Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone like Doha??

Anyone like Doha??

Old Jul 21st 2012, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone like Doha??

Originally Posted by Jacksie
I moved to Doha from Dubai 8 months ago and we all really love it here. I have my son and daughter here with us, they are in their 20's, both have made many friends and are enjoying life to the full. Boat trips, dune bashing, etc etc... the drivers although erratic are slower than Dubai. Doha is what you make of it, like anywhere in the world. The best move we made was coming here.
I am in my late 20s and will be moving to Doha soon. I was a little worried i was going to be the youngest guy in country allmost. How did they find the social scene? Meeting new people etc and simple things like going to the shops,cinema etc?

Thanks
Ryan
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

I am happy to see that certain people make the most of and do like Doha...

For me I like it because it made me appreciate that there is a wonderful world out there, like Dubai and also other places outside the Middle East.
Sometimes we take the world for granted...
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:30 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
I am in my late 20s and will be moving to Doha soon. I was a little worried i was going to be the youngest guy in country allmost. How did they find the social scene? Meeting new people etc and simple things like going to the shops,cinema etc?

Thanks
Ryan
One of my Pals is 21 and having the time of his life here.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future

Thanks
Ryan
They go to the W on a Wednesday, and have meet lots of friends through work. Kim is 21, and Ash is 23 both are having a great time here. If you do come over, P.M. me so that I can arrange an introduction to them both and I am sure that they will be happy to show you around. They often go to the Cinema, and we have pool parties here at our condo. BBq's etc... Obviously it's Ramadan here at the moment so we party in each others houses.I hope this helps.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

They go to the W on a Wednesday, and have meet lots of friends through work. Kim is 21, and Ash is 23 both are having a great time here. If you do come over, P.M. me so that I can arrange an introduction to them both and I am sure that they will be happy to show you around. They often go to the Cinema, and we have pool parties here at our condo. BBq's etc... Obviously it's Ramadan here at the moment so we party in each others houses.I hope this helps.
It certainly does help! Thanks for that
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future

I did forget to say you will need to be 21 to buy booze, or enter clubs. ( They always ask for I.D.) but I am sure that you will have a great time here. Keep an open mind.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I did forget to say you will need to be 21 to buy booze, or enter clubs. ( They always ask for I.D.) but I am sure that you will have a great time here. Keep an open mind.
Im 26 so shouldnt be a problem. Whats the W by the way?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:28 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Im 26 so shouldnt be a problem. Whats the W by the way?
W-Hotel, near the City Center and Diplomatic Area.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

I will P.M you and I am sure that you will have a great time here. I can at least introduce you to people from there you are on your own.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

AirBender is an unknown quantity at this point

Jacksie: Pls pm me your details as well. I'll be there in a week's time.

Also, why dont we organise a meetup for all Doha'ites out here? Just to kick things off?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:36 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AirBender
Jacksie: Pls pm me your details as well. I'll be there in a week's time.

Also, why dont we organise a meetup for all Doha'ites out here? Just to kick things off?
I would be up for that, show you some of the sights.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I would be up for that, show you some of the sights.
I should know this week when and if im coming out there

If so i would defo be up for that also
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

AirBender is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a plan. I will put create a new thread for this and pencil in a few dates.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys I haven't been around for a few days. I am really ill. I have picked up Amoebic dysentery, apparently we have an outbreak of it in Doha. I was questioned yesterday where I have eaten in the last few weeks. I will put a warning up in a moment on another thread. I have been to hospital and was given painkillers plus fluids. It's very serious, and I am extremely sick at the moment. When I get better I would be happy to meet up with you all.