Reload this Page >

Neom - Job grade query

Neom - Job grade query

Old Sep 8th 2023, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

NaughtiousMaximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom - Job grade query

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Hi all. Hope some of you may be able to shed some light on how the job grading works over in Neom.

Are the grades linked to your job, or your salary? Only as salary is linked to your current earnings then it seems like it would have to be on job, however everything I have seen says that grade X = X SAR etc...

Also i have heard that your job grade also influences the standard of accommodation you receive?

My situation is that I have been offered a role however when I moved into my current role it was mid-pandemic and as a result I agreed to accept a lower wage for a temporary period. So my offer is based on this reduced "Covid" salary, which I can accept as with the tax free portion it still works out slightly above where I will be after my wages go up.

The job offer has come through as grade 6, but obviously that means nothing to me as the grades my start at 1 and go down or 1000 and go up, so I guess my query is, does accepting the lower salary have any additional knock on effects outside of pay (as in lower priority in waiting lists for accommodation etc... or does everything else remain the same as the role I applied for is supposed to be senior?

Thanks for any advice

is there an opportunity to ask for a salary review after year 1
?
Old Sep 9th 2023, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NaughtiousMaximus
?
also interested to learn what the annual raise looks like at NEOM for those who have been there more than a year.
Old Sep 9th 2023, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatalex
also interested to learn what the annual raise looks like at NEOM for those who have been there more than a year.
?

Hi all. Annual pay rises usually happen in Q1 and are based on inflation. There are a few things that go into it:
- You will have had to work with the company since 1-July the previous year
- Your performance rating plays a small role in deciding the amount. (People who received a 1 for the previous year for instance, do not get an increase)
- If your compensation is significantly lower than other in your job grade, your increase might be higher than others to get your base salary up closer to your contemporaries, but that is a decision made by HR.

Hope that helps.

Old Sep 9th 2023, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

NaughtiousMaximus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi all. Annual pay rises usually happen in Q1 and are based on inflation. There are a few things that go into it:
- Your performance rating plays a small role in deciding the amount. (People who received a 1 for the previous year for instance, do not get an increase)
- If your compensation is significantly lower than other in your job grade, your increase might be higher than others to get your base salary up closer to your contemporaries, but that is a decision made by HR.

Hope that helps.
thank you v much. i wonder how objective HR are in these matters to ensure some level of fairness.
Old Sep 9th 2023, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you v much. i wonder how objective HR are in these matters to ensure some level of fairness.
In my experience, the majority of their decisions are made on numbers. They will (probably) crunch the salaries in each grade and come up with some boosts for the lowest 10-20% and let you know only if you're affected. Salary is not at all transparent here.
Old Sep 13th 2023, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Ace 101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BMH77 - I was told in order to qualify for the bonus you need to be on the ground before 30th Sept? your above message says 1 july? was wondering has this changed recently? Thank you
or is this just for the salary increase and not pro rated bonus calc
Old Sep 13th 2023, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ace 101
Hi BMH77 - I was told in order to qualify for the bonus you need to be on the ground before 30th Sept? your above message says 1 july? was wondering has this changed recently? Thank you
or is this just for the salary increase and not pro rated bonus calc
Hi Ace. Good catch and good question.
As of the latest info I have, you have to start by 30-Sept to qualify for the bonus (keep in mind it will be prorated).
To qualify for the salary increase, you have to start by 1 July.
Cheers,
BMH
Old Sep 14th 2023, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Hope that helps.
This definitely helped thanks for clearing it up. Assuming goals are your typical 'SMART' goals in which you sit with your line manager to review personal and professional goals? Does NEOM regularly share the business plan with staff? Understanding the business plan on the micro level would greatly help with setting goals. I guess the same applies for bonuses does anyone have any indication on how the bonus scheme works for NEOM?
Old Sep 16th 2023, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Totototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant futureTotototo has a brilliant future

Hi Ace. Good catch and good question.
As of the latest info I have, you have to start by 30-Sept to qualify for the bonus (keep in mind it will be prorated).
To qualify for the salary increase, you have to start by 1 July.
Cheers,
BMH
hi

Not sure to understand. To qualify for the bonus you have to start by 30 sept means if someone start after 30 sept he does not qualify? You spoke about a prorata do you mean that you don’t qualify for the full bonus but a prorated one?

thanks
Old Sep 16th 2023, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Totototo
hi

Not sure to understand. To qualify for the bonus you have to start by 30 sept means if someone start after 30 sept he does not qualify? You spoke about a prorata do you mean that you don’t qualify for the full bonus but a prorated one?

thanks
If you move and start say on the 1st of october you won't be included in the bonus scheme for 2023 which is paid in Q1 2024.