Doha British Expat Soiree

Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

youngdoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doha British Expat Soiree

30th will work for me
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
None at all? Not even inside the hotels? Oh well

On another note if you had a whole day to spend in Doha and wanted to do something or go somewhere nice where would you choose?
It's Ramadan mate , it's lockdown , nothing is open during the day . Shopping malls will be open 10am-1pm then 6pm through until 1am

You can still get food in the Hotels but no booze until the Eid weekend . If i had to spend a day in Doha during Ramadan i'd spend it at work , failing that i'd try a look around The Pearl and a night time dodge to Souk Wafiq .

It's literally deserted here .
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:24 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
It's Ramadan mate , it's lockdown , nothing is open during the day . Shopping malls will be open 10am-1pm then 6pm through until 1am

You can still get food in the Hotels but no booze until the Eid weekend . If i had to spend a day in Doha during Ramadan i'd spend it at work , failing that i'd try a look around The Pearl and a night time dodge to Souk Wafiq .

I normally argue that there is loads to do/see in Doha. Seems if you take alcohol away there is sweet FA. Souk Wafiq is a pleasant stroll around and has a good cheap curry house there, I went to a new mall the other night at around half 11 and found a Paul Smith shop with 50% off. There was also Hugo Boss, Cavalli, Diesel to name a few. I usually hate shopping but the lack of Alcohol and the fact I seem to think I have too much money as I am staying in made me spend way too much..............Still it killed a few sober hours.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

which mall is this mate?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I normally argue that there is loads to do/see in Doha. Seems if you take alcohol away there is sweet FA. Souk Wafiq is a pleasant stroll around and has a good cheap curry house there, I went to a new mall the other night at around half 11 and found a Paul Smith shop with 50% off. There was also Hugo Boss, Cavalli, Diesel to name a few. I usually hate shopping but the lack of Alcohol and the fact I seem to think I have too much money as I am staying in made me spend way too much..............Still it killed a few sober hours.
+2 on that can you remember the name of the mall?

Think ill do a bit of shopping and a look around the pearl
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

The Gate
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

where is that??
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by youngdoc
where is that??
Next to City Center in West Bay http://www.thegate-qatar.com/
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Run up and down the Corniche for five hours. Then run to the Katahr (sic) and run up and down the stairs with the Security Looking funny at you but not knowing how he can stop you, also the locals looking at you like you are something from another planet.

Check out the Ampitheater at the above place, blew me away and made me scratch my head and mummble why? a lot
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartans53
Run up and down the Corniche for five hours. Then run to the Katahr (sic) and run up and down the stairs with the Security Looking funny at you but not knowing how he can stop you, also the locals looking at you like you are something from another planet.

Check out the Ampitheater at the above place, blew me away and made me scratch my head and mummble why? a lot
Haha i get the same over here mate. The locals obviously have no idea that staring is rude and will stop there walking/talking etc just to gawk at me as i run by. Its got to the point where ive just stopped running and had to make do with the treadmill
Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:58 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

The Gate
Yup, its part of Salam centre and the sale is on all Ramadan I think. I may return before its over...........
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:56 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to be contrary, but the Intercon is serving booze and food all day in a new restaurant overlooking the pool. Plenty young, furtive air hostesses topping up their tans, which adds to the experience. Called the Coral, or similar.

[J]
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:28 pm
Shark Fisherman

Are you sure its Booze? I saw an advert for that today it also states they are playing Live music. Is that not also Haram in ramadan?
Old Jul 27th 2012, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

AirBender is an unknown quantity at this point

30th it is then folks at Sheraton. But where exactly at Sheraton, I know how to recognise britexpat76 though - through tattoos

So for others if you see a white male with tattoos with an indian/pakistani looking male. Come say hello.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Sorry to be contrary, but the Intercon is serving booze and food all day in a new restaurant overlooking the pool. Plenty young, furtive air hostesses topping up their tans, which adds to the experience. Called the Coral, or similar.

[J]
There is no alcohol served in Qatar during Ramadan ...No exceptions mate except your own villa or apartment.

It's a missprint or bullshit , every joint is closed until Eid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.