Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Things you miss when you leave the ME

Things you miss when you leave the ME

Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things you miss when you leave the ME

After a not so great deal of thought, i thought i would write down my list of things i miss so you can take an extra bit of time to appreciate what you have.

Things you miss

Cheap cigs - everyone should take up smoking in the ME because in the developed world everyone is being priced off my favorite habit

House maids - having to clean our own place and masturbate now

Things you don't miss.

Abayas, nokias in belt clips, Saudis, ramada Dan, up themselves Arabs, shit driving, humidity, Mosques calling to prayer, maloos, smoggies, wasta, having Iran on yer doorstep, shit pork, having the word pork blanked out of movies whilst allowing the C word that rhymes with munt.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you miss when you leave the ME

Have I missed something? When did you had leave and where have you decided to escape to?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Cheap cigs - everyone should take up smoking in the ME because in the developed world everyone is being priced off my favorite habit
That, and the general attitude to smoking..totally sidelined in society as a smoker in the west. And no sheesha bars here.

To your list, I'd like to add succulent baby camel and shwarmas for 700 fills. Oh, and particular to Bahrain, I do miss the Jan Burger joint...mmm
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap petrol.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 5:00 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

That end-of-the-month SMS advising you that a shed load of tax-free goodness has just landed in your bank account.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 5:06 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Waking up on a Friday morning knowing that the weather outside will be okay for cycling.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:33 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Driving at night with windows down and feeling the warm middle-eastern air.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Waking up on a Friday morning knowing that the weather outside will be okay for cycling.
Similarly, knowing that you can plan an outside event with confidence that it won't be rained off.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 5:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
You need another hobby.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
Have I missed something? When did you had leave and where have you decided to escape to?
Slipped out the back door to orzstraylea and loving it. Not as much as Singapore but a hell of a lot. Feel like I have my life back
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

BritGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
That end-of-the-month SMS advising you that a shed load of tax-free goodness has just landed in your bank account.
ha ha so true, just got my SMS this morning. Lovely jubbly
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:11 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You need another hobby.
Yeah, he should take up running or swimming.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Slipped out the back door to orzstraylea and loving it. Not as much as Singapore but a hell of a lot. Feel like I have my life back
A few of our friends have escaped to Aus too but report that the taxes are high but I know what you mean about getting your life back. Good luck!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soukie
A few of our friends have escaped to Aus too but report that the taxes are high but I know what you mean about getting your life back. Good luck!
Thanks soukie, the taxes are extortionate but the lifestyle more than makes up for it.
Haven't felt so contented, ever

And kangaroo is really tasty, seriously. Like gamey beef with a hint of livery iron
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:24 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Thanks soukie, the taxes are extortionate but the lifestyle more than makes up for it.
Haven't felt so contented, ever

And kangaroo is really tasty, seriously. Like gamey beef with a hint of livery iron
Are taxes extortionate from a ME perspective or UK perspective? I was under impression they are generally lower than in Europe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.