Dubai debt skips - the facts only please

Wikiposts

Dubai debt skips - the facts only please

Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

unhappyhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai debt skips - the facts only please

Originally Posted by Meow
I don't have the time nor inclination to read 1,000 word ranting posts, but from the small part I did read, would like to say that two wrongs don't make a right. Not by any moral code.
Would you agree that it is the Christian thing to do to throw people in prison for debt?

Do you think the National Newspaper is real news?

Do you have an education beyond a certificate?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:31 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unhappyhere
Would you agree that it is the Christian thing to do to throw people in prison for debt?

Do you think the National Newspaper is real news?

Do you have an education beyond a certificate?

You are just being silly and rude and making things up now.

Not being a Christian I wouldn't really like to comment, but no one here believes that the system in the UAE for dealing with debt is fair. That doesn't mean that you shoudn't repay your debts. The world is all in shades of grey, but it takes a degree of maturity to see that.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone tell you that this isn't a Christian country?

I'm not a big fan of cannibalism but our brothers in papua new guinea don't have a big issue with it. How about that.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:53 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I'm not a big fan of cannibalism but our brothers in papua new guinea don't have a big issue with it. How about that.

Perhaps the OP has a case of 'it's not just like the UK, oh woe is me -itis'? It's a fairly common complaint.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:01 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, but my points had a couple of reasons. The company CEO of your company specifically says that they have Christian ethics. As a non-practicing Christian, but very familiar with Christian teaching, I know for a fact Jesus would not have said something as stupid as two wrongs don't make a right.
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

I'm not Christian either, but while we're throwing around mythology...
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:03 am
Just Joined

unhappyhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I am shocked that you just make comments with out actually doing any background work. Really, in this country I expect people to do more.

She works for a company who's CEO talks about its Christian ethics. But thanks for the notification of where I am. What does Papua New Guinea have to do with anything? You cite another third world country?

Hmm. Papua New Guinea. Interesting to bring one the old colonies into the picture.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

Perhaps the OP has a case of 'it's not just like the UK, oh woe is me -itis'? It's a fairly common complaint.
hey meow, so what happened to 2 wrongs don't make a right?

shades of grey?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:18 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
hey meow, so what happened to 2 wrongs don't make a right?

shades of grey?

The two statement are not contradictory. Not if you are realistic.

We live in a complex world and I doubt there is a country in the world that has laws with which any of us would be 100% happy with. The fact is that the rules here are quite clear. If you are in debt you can go to jail. It isn't right and it isn't a solution, but that does not mean that there is no moral requirement for people to repay money that they have borrowed.

Last edited by Meow; Jun 9th 2011 at 12:39 am.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

We live in a complex world and I doubt there is a country in the world that has laws with which any of us would be 100% happy with. The fact is that the rules here are quite clear. If you are in debt you can go to jail. It isn't right and it isn't a solution, but that does not mean that there is no moral requirement for people to repay money that they have borrowed.
I think you make an interesting point which many 'foreigners' overlook when they go somewhere. They dont' agree with a countries laws, but that does not mean you should break them. Remember the kid Michael Fay who got done for vandalism in singapore? He got canned as the law said. I don't think you should break any rules unless you are ready to face the consequences. 'Banged up abroad' was a great example of morons who obviuosly didn't consider that..Gave for massive lols however.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 12:57 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Paracletus
I think you make an interesting point which many 'foreigners' overlook when they go somewhere. They dont' agree with a countries laws, but that does not mean you should break them. Remember the kid Michael Fay who got done for vandalism in singapore? He got canned as the law said. I don't think you should break any rules unless you are ready to face the consequences. 'Banged up abroad' was a great example of morons who obviuosly didn't consider that..Gave for massive lols however.
A friend that I went to school with featured on Banged up Abroad. Seems to be reshown quite a lot on local channels too. Are they giving hints, do you think?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
I remember at the time that the American bloke got charged in Singapore, that if he had spray painted my car, a caning would have been the bare minimum retribution that I would have wanted him to recieve.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

but are the rules "quite clear"?
all I see around me are shades of grey.

Unhappyhere's point is completely valid. There are rules and there are rules. Random arrest when people are pissed, having 'illegal' sex, swearing, etc 24/7 hardly makes for quite clear rules. Everyone at the grand prix and 7's are pissed on the tele for crying out loud don't even mention the hypocrisy surrounding the financial 'crimes'.

Finally, I don't believe the rules are clear to newcomers- have a drink with some co-workers, get gang raped, complain, get chucked in jail- that aussie chick is suing the australian government for not informing her of her rights. Sure, some of you guys can rattle away with laughter- but that hardly helps.

Theres a lot I didn't know about this society before coming here.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:27 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
but are the rules "quite clear"?
all I see around me are shades of grey.

Unhappyhere's point is completely valid. There are rules and there are rules. Random arrest when people are pissed, having 'illegal' sex, swearing, etc 24/7 hardly makes for quite clear rules. Everyone at the grand prix and 7's are pissed on the tele for crying out loud don't even mention the hypocrisy surrounding the financial 'crimes'.

Finally, I don't believe the rules are clear to newcomers- have a drink with some co-workers, get gang raped, complain, get chucked in jail- that aussie chick is suing the australian government for not informing her of her rights. Sure, some of you guys can rattle away with laughter- but that hardly helps.

Theres a lot I didn't know about this society before coming here.

I thought this thread was about debt. The rules on debt are pretty clear.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The bit that shocked me most in this thread was the claim that the National was the world's worst paper. We all know that's the Khaleej times.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I thought this thread was about debt. The rules on debt are pretty clear.
ok if you'd like to deflect this back to debt then the rules on debt are.... shades of grey. There are rules and there are rules. Or are you saying that as an outsider one should not be confused about the people who do and don't land up in jail.

If you agree with this confusion then the rules are not very clear are they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.