British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/job-abu-dhabi-investment-authority-638456/)

shone_aussie Apr 9th 2015 11:40 pm

Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by PG84 (Post 11531702)
I sent you a PM

PG84 - I would love to hear your experience with PDI tests. My is scheduled in a week. Have you been able to progress further? Your assistance is much appreciated.

shone_aussie Apr 9th 2015 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_Mate (Post 11476920)
Hi All,

I also passed my PDI test and I was due to fly to Abu Dhabi for the site visit this week , only to be told that ADIA management has put the hiring process on hold , and they may (may not) continue in Jan 2015 , and that affected all teams/departments , anyone else got the same response?

Cheers

Dear Aussie_mate, I was wondering if you could please share your experience on preparing for ADIA? I have my PDI Tests in the next week. Your assistance is much appreciated.

hirensyd Apr 10th 2015 12:47 am

Originally Posted by shone_aussie (Post 11615196)
Hi Hiren, my PDI Tests are in a week in Syd. Just wondering what your thoughts on the assessment? Seems like you have progressed well.

Hi,

Just sent you a PM

Sa35 Apr 14th 2015 3:37 pm

Hi Guys,
please any body received official offer can advice how much long it took between the conditional offer and offical offer ?

bt_pooh Apr 14th 2015 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Sa35 (Post 11618715)
Hi Guys,
please any body received official offer can advice how much long it took between the conditional offer and offical offer ?

It took me about a month. That was earlier than up to 2 months initially mentioned, although in others have previously mentioned it took longer for them, so I think it can vary...

Sa35 Apr 14th 2015 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by bt_pooh (Post 11618731)
It took me about a month. That was earlier than up to 2 months initially mentioned, although in others have previously mentioned it took longer for them, so I think it can vary...

Thanks bt_pooh. That really helped me to relax.

Riina Apr 14th 2015 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Sa35 (Post 11618768)
Thanks bt_pooh. That really helped me to relax.

Don't worry, if you have a conditional offer then the contract will follow. I think mine took about 6 weeks!!

Sa35 Apr 14th 2015 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Riina (Post 11618775)
Don't worry, if you have a conditional offer then the contract will follow. I think mine took about 6 weeks!!

Thanks alot Riina, so I have couple of weeks to wait .

george2015 Apr 24th 2015 12:46 pm

Dear All,

I am currently being interviewed by Abu Dhabi Investment Council. I have read this thread and the information available is extremely helpful about Abu Dhabi Investment Authority. There are few questions is my mind which I could not get to the bottom due to lack of info in the net.

Can I assume the work, culture and salary will be similar to ADIA? I mean the allowances, etc. I am paid nearly GBP 100k in UK all inclusive bonus, etc.

I would be grateful if I can get some interview tips and also what to expect at the end (salary) if I finally qualify. Also if the interview process is as rigorous as in ADIA.

Riina Apr 24th 2015 12:55 pm

Salaries are on a case by case basis - but they will definitely offer better than what you're on, so don't worry about that

Originally Posted by george2015 (Post 11627481)
Dear All,

I am currently being interviewed by Abu Dhabi Investment Council. I have read this thread and the information available is extremely helpful about Abu Dhabi Investment Authority. There are few questions is my mind which I could not get to the bottom due to lack of info in the net.

Can I assume the work, culture and salary will be similar to ADIA? I mean the allowances, etc. I am paid nearly GBP 100k in UK all inclusive bonus, etc.

I would be grateful if I can get some interview tips and also what to expect at the end (salary) if I finally qualify. Also if the interview process is as rigorous as in ADIA.

george2015 Apr 24th 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks Riina for your quick response....would you able to shred some light on the interview process please. Can I assume the process will be same both ADIA and ADIC.

rebeccalondon Apr 25th 2015 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Riina (Post 11618775)

Hi Riina,

How long have you worked in ADIA? Do you enjoy working there?

I recently received an offer from them and is confused about the joining allowance.

It talks about "allowance will deprecate over two years, 60% in the first year, 40% in the second year" Does it mean you get paid joining allowance each of the three years?

Thanks in advance! :p

Riina Apr 26th 2015 12:08 am

The depreciation point is a bit confusing but simply means that if you were to leave in the first 12 months then you are entitled to 60% only (ADIA) will write off 60% in first year in their books..this will mean you pay back 40% if leaving in first 12 months

Your headhunter should be able to answer any questions - what role have you been offered?

Originally Posted by rebeccalondon (Post 11628912)
Hi Riina,

How long have you worked in ADIA? Do you enjoy working there?

I recently received an offer from them and is confused about the joining allowance.

It talks about "allowance will deprecate over two years, 60% in the first year, 40% in the second year" Does it mean you get paid joining allowance each of the three years?

Thanks in advance! :p

Riina Apr 26th 2015 12:43 am

Hi,

Sorry I don't know the answer to that - I expect the security checks etc will be the same but I can't comment on if ADIC and ADIA interview processes are similar.

Broadly speaking ADIA initially conduct a panel interview and if successful, you're invited to an assessment centre. Following this if successful you are then invited out to AD for a site visit where you have further meetings.

That's the process in a nutshell

QUOTE=george2015;11627489]Thanks Riina for your quick response....would you able to shred some light on the interview process please. Can I assume the process will be same both ADIA and ADIC.[/QUOTE]

rebeccalondon Apr 26th 2015 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Riina (Post 11628929)
The depreciation point is a bit confusing but simply means that if you were to leave in the first 12 months then you are entitled to 60% only (ADIA) will write off 60% in first year in their books..this will mean you pay back 40% if leaving in first 12 months

Your headhunter should be able to answer any questions - what role have you been offered?

Thanks Riina, This is very helpful! I did ask my headhunter but he explained this wrong (paid three times etc..)--- I thought it was a bit strange. I applied for a position in non-investment department (p grade)

Riina, the contract is three years? do you expect any increase at performance review each year? or are they going to stay the same over the contract period?

Thank you!:thumbsup: