Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

technolog's K1 visa journey

technolog's K1 visa journey

Old Dec 13th 2013, 6:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technolog's K1 visa journey

Originally Posted by technolog
I know it's very much a guess, but to the nearest month, when is the likely date of the medical and how do you arrive at that guess? You're not allowed to say you guessed
You set your own medical exam appointment, so it can be any date you want, after the I-129F is approved.

Rene
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You set your own medical exam appointment, so it can be any date you want, after the I-129F is approved.

Rene
...and I-129F approval is currently 5 to 7 months after filing? If so I should be aiming to have vaccinations & medical records sorted by the end of March in readiness for a medical which could be as early as April?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

...and I-129F approval is currently 5 to 7 months after filing? If so I should be aiming to have vaccinations & medical records sorted by the end of March in readiness for a medical which could be as early as April?
Sure...sounds as good as any other guess. You really can't begin to predict these things. You can go ahead and sort out your vaccinations anytime (even right now, they don't expire). Then whenever the I-129F is approved and you have your LND case number, get your medical done.

You also want to be careful not to get the medical done too far in advance of the time you'll actually be ready for the interview, because the K-1 visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date the medical was done. For example, once you have your LND number, make sure you have everything ELSE ready for the interview (all forms, photocopies, I-134, etc) in hand...then book your medical. When they receive the results of the medical, they will schedule a visa interview and let you know when that is.

Rene
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Sure...sounds as good as any other guess. You really can't begin to predict these things. You can go ahead and sort out your vaccinations anytime (even right now, they don't expire). Then whenever the I-129F is approved and you have your LND case number, get your medical done.

You also want to be careful not to get the medical done too far in advance of the time you'll actually be ready for the interview, because the K-1 visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date the medical was done. For example, once you have your LND number, make sure you have everything ELSE ready for the interview (all forms, photocopies, I-134, etc) in hand...then book your medical. When they receive the results of the medical, they will schedule a visa interview and let you know when that is.

Rene
Thanks Rene, that's very helpful.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:32 pm

Thanks Rene, that's very helpful.
I forgot to add that you will also be sending them the visa application which indicates you're ready for an interview.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

We posted our response to the RFE yesterday using The Post Office's Airsure Letter service.

It cost £7.28 for a 35g standard DL-ish sized envelope and should be there in 4 days. It's tracked and scanned on delivery but doesn't require a signature.

Hopefully it should be at the California Service Center before Christmas.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Forum member Th22ek9 made the following post in the 'K-1 Visa (I-129F through interview) - Timeline Only!' thread yesterday:

Originally Posted by Th22ek9
YES!!!!!!

On December 13 we mailed notice that your I-129f petition has been approved.

I've been checking 3 times a day on the Uscis website. Tonight at 10 pm I recieved this. Feels like I won the lottery! Keep at it people. With a lot of research I've found that CSC and TSC are approving in about 26 days, right on par with my timeline. This was even with a RFE.
If true (and I've no reason to believe it's not but you do tend to get a lot of conflicting information through this process!) it's really good news for our timeline and would mean that a July/August wedding should be easily do-able.

I've emailed them to see where they got the 'approving in 26 days' info from. Has there been a push by USCIS to improve processing times?

If we're lucky enough to see similarly speedy processing then we should have the petition approved in early January and we need to start looking at the next steps in the process sooner rather than later.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 12:14 pm

Forum member Th22ek9 made the following post in the 'K-1 Visa (I-129F through interview) - Timeline Only!' thread yesterday:

If true (and I've no reason to believe it's not but you do tend to get a lot of conflicting information through this process!) it's really good news for our timeline and would mean that a July/August wedding should be easily do-able.

I've emailed them to see where they got the 'approving in 26 days' info from. Has there been a push by USCIS to improve processing times?

If we're lucky enough to see similarly speedy processing then we should have the petition approved in early January and we need to start looking at the next steps in the process sooner rather than later.
Keep in mind that you had an RFE which throws any "typical" processing times out the window. But since you just responded to the RFE, it shouldn't be too much longer for your approval...maybe another month or so.

Rene
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:05 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please do report back if you hear anything! Just to clarify, I take it we're talking about the NOA2 here? 26 days?!
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Please do report back if you hear anything! Just to clarify, I take it we're talking about the NOA2 here? 26 days?!
That's my understanding, yes, I-129F petition approved - NoA2 - 26 days. We'll see...

Th22ek9 replied to my email giving me a link to some information on the Visa Journey website to substantiate the 26 days approval period. I'm under the impression that that site isn't held in the highest regard on here but if the mods say it's okay to post it, then I will.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:34 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's my understanding, yes, I-129F petition approved - NoA2 - 26 days. We'll see...

Th22ek9 replied to my email giving me a link to some information on the Visa Journey website to substantiate the 26 days approval period. I'm under the impression that that site isn't held in the highest regard on here but if the mods say it's okay to post it, then I will.
Wow, that would be amazing but I'm not counting on anything! I'm still going to plan on a 5-7 month wait, we don't even have the NOA1 yet!
Old Dec 16th 2013, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Th22ek9 replied to my email giving me a link to some information on the Visa Journey website to substantiate the 26 days approval period.
Regardless of the site, processing times are a minefield... because they result only in endless worry, frustration, and anxiety for those whose applications take longer. If I had the power, I'd delete every mention of processing time... because nothing good ever comes of them.

ian
Old Dec 16th 2013, 4:32 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The VJ web site has a wealth of misinformation along with the good, so be careful with the posts over there. But on the plus side it has a pretty good database of timelines for those who like to study timelines.

Regards, JEff
Old Dec 16th 2013, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I went to the doctors today and made an appointment for Jan 10th to get the first of two MMR vaccinations and a Revaxis vaccination which hopefully covers the Tetanus & Diphtheria requirement and throws in Polio at no extra charge Apparently I was vaccinated against Pertussis as a baby.

I also picked up a form to apply for access to my medical records. I won't be requesting them until my vaccinations have been carried out.

In addition I've emailed the local hospital to request my medical records from them too.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Received an email from USCIS this morning saying that my fiancée's I-129F petition had been approved. That's just 57 days from receipt of the petition at Lewisville,TX to approval from the California Service Center and that includes an RFE which added at least 19 days and probably more to the process.

It's time to start taking the next steps in the process. I'm off to have a look at the wikis etc. and I'm sure I'll be back shortly with further questions. So if everyone could cancel their plans for the weekend and stay by their PCs, pressing F5 constantly, it'd be appreciated .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.