Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Who is from Yorkshire?

Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Sep 1st 2013, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by sugarcoated
East Yorkshire, in West Michigan right now.
Tell us more, about you and your situation...
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Lbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond repute

Secondary school in Halifax, 6th form in Huddersfield...
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

chayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
I watched Among Giants years ago and loved it, you are right its a good film...

Sorry about the name, I struggled finding a name as I came up with so many good ones, I feel like a Fish out of Water living here, that was my number 2 contender, I just went with the obvious as I love Fish n Chips, 56 is the year I was born, I actually worked in Attercliffe and lived in Beighton, that was before Crystal Peaks appeared on the map...

I still visit great chippys I went to as a kid, but the three I went to in Attercliffe have been knocked down...
Ah, sorry i thought it was S6 lol I really should wear my glasses more often. I have lived in a few areas of Sheffield, starting off at Walkley then the Manor, Hillsborough and finally before moving over here lived in Stannington. i dont know many of the chippy's of Attercliffe but many a Saturday night was spent in the excellent Indian restaurants around there
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:20 pm
Newbie yet to move

Brownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite new on here, living in Sheffield but once the other half proposes will be looking to move to Perrrysburg, OH.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

chayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownsugarccf
I'm quite new on here, living in Sheffield but once the other half proposes will be looking to move to Perrrysburg, OH.
What part of Sheffield are you if you don't mind me asking, oh and whats the weather like today
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:50 pm
Newbie yet to move

Brownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond reputeBrownsugarccf has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Walkley, it's a bit dull today! Where are you from?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

I'm from Walkley, it's a bit dull today! Where are you from?
Grew up on Leamington Street and went to Weston Road school until I was 7, last lived top of Wood Lane Stannington before moving over here
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 2:40 pm
Newbie yet to move

Originally Posted by chayowl
Grew up on Leamington Street and went to Weston Road school until I was 7, last lived top of Wood Lane Stannington before moving over here
I went to Westways in Crookes and King Edwards Vii school. Always been in S6
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

I went to Westways in Crookes and King Edwards Vii school. Always been in S6
You must have gone to school a bit later than me, Westways was Weston Road when I went there....Our house was right at the bottom of Warwick Street.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 3:07 pm
Newbie yet to move

I grew up on Mona road, i'm 33, my brother 39 and my sister 42.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

I grew up on Mona road, i'm 33, my brother 39 and my sister 42.
I know Mona Road it is on the other side of the school from where I lived, I am 51 so a good deal of age gap there.... I have been in the Cobden a good few times but used to like the little pub crawl along the top of Crookes
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:39 pm
Newbie yet to move

I know Mona Road it is on the other side of the school from where I lived, I am 51 so a good deal of age gap there.... I have been in the Cobden a good few times but used to like the little pub crawl along the top of Crookes
My dad used to be a mechanic under the Punch Bowl pub for many years. The area is pretty much unchanged, I like walking the hills to keep fit! perrysburg where my partner is is super flat, so not as much fun for sledging in winter as Blake Street which is right by where I live at the moment!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

My dad used to be a mechanic under the Punch Bowl pub for many years. The area is pretty much unchanged, I like walking the hills to keep fit! perrysburg where my partner is is super flat, so not as much fun for sledging in winter as Blake Street which is right by where I live at the moment!
I remember going up and down Blake Street when we used to visit my gran, that is one heck of a hill and yes a very scary sledge ride I would think!!! I am the same as you will be soon, it is very flat around here, the nearest hill is probably 50 miles away, I do miss the hills of Sheffield, we went to Gatlinburg in the Tennessee mountains and it so felt like being back at home, there is even a river running through there that could be a big scale Rivelin.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:59 pm
Newbie yet to move

I remember going up and down Blake Street when we used to visit my gran, that is one heck of a hill and yes a very scary sledge ride I would think!!! I am the same as you will be soon, it is very flat around here, the nearest hill is probably 50 miles away, I do miss the hills of Sheffield, we went to Gatlinburg in the Tennessee mountains and it so felt like being back at home, there is even a river running through there that could be a big scale Rivelin.
Well i'm glad i've met a fellow Sheffielder. I need all the help I can get with the American ways! It's going to be a real shock to the system lol!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Well i'm glad i've met a fellow Sheffielder. I need all the help I can get with the American ways! It's going to be a real shock to the system lol!
Oh believe me it is a shock indeed, I have been here 10 months now and am still getting used to a lot of things. I do love it over here, we live right by the ocean in a nice part of the country, I do think getting used to the size of the place and the distances that you can travel is the thing that most gets me, no jumping on the bus and popping down to Hillsborough, everywhere seems to be a bit of a drive, a school baseball game can be a 30 mile drive..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.