Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:14 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Originally Posted by The Dean
'The Blackest Cat'???

A real name, in these particular circumstances, might have given your whinge a tad more credibility............

And have a read of the 'Justice for Natalie' thread that is also running on here, and judge for yourself whether your Timmy or our Natalie might be the main focal point of our concerns............
Sorry Dean,you know I love you but don't do that.
A life is a life is a life.
x
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theblackestcat
...if you are going to make stupid comments do it elsewhere...
Yes they are, they're doing it here on BE, not on the family FB page.

It's human nature.

Also, the family have been offered huge amounts of support and help, so to join in the thread to slag the posters off is probably just as offensive to those who offered sensible help and assistance.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Please, please, please, let's not turn this into a bun fight. Thanks
Sorry Sue..but I am sure that you can understand our frustration!! I still offer all my help, contacts ..whatever, but I don't think it is fair for them to diss this site and say we are not helping!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:08 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Sorry Sue..but I am sure that you can understand our frustration!! I still offer all my help, contacts ..whatever, but I don't think it is fair for them to diss this site and say we are not helping!
I don`t think anyone said that you weren`t all helping - I think the gist of the post was that they found some of the remarks unhelpful and hurtful - which you can`t really be suprised at. As an outsider of this particular part of BE I`ve been following this thread with interest - in fact I got my head chewed off by some of you for daring to suggest that some of the posts might be found by the family to be offensive.
I`m not having a go - I`m merely pointing out that whilst you`ve all gone out of your way to offer help, it`s been tainted by some comments. You all appear to be a close knit group doing what many expats the world over do - offering help to fellow Brits in need. The level of frustration felt by you about how the case is being handled is understandable and I think echoed by a lot of people. Whilst peoples messages of BTH, prayers and yellow ribbons may not be of any practical use, they are the only way that many have of showing that they are thinking about the family - not my thing but hey....
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I don`t think anyone said that you weren`t all helping - I think the gist of the post was that they found some of the remarks unhelpful and hurtful - which you can`t really be suprised at. As an outsider of this particular part of BE I`ve been following this thread with interest - in fact I got my head chewed off by some of you for daring to suggest that some of the posts might be found by the family to be offensive.
I`m not having a go - I`m merely pointing out that whilst you`ve all gone out of your way to offer help, it`s been tainted by some comments. You all appear to be a close knit group doing what many expats the world over do - offering help to fellow Brits in need. The level of frustration felt by you about how the case is being handled is understandable and I think echoed by a lot of people. Whilst peoples messages of BTH, prayers and yellow ribbons may not be of any practical use, they are the only way that many have of showing that they are thinking about the family - not my thing but hey....
Oh...whatever ....can't be bothered now...was going to post but I have been out far too late ..it is 4.10am..time for bed says Zebedee
Attached Thumbnails Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor-zebedee.jpg  
Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an outsider here, too, but honestly if that was the gist of the post she/he could have worded it much better. The post by the supposed family member was rude and their comments on people "up their own arse" was unnecessary. I think they would have got a whole lot better reception had they not stooped to name calling and maybe thanked the people here who offered (still offer) help. It's possible the people who have offered assistance found their comments offensive - I know I would have.

Yes, the ME group do seem like a tight knit group but from what friends who have lived in the Middle East have said the expat community there is very close. It's not like here in Australia where expats tend to mingle with the locals.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Sorry Dean,you know I love you but don't do that.
A life is a life is a life.
x
True, but the Natalie case is something we can (probably) influence in some way, and in which our own efforts might actually produce a result (a boycott of the hotel might not help Natalie recover, but it would certainly put pressure on the hotel financially).

And a number of our regulars appear to know her personally.........
Old Jul 19th 2012, 6:59 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm an outsider here, too, but honestly if that was the gist of the post she/he could have worded it much better. The post by the supposed family member was rude and their comments on people "up their own arse" was unnecessary. I think they would have got a whole lot better reception had they not stooped to name calling and maybe thanked the people here who offered (still offer) help. It's possible the people who have offered assistance found their comments offensive - I know I would have.

Yes, the ME group do seem like a tight knit group but from what friends who have lived in the Middle East have said the expat community there is very close. It's not like here in Australia where expats tend to mingle with the locals.
Actually Dorothy you are probably spot on - it could have been worded better and I can understand it upsetting people. I can also understand why the poster might have been upset though. Unfortunately I think there may never be a conclusion to Timmys disappearance.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Dorothy you are probably spot on - it could have been worded better and I can understand it upsetting people. I can also understand why the poster might have been upset though. Unfortunately I think there may never be a conclusion to Timmys disappearance.
that depends on whether his body is ever found, I think we can assume that he is dead, harsh as it sounds but it is the reality of the situation.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that depends on whether his body is ever found, I think we can assume that he is dead, harsh as it sounds but it is the reality of the situation.
I think you're right. For a while I had thought maybe being so young and married with 2 kids and another on the way was too much and he decided to disappear but it would have made so much more sense to do this in Europe or somewhere with a less harsh environment. It must be very difficult for the family to not know what happened to him.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:29 pm
Im a woomaaan

Aye, those were my thoughts too - I do wonder if there will be any sort of closure for the family - very sad.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:37 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, those were my thoughts too - I do wonder if there will be any sort of closure for the family - very sad.
I know, it's awful. I am guessing the case will remain open until a body is found or 7 years has elapsed.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm guessing that they searched the containers around the area?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:48 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I'm guessing that they searched the containers around the area?
I am guessing so, but they haven't given out any official information since they were here last.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 9:19 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I know, it's awful. I am guessing the case will remain open until a body is found or 7 years has elapsed.
7 years? Is that a local law?

Any updates on the cringebook page or anything from the family?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.