Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Originally Posted by fluffymoo
Thank you for your help. Does anybody know if there are any grey pipes coming out to the water into the creek and if there is, are they light grey or dark grey?
The opposite side to where the picture was taken, but on the apex of the bend in the creek (so further towards the sea), there is a feed into the creek, no idea what colour the pipe is, if it's visable - I can't remember.

If in a car, go down past the Carrefour (on your left), past the filling station and Bur Dubai Bus Station (both on your right) you'll come to a dead end (roundabout), walk straight'ish from there, to the creek, look left and you'll see it.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
The opposite side to where the picture was taken, but on the apex of the bend in the creek (so further towards the sea), there is a feed into the creek, no idea what colour the pipe is, if it's visable - I can't remember.

If in a car, go down past the Carrefour (on your left), past the filling station and Bur Dubai Bus Station (both on your right) you'll come to a dead end (roundabout), walk straight'ish from there, to the creek, look left and you'll see it.
Thank you for the info and help; it is much appreciated.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by fluffymoo
Thank you for the info and help; it is much appreciated.
Why the strange question then? Come on...
Old Jul 31st 2012, 9:28 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Me and Blue cat are going down there on Sunday to suss things out.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

drove through the lads home town last week, was wondering if there was any news
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Me and Blue cat are going down there on Sunday to suss things out.
we need photographic evidence of this day trip. Remember, no ice creams until 6.45.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
drove through the lads home town last week, was wondering if there was any news
DEFENCE ministers have been quizzed on what is being done to find missing sailor Timmy MacColl.
The Leading Seaman, from Gosport, has now been missing for nine weeks after he failed to return to his ship when it was docked in Dubai.
The 27-year-old vanished after getting into a taxi outside a nightclub in the early hours of May 27.
Despite underwater searches around Port Rashid, Dubai detectives have been unable to piece together what happened to the father-of-two.
Jim McGovern is the Labour MP for Dundee West, where Mr MacColl’s uncle is based. Mr McGovern asked the Parliamentary Undersecretary of State for Defence Andrew Robathan: ‘Constable Colin MacColl of Tayside police came to my surgery last Friday.
‘He outlined how distressed and distraught his family are at the fact his nephew, LS Timmy MacColl, was last seen on May 27 in Dubai on shore leave from HMS Westminster.
‘Can the minister outline what has been done to try to locate LS MacColl and what will be done in future to alleviate my constituent’s concerns?’
Mr Robathan then told the House of Commons: ‘This is a sad case. ‘LS MacColl has disappeared.
‘The Royal Navy police made all efforts to find him in Dubai, but unfortunately the ship then sailed, as ships do.
‘We have no particular police presence in the country. ‘We are liaising with the Dubai police, who are leading on the case.
‘The Foreign Office is absolutely on the side of the Dubai police.’

-------------------------
edit by BEVS to add

Quoted from HERE

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 31st 2012 at 6:57 pm. Reason: That ole BE rule ref copyright. cheers
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

This bored seems to be getting a kicking on the FB site, seems a shame after the help that was offered. Seems they are offended as someone dared to mention thld be dead.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:56 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53
This bored seems to be getting a kicking on the FB site, seems a shame after the help that was offered. Seems they are offended as someone dared to mention thld be dead.
Really? 'Cos wearing yellow ribbons and posting 'BTH' every day was a lot of use...

EDIT> Hmmm, the person criticising us seems to think that a medium and a spiritualist church will be of help. It's been nine weeks since he went missing. I'm sure we'd all love it if he was found alive but after all this time? Sadly, it seems very unlikely.

Last edited by Meow; Jul 31st 2012 at 7:02 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

See below;
Also I visited the expat forum a few days ago, I think in the beginning they were a helpful bunch, but sadly the forum has turned very negative, I got shot down for saying I thought Timmy was still alive! They seem to want answers from the family, they didn't like being told the family don't owe them anything.....don't bother looking a waste of time!
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This board seems to be getting a kicking on the FB site, seems a shame after the help that was offered. Seems they are offended as someone dared to mention thld be dead.
I understand that this may irk in places but the FB group are entitled to air their view freely on FB if they so wish , just as we will & do here. It remains nothing to do with BE & so it is best not to bring it home here but to leave it right there, in their own house.

May I also suggest that it is best not to cross forum/community post. That way leads to war & hell. Nothing good will come of it for that poor sailor or his immediate family.

Those of us that use BE know that this acerbic Be ME group has been ace , on the ground , where it matters. That is all we need to know. If someone joins to add their 4 eggs worth and then doesn't like what is written back, then so be it. That's the world. That's people.

I did suggest that if there are more actual family relatives/friends joining and visiting here incognito, that they maybe would be best to declare their true interest.

BE rules would apply of course. No bun fights.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 31st 2012 at 7:15 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I have just looked at the FB page..at least here on BE we are trying to do something constructive, instead of putting up yellow ribbons and praising the Dubai police.
Who on FB helped to identify the picture or can be bothered to get off their arse and go down to have a look at the area.???

Most of the people on that page are not in Dubai and have no idea how things work over here....I have been doing lots behind the scenes, as have other people. Now they want to slag us off........... fine...I give up!!!!

It seems that the family are happy to come on here and ask us when some information is required but then don't like it if people offer up other opinions....personally I don't think he went AWOl... He is either locked up ( which is increasingly unlikely) or ..as painful as it is to hear it...dead.

It speaks volumes, when THIS is posted on FB
As for us the family not posting we have no more information than you do, the Dubai police don't give out updates until the investigation is closed. It's the way they work and we don't want to offend them in any way.

Dear Timmy's family..Start getting angry..start demanding, start making noises, start upsetting people..That is the only way you will get this moved on.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I understand that this may irk in places but the FB group are entitled to air their view freely on FB if they so wish , just as we will & do here. It remains nothing to do with BE & so it is best not to bring it home here but to leave it right there, in their own house.

May I also suggest that it is best not to cross forum/community post. That way leads to war & hell. Nothing good will come of it.

Those of us that use BE know that this acerbic Be ME group has been ace on the ground , where it matters. That is all we need to know.
I understand that Bevs, however I do feel a need to defend our little group occasionally
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:26 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I understand that Bevs, however I do feel a need to defend our little group occasionally
Interestingly, there are some family members on this bored, and they haven't criticised us at all. far from it in fact.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:29 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I have just looked at the FB page..at least here on BE we are trying to do something constructive, instead of putting up yellow ribbons and praising the Dubai police.
Who on FB helped to identify the picture or can be bothered to get off their arse and go down to have a look at the area.???

Most of the people on that page are not in Dubai and have no idea how things work over here....I have been doing lots behind the scenes, as have other people. Now they want to slag us off........... fine...I give up!!!!

It seems that the family are happy to come on here and ask us when some information is required but then don't like it if people offer up other opinions....personally I don't think he went AWOl... He is either locked up ( which is increasingly unlikely) or ..as painful as it is to hear it...dead.

It speaks volumes, when THIS is posted on FB
As for us the family not posting we have no more information than you do, the Dubai police don't give out updates until the investigation is closed. It's the way they work and we don't want to offend them in any way.

Dear Timmy's family..Start getting angry..start demanding, start making noises, start upsetting people..That is the only way you will get this moved on.
Yup. The problem is, they've confused "that's the way they work" with the actual reality of "that's how they bury something they can't be arsed looking into".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.