Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

technolog's K1 visa journey

technolog's K1 visa journey

Old Mar 3rd 2014, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technolog's K1 visa journey

btw, I was done and out by 10.30am
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just filling in the I-134 affidavit of support with my fiancée as sponsor. I already have one that's (hopefully) more than acceptable with my future f-i-l as sponsor. However, a forum search revealed that, occasionally, interviewees are still asked for an I-134 completed by their fiancé(e)s. So it's unlikely to be needed and highly probable that it's a purely paper exercise.

Although, if a job's worth doing...

Question 2 says, 'I am ___ years of age and have resided in the United States since ___'. The problem is my fiancée hasn't lived in America since June 1996. Does this mean you have to be resident in the US to be an I-134 sponsor? If not what should I put?
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by technolog
Question 2 says, 'I am ___ years of age and have resided in the United States since ___'. The problem is my fiancée hasn't lived in America since June 1996. Does this mean you have to be resident in the US to be an I-134 sponsor? If not what should I put?
I've never seen this question come up for the I-134. For an I-864, the sponsor must be resident in the USA, yes. My guess is it's the same for an I-134. The London office usually allows a sponsor to provide "proof of intent to domicile in the USA". Not sure if that's required for an I-134 or not.

She could always leave that blank, and then by hand write "from birth to 1996. Intend to reside in the USA when fiance obtains K-1 visa".

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene. I'll probably put it on a separate, continuation sheet. As I alluded to, I'm not too worried, it seems unlikely to be an issue.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene. I'll probably put it on a separate, continuation sheet. As I alluded to, I'm not too worried, it seems unlikely to be an issue.
Yep, put "see attached" on the I-134, and add the blurb on a separate sheet.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2014, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just filling in the I-134 affidavit of support with my fiancée as sponsor.
The I-134 must have an original signature... so I hope you have time to send the stuff back and forth across the pond.

Ian
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The I-134 must have an original signature... so I hope you have time to send the stuff back and forth across the pond.

Ian
Should be okay, Ian. She's sat on the sofa next to me
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Should be okay, Ian. She's sat on the sofa next to me
Oh, um... well then - carry on!

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just set about organising my paperwork into my document wallet and I was going to staple the multi-page documents together as they're all currently single sheets. However, it occurred to me that if they need to photocopy anything it would be a bit of a pain, so would paper clips be better?

Standby for more ridiculously trivial questions later
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:00 pm

I've just set about organising my paperwork into my document wallet and I was going to staple the multi-page documents together as they're all currently single sheets. However, it occurred to me that if they need to photocopy anything it would be a bit of a pain, so would paper clips be better?
It's usually OK to staple multi-page documents together, like a 2 or 3-page form. Or, if you're concerened about it, use paper clips.

LOL

Rene
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Shezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond reputeShezi59 has a reputation beyond repute

When I was doing this a year and a half ago (I know, things change) - I asked the guy I spoke to at the embassy for his opinion. He said the admin staff prefer things not to be stapled together for photocopying so use paper clips. He did add that I wouldn't be rejected because I stapled things together!

However, I know many of us work on the basis that we don't want a pissed off official to be processing our application
Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks both.

Now, is stealing paper clips from work classed as a CIMT?
Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:45 pm

Thanks both.

Now, is stealing paper clips from work classed as a CIMT?
Probably if you are caught and arrested, yes! Theft is a CIMT as far as I know. I know you're kidding...but...

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2014, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

We attended the interview today and were approved!

Trip report here

Thanks to everyone that helped along the way, especially Ian & Rene. The time you guys take to help other people is incredible and very much appreciated
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 1:08 am

We attended the interview today and were approved!

Trip report here

Thanks to everyone that helped along the way, especially Ian & Rene. The time you guys take to help other people is incredible and very much appreciated
You're very welcome, it's great to see success stories.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.