. Individuals receive an offer based on their situation, not others. This 'looking over the fence' mentality is just not an accepted practice here.

Have you actually applied/accepted a role? None of your posts suggest you are actually interested joining Neom or accepting the way of doing business in KSA.
HelpfulExpat is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2023, 7:46 am
  #51  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Location: The Shires
Posts: 28
NaughtiousMaximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
S
I'm surprised this needs to keep being repeated, especially to people familiar with the forum posts. We dont know what the salary bands are for each grade! Only HR knows, and like most companies, they don't publish this information.

In any case it doesn't matter what other people are earning. Individuals receive an offer based on their situation, not others. This 'looking over the fence' mentality is just not an accepted practice here.

Have you actually applied/accepted a role? None of your posts suggest you are actually interested joining Neom or accepting the way of doing business in KSA.
we're all here to learn so i dont see why the passive aggressiveness. if you dont want to provide a constructive response feel free to let someone else provide one - thats what the forum is for. there are a few posts saying different things and market parity is what many of us are used to so even a ball park is what some are looking to understand, and to educate ourselves about the culture there. there is literally no reference to pay uplift for leads i have seen so your statements arent justified.

theres no compulsion to reply to this HelpfulExpat if youre going to continue to be passive aggressive.

have a good day
NaughtiousMaximus is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2023, 8:54 am
  #52  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2023
Posts: 80
HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by NaughtiousMaximus
we're all here to learn so i dont see why the passive aggressiveness. if you dont want to provide a constructive response feel free to let someone else provide one - thats what the forum is for. there are a few posts saying different things and market parity is what many of us are used to so even a ball park is what some are looking to understand, and to educate ourselves about the culture there. there is literally no reference to pay uplift for leads i have seen so your statements arent justified.

theres no compulsion to reply to this HelpfulExpat if youre going to continue to be passive aggressive.

have a good day
Apologies if it comes across as passive aggressive, not my intention.

We are sharing facts and experiences voluntarily, yet people continue to pick apart and criticise at each opportunity. If you dont like it, I recommend seeking employment elsewhere. Ones 'expectations' will not shift the way things are done here.

In my experience, people who arrive with such a critical attitude do not last long...days to weeks. We've all seen it many times.

In my view it's pointless discussing salary. It adds no value, because each individuals situation is different.
HelpfulExpat is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2023, 9:05 pm
  #53  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 3
Btdugan36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Thanks all for the responses. I was just trying to familiarize myself with how job offers and negotiating (if any) works in KSA. As it turns out the job is not working for NEOM but as a consultant to the NEOM project so the information may/may not apply. I am curious with how everyone views the housing and school situations as it looks like I would be sitting in Riyadh with occasional travel to NEOM as required. Any helpful thoughts or knowledge to share?
Btdugan36 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2024, 9:04 pm
  #54  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 3
Seatosand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Hi,

anyone know what salary grade you would be on if the title had “senior” in it?

thank you
Seatosand is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2024, 10:07 pm
  #55  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2023
Location: Australia
Posts: 94
Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Seatosand
Hi,

anyone know what salary grade you would be on if the title had “senior” in it?

thank you
Hi, I've seen a post few months ago mentioning a salary of 430,000 SAR annually for a senior engineer. I hope this helps.

It will be good also if people who actually received offers share what the salary structure is e.g. whats the salary for "senior", "lead", "manager", senior manager", "analyst" etc.
Sam1980 is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2024, 8:51 am
  #56  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2023
Posts: 26
OilTrader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi, I've seen a post few months ago mentioning a salary of 430,000 SAR annually for a senior engineer. I hope this helps.

It will be good also if people who actually received offers share what the salary structure is e.g. whats the salary for "senior", "lead", "manager", senior manager", "analyst" etc.
I don't think anyone has received an offer directly from NEOM for months. By the sounds of it most are 'Under Offer' waiting on headcounts. Could be accomodation issues.
OilTrader is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2024, 9:43 am
  #57  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2023
Location: Australia
Posts: 94
Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by OilTrader
I don't think anyone has received an offer directly from NEOM for months. By the sounds of it most are 'Under Offer' waiting on headcounts. Could be accomodation issues.
Yeah I'm aware of that but dont know what is the real issue, accomodation or what.
Sam1980 is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2024, 9:46 am
  #58  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 215
Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Seatosand
Hi,

anyone know what salary grade you would be on if the title had “senior” in it?

thank you

8
Pkingston is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2024, 10:52 am
  #59  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 170
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Seatosand
Hi,

anyone know what salary grade you would be on if the title had “senior” in it?

thank you
Hi Seatosand.
The grad depends on what comes after the senior...
Senior Analyst, probably a 2, maybe a 3. Senior Specialist is usually a 4. Senior Manager/Engineer/something like that is an 8. WHen offers start going out again, they will outline all of that.
Hope that helps!

BMH77 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.