Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Holy Mary and Joseph,

I haven't followed the thread from start to finish every day, but didn't Fluffy leave us and flounce off some time ago? Did she come back then and flounce again ? How many flounces is this ?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 10:59 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

. removed .

Last edited by Autonomy; Sep 20th 2012 at 11:31 pm. Reason: thought better of it. my own unhelpful comment about another unhelpful bunch of comments was... unhelpful
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:04 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Look I admit when this thread started I felt that some on here were offering help with one hand whilst making some comments that were rather unecessary. I was called out for that, even sneeringly called a squaddies wife, told that my comments and thoughts were stupid. I honestly felt that if anything happened to my hubby next time he`s in Dubai I`d crawl over broken glass before even mentioning it to you lot. You can come across as a pack of rabid wolves at times. I felt a lot of empathy for the wife & family and still do.... but what can`t be denied is that a lot of you have gone out of your way to help- way over and above and I was perhaps rather harsh.
Lets be honest, living anywhere else other than Dubai what could one really do to help other than raise awareness via the internet, the only thing I could physically do was put it on FB and speak to my cousin who lives in Dubai and ask her if she was aware of it or knew anything - she didn`t but to be fair she was on an extended holiday back to the UK. Now I honestly don`t think a petition will help, I don`t think yellow ribbons will help, I don`t think celebs will help, but I understand that to the family it is important to try and use these tools as a focus, a way of making people think of Timmy & his family. So maybe cut people some slack when all they are doing is what they possibly can whilst not actually living in Dubai
I think the family knows that all these things won`t help either but I think they are clutching at straws, because if they stop all these things they are admitting to themselves and the world that they have given up on Timmy - and that surely would be a greater shame to them, worse than perhaps admitting that you lot were right all along when you said get out here now. Worse even than admitting that if they had come out straight away and pushed they may have had answers.So maybe cut them some slack and back off with some of the comments
I do however think the family may have alienated people with the lack of comment and updates, though tbh I`m not sure that they have a lot of info to divulge. Now it`s also fair to say that Joe Bloggs whilst having a sense of involvement through FB etc may have a feeling of entitlement to info - after all we are all nosey buggers at heart but in reality it would be at least be appropriate to update those on the ground who have actually helped (I`m assuming that most of you haven`t been- though I could be wrong on that). So maybe family members could cut forum members some slack.I guess what I`m trying to say is that you lot may be arseholes at times (I quote Commander for that one) I may have pegged you wrong and read the words you wrote whilst forgetting the intent to help that most of you had. This thread was started to raise awareness, gain help and info, it`s done all of that but seems to have lost it`s way. It`s a bloody shame that kids are still missing a dad and a wife is left without answers and we all seem to be able to do now is bicker and take away from the goodwill shown.
( oh gawd you lot are gonna tear me to bits for this waffle but I really felt I had to put it all down)
Just further point out what Im trying to say.

Last edited by gobbyjock; Sep 20th 2012 at 11:12 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:16 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Just further point out what Im trying to say.
agreed - but what's being said, I think, is out of order. Good luck.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:40 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
agreed - but what's being said, I think, is out of order. Good luck.
Yes you are right it is out of order -and thats another point I was trying to make. On both sides uneccesary comments are being made, the whole thing is unravelling and it`s all a bloody shame.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:00 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

And probably time to close the thread and let it die, as the good will seems to be ended with the last flounce...but I'm still reluctant to do it, in case there is a further update.

We'll see.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:47 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I say close it. There isn't going to be an update.

He is dead as a dodo unfortunately and at this stage I don't think there is going to be any closure.

Yup in the UK, the family could contact a 'macintyre investigates' or 'ross Kemp' type TV show to carry out investigations (desperate times call for desperate measures) but this is Dubai: the UAE authorities would never allow it and to be fair given all the **** ups that seem to be attributed to the RN in the 48hrs post timmy going missing, I doubt the UK authorities would back anything.

Now, fluffymoo is rightly very upset. Her family member is missing. She is clutching at straws. She states the authorities and friends in Dubai are helping and the investigation is ongoing..really?

Fluffy, the reason that this thread is going sour is that we have no idea what is going on? If you have friends 'helping' (and I'd doubt that) in Dubai, what are they doing? Can we assist also?

Don't just bombard us with ****ing yellow ribbons, BTH bullshit from that cringeworthy FB page. I read the daily updates from Randall and the other extremely sad misfits of life and they either need a good rodgering or a bullet. Its a ****ing joke full of cyber grief mongerers, who once Timmy has either been found(alive or otherwise) will move on to the next cyber drama.

Tell us what investigations your 'friends' are looking into. But beware, if they are looking into biker gangs, then yea, we will tell you to not be so ****ing daft.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Should there be need for an update, which is extremely unlikely, then a new thread could open. I'd say close it, no more sensible, practical help is going to be forthcoming and it's only going to further degenerate which does no one any good.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

NO NO NO........ this thread must continue - for ever.

It has become one of those things that are so uncomfortable to watch that it becomes compulsive viewing, like an England penalty shoot-out or that Last Of The Summer Wine series on the telly.

KTMIDTG

Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:16 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
And probably time to close the thread and let it die, as the good will seems to be ended with the last flounce...but I'm still reluctant to do it, in case there is a further update.

We'll see.
Close it. If anyone has an update, they can PM a member of the mod team, and it can be reopened then.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fluffymoo
You really are a bunch of amazingly, lovely people...I can't thank you enough for what you have done.

My family would never have achieved anything without the help from you all .... We are friends with and in daily contact with several ex pats in Dubai..and are so grateful to you all

I have been commenting on here to keep the awareness going and to show how wonderful you all are.... but enough is enough, I am so sorry that I and the family haven't thanked you as much as we should have!
Anyway....
chink chink birthday girls have a fabulous day and once again..thank you all xxx Fluffymoo
Hi sweetie...I amended this for you... I realise that you have a problem expressing your gratitude and that you, at times, become overwhelmed with emotion at how much the 'bored' members have helped you...thank you so much for the birthday greetings too
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Close it. If anyone has an update, they can PM a member of the mod team, and it can be reopened then.
Nooooooo leave it up. TBH, it still has some amusement value
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Hi sweetie...I amended this for you... I realise that you have a problem expressing your gratitude and that you, at times, become overwhelmed with emotion at how much the 'bored' members have helped you...thank you so much for the birthday greetings too
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:25 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Nooooooo leave it up. TBH, it still has some amusement value
Can I just wish everyone a happy birthday......
Old Sep 21st 2012, 5:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

How absolutely fabulous darling

BTW, where does one find one of those fabulous 'water' cooler thingies??? I need one.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Sep 21st 2012 at 5:43 am. Reason: To add a bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.