Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

AdamSayaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

did you do the assessment?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

or just a phone interview
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

whity is an unknown quantity at this point

No. Only the face to face interview.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdamSayaf
Someone help me. I completed the assessment test ,and i did the face to face interview,now they are waiting for the results in order to give me an offer, How long does it take to get the results from the time you do the exam , whats the average?
The result times can vary, from 3weeks to 3 months.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

wow that long
Old Apr 9th 2014, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

why does it take that long
Old Apr 10th 2014, 2:40 am
ejy
Just Joined

ejy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My partner and I are due to fly out in a couple of weeks for her to do her 2 days of back to back interviews at Adia HQ in Abu Dhabi.

My wife did pretty well in her Psyc tests and the process has been going on since last year September.

I wanted to see if someone could assist me with the following questions.

The recruiter has given her an itinerary of face to face interviews without any insight into the agenda. She has asked the recruiter numerous times as to how she is meant to prepare but either the recruiter genuinely hasn't bothered to get this information from Adia or Adia has specified no information is to be given out to any candidates. My wife is interviewing for a portfolio manager role, what is she to expect during her face to face meetings? Will this be a technical interview?

Additionally, I work in Software Sales and I am wondering whether there is a market in Abu Dhabi for me to move into Software sales roles?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:44 am
Just Joined

I believe she has completed thephone interview , if so,then they are just bringing her to meet the team,and just to introduce herself ,....They just need to see her in person ,thats all. I went through the same . Btw , how long did you wife have to wait before the results came out for her assessment?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:49 am
ejy
Just Joined

i believe she waited almost a month.
She had a half hour chat over the phone with one of the directors and now she is meeting 11 different people within the organisation.

Have you been through this process?

Its 2 days of back to back interviews - would it just be a meet and greet with all of them?

My only other concern is she got a DUI a few years ago - she has been completely upfront about this with them and the recruiter said it should be fine. Australian laws are pretty tough had it been anywhere else she would not have got a DUI - nevertheless, it was a silly mistake long gone. Do you think it would be an issue, has anyone previously had an issue with this?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Oh she waited a month for the results ? Really,i thought it would be a week or so, so it does take a while. I had to meet 9 ppl ,they just met me one by one, and sat for a few minutes asking about me, how i find abu dhabi , and if there is something unsure about my CV , they would ask , if she completed thephone interview , and all went fine , then this interview is just to see her in person,to put a picture to the voice basically and to see her personality...

Regarding DUI, thats notimportant , and she shouldnt discuss it to them , she shouldnt make it the main topic of the interview , its the past let it go, and focus on the interview.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 4:35 am
ejy
Just Joined

Actually just spoke to her and it was 1 week before she got her reply on the psychometric test.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:20 am
ejy
Just Joined

Also in terms of the interviews, my wife is meeting mainly people from the team she is possibly going to work for, but also people from HR and operations, any advice on what these interviews may entail.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:00 am
Just Joined

hot_stepper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ejy, as previously commented these are all an opportunity for a 'chat' more than formal interviews - even across departments. This is the final check to see if a person fits. The general attitude seems to be that if the formal interviews went well and the assessment results were high enough then the hard part is done with. I suggest she uses the opportunity to ask questions in return and determine where she can deliver value - and have a conversation to that effect with each of them but in reality she just needs to be herself and have open conversation.

She may find some people are more interested than others to talk to her and some maybe particularly late or reschedule and others will be right on the ball.

As for HR, there is often a final chat with the HR psych who has the assessment details and is interested in true motivation for coming to ADIA and Abu Dhabi.

The best advice is to relax, enjoy the process whilst there and be herself. She's not going to be setup to fail or be technically pounced on - visit stage is too far down the line for that.

Best of luck
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:12 am
ejy
Just Joined

Thank you AdamSayaf and hot_stepper for your feedback. Much appreciated! She will be a lot more relaxed now, as she has been frantically preparing for technical and behavioral interview questions over the last week, but this should provide a lot more comfort, that its more fit related.

Last edited by ejy; Apr 10th 2014 at 6:16 am.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

anyone else been through this assessment and know how long it takes to get the results ?average?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.