Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by hot_stepper
Thanks Al Dente, I know they have looked to streamline the process a little but understand things can still take a while - are you guys glad you made the move?
Very much. Especially as it's been easier for me to work here than at home due to childcare, no commute time compared to home etc. Miss friends and family but now have friends that we hold just as dear here.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

hot_stepper is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what we were thinking Al Dente - another quick Question - you said your hubby got an offer 3 weeks after your visit - how long did the background checks take and then the CID checks? I would love to get us out there before the new tax year in the uk :-)
Old Dec 17th 2012, 2:00 am
Just Joined

sam2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Can Someone suggest me how to get a job in ADIA. Is there recruitment agency which hire for them. I am ready to take any small role if I have given the opportunity. I have bachelor degree in commerce from Australia. I only see top experience people getting the job by head hunt. Only few I know personally getting job through recruitment agency. Will I be able to get any entry level or mid level position. I just need a job in a good company. Cheers
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
I know for a fact that they are hiring high level (Senior Management) IT people with specific knowledge/experience of banking and financial applications. If anyone needs any other info PM me.
Hi guys,

Can Someone suggest me how to get a job in ADIA. Is there recruitment agency which hire for them. I am ready to take any small role if I have given the opportunity. I have bachelor degree in commerce from Australia. I only see top experience people getting the job by head hunt. Only few I know personally getting job through recruitment agency. Will I be able to get any entry level or mid level position. I just need a job in a good company. Cheers
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam2012
Hi guys,

Sorry - I'm confused............ do you want to work for a 'good company' - or for ADIA???
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Work for Adia will be my first choice but I will be also happy to join other similar good company.

Last edited by sam2012; Dec 17th 2012 at 6:42 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

NY2Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sorry - I'm confused............ do you want to work for a 'good company' - or for ADIA???
ADIA not a good company? Seriously?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
Think it was in ME Business that they are worth $627bn, larger than the Swedish retirement fund or similar.
Was just reading that...
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
I know for a fact that they are hiring high level (Senior Management) IT people with specific knowledge/experience of banking and financial applications. If anyone needs any other info PM me.
I will pm you soon. Thanks
Old Dec 19th 2012, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kix
Think it was in ME Business that they are worth $627bn, larger than the Swedish retirement fund or similar.
http://www.swfinstitute.org/fund-rankings/

You mean the Norwegians?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean
Any tips
Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by al dente
It can take a while. My husband was offered a job 3 weeks after his visit and that was a month after his testing. From job offer to landing in AD took 4 months and that was with a 1 month notice period.
Hi can let me know what position? how did he get it?

Cheers
Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bigdecision
Anyone has any idea about the grade system in ADIA? Just got an offer from ADIA an have to think about future career prospect. How does the promotion work? Thanks, mate.
s

How did u get the job mate?? Can u give me some tips
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Nikhhil is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an assessment coming with PDI ninth house.

There would be one "Real world job simulation" activity as part of the assessment process.

Can someone please shed some light on this?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

hot_stepper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nikhhil
I have an assessment coming with PDI ninth house.

There would be one "Real world job simulation" activity as part of the assessment process.

Can someone please shed some light on this?
Once you are booked in they will email you some background info and a little bit of an explanation so you are not completely in the dark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.