NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Sep 22nd 2022, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Susan floozen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by renchesbijo
Originally posted by Max 2000

On average it takes about 7/8 month for you to get here from initial contact. I understand the frustration and anxiety as I went through it. It's just extremely slow, it will happen but will take time, you just have to be patient. Drop them an email every two weeks just to give them a friendly nudge. Your manger on this side is probably hounding HR to move faster too... Unfortunately HR is under resourced...
Thank you so much for responding to this, that makes me feel happy knowing it's not only me!
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

renchesbijo is an unknown quantity at this point

You're not alone @ Susan floozen, I went through the rounds of interviews in June and got a verbal offer, I was told by my recruiter that the offer will be sent in 2 weeks, however I have been on the wait since then (June 2022).
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

You're not alone @ Susan floozen, I went through the rounds of interviews in June and got a verbal offer, I was told by my recruiter that the offer will be sent in 2 weeks, however I have been on the wait since then (June 2022).
Oh wow since June. Can I ask which arm of Neom you would be working for? I would be working for technology and development side. does your recruiter stay in touch with you about progress?
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

renchesbijo is an unknown quantity at this point

My sector is infrastructure and civil construction, yes my recruiter has been following-up and updating me with every progress
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

My sector is infrastructure and civil construction, yes my recruiter has been following-up and updating me with every progress
That's great news! I wil keep in posted if I hear anything.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 2:17 am
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also been waiting since late June
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 5:21 am
Just Joined

desertsands is an unknown quantity at this point

I waited more than 10 weeks from final interview/verbal advice that they were proceeding to offer until the offer was received.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 8:26 am
Just Joined

salman935 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Susan floozen
Is it normal to wait 4 plus weeks for an offer?? I have received a verbal offer but no renumeration package yet so I've nooooooo clue.
We are in the same boat. I've received a verbal offer on August 29th this year. However, still awaiting for written offer. I don't know how long it will take
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Max 2000

On average it takes about 7/8 month for you to get here from initial contact. I understand the frustration and anxiety as I went through it. It's just extremely slow, it will happen but will take time, you just have to be patient. Drop them an email every two weeks just to give them a friendly nudge. Your manger on this side is probably hounding HR to move faster too... Unfortunately HR is under resourced...
I arrived in Neom this week, exactly 6 months from my first interview. Yes it is slow, but will get there in the end. I admit I have been majorly stressed for the last 6 months - I think if I was single without kids it would have been fine but the added pressure of trying to sort stuff out for your family as well has been a long sequence of sleepless nights. but for good or bad I am here now. I have met around 10 other people who also arrived this week and when I visited the onboarding team there was only one working (If I have met 10 there are probably many times more than that - only saying this to give an idea of how busy each onboarder and HR rep must be.)
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
I arrived in Neom this week, exactly 6 months from my first interview. Yes it is slow, but will get there in the end. I admit I have been majorly stressed for the last 6 months - I think if I was single without kids it would have been fine but the added pressure of trying to sort stuff out for your family as well has been a long sequence of sleepless nights. but for good or bad I am here now. I have met around 10 other people who also arrived this week and when I visited the onboarding team there was only one working (If I have met 10 there are probably many times more than that - only saying this to give an idea of how busy each onboarder and HR rep must be.)
That's great insight. Thank you. What's the base camp like? Videos on YouTube look ok tbf
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 9:45 am
Just Joined

wiseman231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, so great to hear about people finally getting through the process.
I am looking for some advice and insight into what happens during the primitive and early stages.
I received a call from a recruitment consultant 5 weeks ago and confirmed after initial discussion that they are sending my cv for consideration. I haven't heard back anything since then. I followed up with the agent a couple of times, but they have got nothing.
My question is, how long does it take to go from consideration to an interview? Shall I still keep hope or give up?
Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wiseman231
I am looking for some advice and insight into what happens during the primitive and early stages.
I received a call from a recruitment consultant 5 weeks ago and confirmed after initial discussion that they are sending my cv for consideration. I haven't heard back anything since then. I followed up with the agent a couple of times, but they have got nothing.
My question is, how long does it take to go from consideration to an interview? Shall I still keep hope or give up?
Cheers
For me it was very quick, however I am aware there has been alot of people out on leave for a good few months over the summer so it makes sense things are very delayed.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Alex1982klim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Hi Evilbungle,
I was hoping to ask you a few questions regarding your first week at Neom if you don’t mind.
Can I ask from where did you move and how difficult did you find it, meaning the travel to get there?
As a first impression, is it positive? Happy with your choice?
You mentioned that you moved with the family, are you all going to stay at NC2 cabin? Did they say how long will it take to move to NC1?
Thanks! Good luck!
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Susan floozen
That's great insight. Thank you. What's the base camp like? Videos on YouTube look ok tbf
It is pretty nice, have mostly been in NC2 so far as it was a public holiday on Thursday. NC1 is massive but has a great buzz about it (The foodhall is something else and was crazy busy - which is a slight worry because a lot of people were off this week.) In both NC1 and NC2 they are surrounded by building works where more of the camps are going up so in three months it will probably be very different. But the facilities are all great, and obviously all new.
Old Sep 23rd 2022, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wiseman231
Cheers
Going through the process I came to the conclusion that there isn't a "standard" timings. Somethings that I was told would be quick took ages and others that should be ages were quick. In my interview process I was told they would be moving very fast and expect it all done within a week - it took 5 weeks!

I wouldn't give up but also don't depend on anything happening quickly (or to the same timings as anyone else) sorry that isn't much help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.