Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Oct 3rd 2022, 7:21 am
Just Joined

alexrowlanduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Morning everyone!

thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it’s been hugely helpful when weighing up whether or not to take the leap!

I can see that lots of people are experiencing the very thing that I am concerned about… the initial accommodation. Myself, husband and 2 year old would all be coming out together (husband and I both in the process of negotiating jobs) but from what I’ve seen, having us all in one of the studio units at NC2 just wouldn’t work! If it was for a week or 2 then maybe we could manage (genuinely don’t know how - it’d have to be lights off and bed for all of us at 8pm in that one room!) but from what I read, it looks like we’d be in that little studio for weeks or months.

Any recent families moved over and can shed some light on logistically how this might work?! We are happy with a 1 bed unit (2 would be ideal but I see there’s a massive waitlist) but genuinely don’t think we can make it work if we are going to be in a studio for months.

also, any mums out there, can you tell me how nursery works? What hours is it? Can I make it work with my working hours?

This seems like such a great opportunity but with a toddler, the logistics feel a little overwhelming!

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Fudge88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alexrowlanduk
Morning everyone!

thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it’s been hugely helpful when weighing up whether or not to take the leap!

I can see that lots of people are experiencing the very thing that I am concerned about… the initial accommodation. Myself, husband and 2 year old would all be coming out together (husband and I both in the process of negotiating jobs) but from what I’ve seen, having us all in one of the studio units at NC2 just wouldn’t work! If it was for a week or 2 then maybe we could manage (genuinely don’t know how - it’d have to be lights off and bed for all of us at 8pm in that one room!) but from what I read, it looks like we’d be in that little studio for weeks or months.

Any recent families moved over and can shed some light on logistically how this might work?! We are happy with a 1 bed unit (2 would be ideal but I see there’s a massive waitlist) but genuinely don’t think we can make it work if we are going to be in a studio for months.

also, any mums out there, can you tell me how nursery works? What hours is it? Can I make it work with my working hours?

This seems like such a great opportunity but with a toddler, the logistics feel a little overwhelming!

Thanks in advance
Hello,

You can give a call directly to the school, they might be able to answer a few of your questions +966 14 434 8867

We are not in Neom yet, but have been an expat a while. You really need to be convinced about why you are doing the move, and have a £ or professional goal in mind, and that should really be motivator enough, as there are much better living conditions out there, plus the rest included too, so the benefit really needs to outweigh the difficulties in the living situation as well, basically being out in the boonies!

We are moving will 2 school going kids, so there will be a ****storm if we end up in a studio…
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudge88
Hello,

You can give a call directly to the school, they might be able to answer a few of your questions +966 14 434 8867

We are not in Neom yet, but have been an expat a while. You really need to be convinced about why you are doing the move, and have a £ or professional goal in mind, and that should really be motivator enough, as there are much better living conditions out there, plus the rest included too, so the benefit really needs to outweigh the difficulties in the living situation as well, basically being out in the boonies!

We are moving will 2 school going kids, so there will be a ****storm if we end up in a studio…
Prepare for the sh*tstorm.....
2 bedroom unit waitlist is years long if you aren't even on it yet...
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Fudge88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Prepare for the sh*tstorm.....
2 bedroom unit waitlist is years long if you aren't even on it yet...
We are happy with a 1 bedroom, not being greedy
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone
Has anyone had serious issues getting their degree attested by the UKSACB? I have been waiting three months, they don't answer the phone or reply to emails. Does anyone had a more direct email address or phone number to try?
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Real Sosobad is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also in the same position as all my visa docs are complete bar degree attestation. Been waiting over 2 months so not quite as long as you but is frustrating as no one knows how much longer it will take !
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

NewhamB is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you go direct via webpage to the UKSACB, I received reply within a week that my application was rejected due to poor image of degree. I reapplied and degree attestation was back in two weeks - all free of charge.

I'm sure you can log in to your account and see progress

Hope that helps ( UK based for UK degree)

Cheers
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Folks, just a quick thanks - in fact many thanks for all the info on here, really helped me in my decision re joining the NEOM team, I originally joined the forum on a different account back in May and mined all the great advice

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NewhamB
Folks, just a quick thanks - in fact many thanks for all the info on here, really helped me in my decision re joining the NEOM team, I originally joined the forum on a different account back in May and mined all the great advice

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
If you’re struggling to log in to your original account just ping Admin a message (the ‘Contact’ button at the bottom of the page) and they’ll help.
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you go direct via webpage to the UKSACB, I received reply within a week that my application was rejected due to poor image of degree. I reapplied and degree attestation was back in two weeks - all free of charge.

I'm sure you can log in to your account and see progress

Hope that helps ( UK based for UK degree)

Cheers
Hi - just to be clear, you are saying that you got your degree attested at no cost by going to the UKSACB directly? Why did you decide not use an agency as advised by NEOM HR?

Cheers
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you’re struggling to log in to your original account just ping Admin a message (the ‘Contact’ button at the bottom of the page) and they’ll help.
thanks but just needed to change my profile name and new account seemed easiest
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheGman
Hi - just to be clear, you are saying that you got your degree attested at no cost by going to the UKSACB directly? Why did you decide not use an agency as advised by NEOM HR?

Cheers
Indeed, no reason why not - same for Police check and medical. Will use agency to sort final work Visa once final certificates are issued. UKSACB are set up to make it easy for individuals to use, as are the ACRO criminal records and standard KSA medical exam.

Cheers

Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah. Easiest for you maybe but multiple usernames aren’t allowed so not easier for us! Can you ping me a message with your previous username please and we’ll close that one if you’d rather keep the new one.

Ta muchly.
Cheers, will do
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi NewhamB
yes I did exactly that, and my application on the website still says 'under process'. Its been so difficult, I've phoned them every day foe the last four weeks and the phone has never been answered, I email almost every day too and no reply. I even reached out on LinkedIn to senior employees there put of sheer desperation and they said they would look into it but I never got any further response!
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed, no reason why not - same for Police check and medical. Will use agency to sort final work Visa once final certificates are issued. UKSACB are set up to make it easy for individuals to use, as are the ACRO criminal records and standard KSA medical exam.

Cheers
Damn, thanks for the tip. I literally just sent off my degree certificate to the agency last week, total cost of £285. I'll look to do the other parts of the process directly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.