Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Who is from Yorkshire?

Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

chayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by Ruth16
When I use to go back I would stay with family that lived in Stannington, the house also overlooked crookes and Bell Hag, you could see the riders taking their horses out early mornings.
What part of Stannington were you from. I lived on Fairbarn Drive for a few years and then went over to Wood Lane. My parents still live on Woodfarm Drive. This was my view over to Bell Hag..
Attached Thumbnails Who is from Yorkshire?-bell-hag.jpg  
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ruth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chayowl
What part of Stannington were you from. I lived on Fairbarn Drive for a few years and then went over to Wood Lane. My parents still live on Woodfarm Drive. This was my view over to Bell Hag..
Liberty road, and my mom was in what use to be called manor house up further on Stannington rd, next to the Peacock
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

chayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond repute

Liberty road, and my mom was in what use to be called manor house up further on Stannington rd, next to the Peacock
I know Liberty Road really well, it was the start of my walks down to Rivelin Valley. The Peacock was a big fave of mine and when my wife came to visit Sheffield that was our local, she loved it in there.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ruth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond reputeRuth16 has a reputation beyond repute

I know Liberty Road really well, it was the start of my walks down to Rivelin Valley. The Peacock was a big fave of mine and when my wife came to visit Sheffield that was our local, she loved it in there.
When I went to stay with my mom when she lived in the manor house, senior living, all we had to do was step over the wall to the peacock, we had some great meals there, she passed away about 7 years ago, haven't been back since, I still have family in Sheffield, London And Cambridge areas. But don't miss Sheffield one bit, are you on the sheffield forum ? It's sheffieldforum.co.uk.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

made in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant future

how old are you guy,s?(i,m 44) i lived on roscoe bank road for 10 years or so ,and stay with my dad when i go back who lives off wood lane,any of you went to myers grove?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by made in sheffield
how old are you guy,s?(i,m 44) i lived on roscoe bank road for 10 years or so ,and stay with my dad when i go back who lives off wood lane,any of you went to myers grove?
Oh, I'm much much older than you . I went to St Pats when I lived in that area, my friends children now around your age now went to Myers grove ,the Crow brothers
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

I am 51 so a good deal older, my family moved to Whiston when I was younger so i went to Brinsworth School. My cousin Russ Dowde is about your age and he went to Myers. I know quite a few people in the Wood Lane area, mostly on Woodfarm Drive but a few from the other Woodfarms as well.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

When I went to stay with my mom when she lived in the manor house, senior living, all we had to do was step over the wall to the peacock, we had some great meals there, she passed away about 7 years ago, haven't been back since, I still have family in Sheffield, London And Cambridge areas. But don't miss Sheffield one bit, are you on the sheffield forum ? It's sheffieldforum.co.uk.
I am on Sheffield forum but not been on there too much, I think I will be on there a bit more now i am over here , I am DobberD on there..
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

made in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant future

hi ruth ,i know a chris crow he,s abit older than me, and chayowl how do you like pawley,s island? i lived in myrtle beach for 6 years (miss it ) hoping your name is reference to the international brand known as SWFC
Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

hi ruth ,i know a chris crow he,s abit older than me, and chayowl how do you like pawley,s island? i lived in myrtle beach for 6 years (miss it ) hoping your name is reference to the international brand known as SWFC
I love living here, it is as beautiful as i thought it would be, it is a wonderful place to live. Just having the ocean a short walk away and all of the great places to visit, it is a whole new life for me....and yes I am an Owl, season ticket holder for a good few years, went to my first game as a 5 year old and have been a East Bank fan ever since. The Saturday event of Horse and Jockey and down to the game with my brother is something I do miss...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure what SWFC means , I have family in myrtle beach and friends living hilton head, I live in Connecticut, hoping to move to Georgia closer to family this year.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

I love living here, it is as beautiful as i thought it would be, it is a wonderful place to live. Just having the ocean a short walk away and all of the great places to visit, it is a whole new life for me....and yes I am an Owl, season ticket holder for a good few years, went to my first game as a 5 year old and have been a East Bank fan ever since. The Saturday event of Horse and Jockey and down to the game with my brother is something I do miss...
Sounds wonderful where you live cahyowl, being a female I'm not a fan of football , sorry , I just follow the u conn husky girls basketball now and then ..
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what SWFC means , I have family in myrtle beach and friends living hilton head, I live in Connecticut, hoping to move to Georgia closer to family this year.
Sheffield Wednesday Football Club...up The Owls.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

My paternal grandparents lived on Rural Lane, just to the north of you, but my parents lived further south, off Abbey Lane, and I went to Abbey Lane School, until we moved away.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nickw_2308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brighouse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.