Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Apr 28th 2022, 4:25 am
Just Joined

CPMB1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

any issues with receiving parcels? could you send via amazon.com some of the things you'd need for housing (furniture, small appliances, etc) and they arrive? or any major delays or issues with delivery to neom? its 120v for all electronics yes?
Old Apr 28th 2022, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

For pets people recommend expatlogistics.com. Larger dogs aren't allowed, mind. Amazon.sa deliver to camp certainly.
Old Apr 28th 2022, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CPMB1234
thank you for this. i really appreciate it.

it things for distilling are in the supermarket then its fairly relaxed and if you want to make or buy then its fairly easy so long as you are low key about it, yes?

does anyone have the measurements of the family accommodations on NC1? I understand these are two bedroom places but don't have any dimensions or layout and want to get an idea of this as we are a family. anyone have a layout / description / photos of the family accommodations on NC1?

related to this, was anyone able to bring a nanny? if you currently have a nanny from the Philippines, and would like to bring her with you, is this possible visa wise (assuming the space in the house works out)?
no Nannies are allowed I was told
Old May 1st 2022, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
no Nannies are allowed I was told
Several families on site have live-in nannies.

I personally wouldn’t. Space would be an issue for me.

How they’ve been brought in, employed and visa’d, I’m unsure. Not sure if they were already working in KSA. There are Filipinos, Thai, Ethiopian.
Old May 1st 2022, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
For pets people recommend expatlogistics.com. Larger dogs aren't allowed, mind. Amazon.sa deliver to camp certainly.
I have seen a neighbour with a massive German Shepherd/Alsatian, if I have the breed correct. But it’s big and quite a beautiful dog. I’m not completely familiar with the breeds but I’m assuming that’s the largest they allow?

Last edited by Saff_Parker; May 1st 2022 at 8:29 pm.
Old May 1st 2022, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Expat_Traveller
Hey guys

I saw there is a school in NEOM, just wanted to check if there is a Nursery? If so, how much are the fees and do they accepted babies under 12 months?

My wife and 7month old son are planning on joining me in a few months however, I wanted to check what other mothers/wives do if they are not working? If there is a Nursery would she be allowed to volunteer?

TIA
The non-working spouse community (which includes husbands and wives) is great. Lots of activities, social atmosphere, looking out for one another, etc. I’m personally very happy.
Old May 1st 2022, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Expat_Traveller
Hi, I saw you were in the family cabin and wanted to know how long it took you to get on of these? Is there a waiting list for them?

I understand there is a charge of 4k per month but I just would like to know the process of getting one and how long it takes etc... as I am planning on bringing the family out after my arrival.

TIA
I arrived in September 2021 with the first big wave of family arrivals and there were many 2 bed units available at the time so thankfully we weren’t on a waiting list and came out as a whole family altogether. However, we did have to wait until the 11th hour to be told that a 2 bed unit would be available and until then, I fully expected to be living in Jeddah with my kids temporarily while my husband lived in Neom. Thankfully that wasn’t the case. I understand there is a wait list now though. The good thing is, you get there eventually even though it takes some time.
Old May 1st 2022, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, I started the process in January. First interview in February and second at the end of February. Mid March the recruiter said they wanted to officially make me an offer, and asked me to wait for an email from onboarding to start uploading docs. It’s May and still no email.
I contacted my recruiter a couple of times and he told me “the design authority” is just a mess… like wtf?
anyone in the same situation?
they told me things usually go slow, but it’s been 5 months already, I don’t know what to think…
Old May 2nd 2022, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Tekdxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Several families on site have live-in nannies.

I personally wouldn’t. Space would be an issue for me.

How they’ve been brought in, employed and visa’d, I’m unsure. Not sure if they were already working in KSA. There are Filipinos, Thai, Ethiopian.
oh that’s interesting! But yea, where do they live?

would love to take our nanny from dubai as she’s so great.
Old May 2nd 2022, 9:47 am
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
So, I started the process in January. First interview in February and second at the end of February. Mid March the recruiter said they wanted to officially make me an offer, and asked me to wait for an email from onboarding to start uploading docs. It’s May and still no email.
I contacted my recruiter a couple of times and he told me “the design authority” is just a mess… like wtf?
anyone in the same situation?
they told me things usually go slow, but it’s been 5 months already, I don’t know what to think…
I mean didn't Ramadan just end today, so weren't they off for the past month?
Old May 2nd 2022, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
oh that’s interesting! But yea, where do they live?

would love to take our nanny from dubai as she’s so great.
The nannies usually share the second bedroom with the children or the older children. Works for some people as the benefit outweighs the inconvenience of loss of privacy (eg if there are two working parents and they need help with their children).
Old May 2nd 2022, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorshammer
I mean didn't Ramadan just end today, so weren't they off for the past month?
One month off!!!??? really??
Old May 3rd 2022, 2:32 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scott78
One month off!!!??? really??
Mentally off, don't get too excited.

​​​​saudi labor law rules for Ramadan are that working hours are reduced to six hours a day from eight.... For Muslim employees.

No required changes for kafirs, although most get treated the same.
Old May 3rd 2022, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

like (seemingly) everyone else here I am currently going through the process of getting to Neom (waiting for an offer which I think is delayed due to ramadan) and had a few questions (I know that's the same as everyone else so sorry for adding to the noise, but am struggling to get answers from my recruiter)

School: Is the school all ages or just primary? I have heard it is all years but only seen comments from people with primary age children.

Housing: I know there is a wait for the family housing but not sure how that is going, what is the wait time at the moment? Is it coming down?

Pets: we have a dog and as I understand it, it is possible to bring him but has anyone got experience of life in Neom with a dog? If we need to go out of country is it possible to find someone to watch the dog? (Which we would be happy to reciprocate)
what do you do about a vet? is dog food available from the supermarket?

Visa: how is the visa process? Do you have to visit the embassy in person?

Thanks for any advice.
Old May 3rd 2022, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Hi all,

like (seemingly) everyone else here I am currently going through the process of getting to Neom (waiting for an offer which I think is delayed due to ramadan) and had a few questions (I know that's the same as everyone else so sorry for adding to the noise, but am struggling to get answers from my recruiter)

School: Is the school all ages or just primary? I have heard it is all years but only seen comments from people with primary age children.

Housing: I know there is a wait for the family housing but not sure how that is going, what is the wait time at the moment? Is it coming down?

Pets: we have a dog and as I understand it, it is possible to bring him but has anyone got experience of life in Neom with a dog? If we need to go out of country is it possible to find someone to watch the dog? (Which we would be happy to reciprocate)
what do you do about a vet? is dog food available from the supermarket?

Visa: how is the visa process? Do you have to visit the embassy in person?

Thanks for any advice.
Hi there,

School - currently goes from nursery age (approx. 6 months old) to 8th grade I believe. There are people on camp with older kids who are being homeschooled. There are plans to of course open the school up to age 18 but I don't know when this will happen.

Housing - wait times are usually hearsay but it's usually in months rather than weeks, but depends on a few things

Pets - I don't have one but the dog owners here seem to be ok. There is a strong pet community here and a good organisation setup where they pet-sit and dog-walk for one another when someone's on vacation. Unsure about dog food at the supermarekt but I will have a look and also ask for you. I will also confirm regarding the vet but the last time I'd heard, the pet community here had managed to arrange for a vet in the closest city (Tabuk) to visit the camp I think on a monthly basis. If there's an emergency you may need to drive out yourself but I will check.

Visa - Will let someone else answer this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.