Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! I'm moving to Saudi and lost!

Help! I'm moving to Saudi and lost!

Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:14 pm
W10

Default Re: Help! I'm moving to Saudi and lost!

Originally Posted by Mellie66
You say you are of Indian descent? well I agree with another poster, you will find it extremely hard...

Either way, it seems to me that he's made his mind up. It doesnt appear that he's prepared to take any notice either of people who have been there.
Seriously - a lot of Gulf Arabs simply do not see that there is anything wrong with the way most sub-continentals are treated. Third class citizens at best.

As I said - he may enjoy it. It's his choice. It may be the best experience of his life.

Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10
Very pithy...I like it.

However.

You were trying to say that Saudi isn't a dangerous place for Westerners.

From the people I know who currently live there, and the people I know who used to (as I mentioned - a mixture of Arabs and Westerners) all say otherwise. So you are the first person in more than 20 who I know with personal experience of the country who say it is a nice place.

You're also ignoring blatant facts (re the driving - Saudi is THE most dangerous country in the world for driving. In almost every measurable way, it has the highest death rate on the roads on the entire planet.)

And just to bite at CN again

Mate - if you fat assed Khaleejis and your equally useless kinfolk from elsewhere in the Gulf could get off their thick asses for 10 minutes and do some work (or even have the brain power to figure out how to switch their computers on), then you could kick us all out instead of complaining about us.

One Lebanese fattoush coming up!!!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10
Seriously - a lot of Gulf Arabs simply do not see that there is anything wrong with the way most sub-continentals are treated. Third class citizens at best.

As I said - he may enjoy it. It's his choice. It may be the best experience of his life.
Third class??....You are giving them a lot of credit.....Theyre treated as classless even....
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shoushou
Third class??....You are giving them a lot of credit.....Theyre treated as classless even....
TINO! - MY SWEET PETUNIA!

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I keep seeing this thread pop up and I can't resist anymore
Attached Thumbnails Help! I'm moving to Saudi and lost!-compass.jpg  
W10

One Lebanese fattoush coming up!!!
I don't like the way you winked when you said that...do you put a 'special' dressing on it?

Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by W10
I don't like the way you winked when you said that...do you put a 'special' dressing on it?

He is a "special dressing" believe me!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, to go back to Al Khobar, to shop at Panda Azzizyah and have to walk past the many staring staring staring (did I mention staring) men, even in an abiyah, no makeup and looking like I just crawled across broken glass.......I miss it...........NOT.
All it did was make me think, ah, on my last day, exit visa in hand, Im coming in here and lifting my shirt, give them something to really stare at. And thats just one of the downsides..........lol.......
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by willmore
TINO! - MY SWEET PETUNIA!
Oh brother.......
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I keep seeing this thread pop up and I can't resist anymore
Uncle Carmine....how ya dooin'????
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by W10
Extra special.....Zingy and tangy..... wink wink!!!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He is a "special dressing" believe me!
Hmmmmm.......
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh brother.......

Hows my missing link today?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mellie66
Oh, to go back to Al Khobar, to shop at Panda Azzizyah and have to walk past the many staring staring staring (did I mention staring) men, even in an abiyah, no makeup and looking like I just crawled across broken glass.......I miss it...........NOT.
All it did was make me think, ah, on my last day, exit visa in hand, Im coming in here and lifting my shirt, give them something to really stare at. And thats just one of the downsides..........lol.......
So did you do it or not??????? The suspense is killing me.......
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hows my missing link today?
Im feeling bold as an eagle.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.