Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Al Raha Beach to be put on hold

Al Raha Beach to be put on hold

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:27 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Raha Beach to be put on hold

Yes I fancy an anna love fest lol...
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
What happens if you have bought of plan on one of the developments now shelved?
Shelved being the word Commander, this project will get finished, just not to programme !

Read the small print, developers always come out smelling of roses !
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:33 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Yea on reflection, glad I got turned away at the property convention for being too scruffy.

Saved me a fortune
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

you will be shelling out more money over a longer period and still not have a house to live in. you dont think the developer will say oh sorry heres all your money back do you, nah apparently you could i think loose 30% of original price or something like that. thats the risk buying off plan, master plans change, floor plans change, developers change, development change, green spaces change thats why its best to buy something at least finished so you can see what you get for your hard earned money. i would say that raha would come out better than reem or the other islands tho!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:01 pm
banned

Or simply buy in UK where most of the variables you mention do not come into play..which is exactly what we decided to do
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Or simply buy in UK where most of the variables you mention do not come into play..which is exactly what we decided to do
Aye, 16 Poles in a single - end just past Blairgowrie.Who needs Dubai?
Old Dec 27th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

I can vouch for Aldar salaries too up to a certain level and at that level I wouldnt really call them outrageous. High yes, there are other companies paying more. Their accommodation allowances start out pretty bloody high though.

As for Raha beach being cancelled... thats news to me too. Perhaps as one other poster said they will be taking advantage of making companies tender rather than paying cost plus but haven't heard of cancelled projects.

Lastly.... ALOR announcing redundancies due to changes to workload? Well maybe thats just politics... this is the UAE after all.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
I can vouch for Aldar salaries too up to a certain level and at that level I wouldnt really call them outrageous. High yes, there are other companies paying more. Their accommodation allowances start out pretty bloody high though.

As for Raha beach being cancelled... thats news to me too. Perhaps as one other poster said they will be taking advantage of making companies tender rather than paying cost plus but haven't heard of cancelled projects.

Lastly.... ALOR announcing redundancies due to changes to workload? Well maybe thats just politics... this is the UAE after all.
Raha beach is not being cancelled as such apparently..

Apparently the following contracts are still going ahead-

Al Bandar, Al Muneera, Aldar HQ, The Camps at Musaffah, Al Khubbeira and Al Zeina !

Ferrari World (The GP Track) is ongoing and Motorworld will start shortly but instead of building temporary car showrooms they are building permanent ones.

There will be some cut backs and mothballing on the other projects though.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

melbournez is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at Al Raha recently and here is what I saw:

Al Zeina, Yas Island, Al Bandar all crawling with workers and a lot of structural building finished. Putting the inner walls in some of the projects.

Khor AL Raha/Al Muneera is flat. A bit of foundation and wires sticking out the ground.

Some of the buildings in the Al Dana area going up and glass being added.

Pretty confident that Al Zeina, Al Bandar, Yas Island GP Circuit + few hotels and some of the Al Dana buildings will get completed sometime next year. Surprised that Khor AL Raha is still where it is given it was one of the earlier developments to be sold - but perhaps they need that area to transport materials to Al Bandar and it has a due date in 2010 anyways.