Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

technolog's K1 visa journey

technolog's K1 visa journey

Old Mar 24th 2014, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technolog's K1 visa journey

My CEAC status changed to Administrative Processing. Both the Case Creation and Status Updated dates changed to today's date with the following message:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.
I've seen enough panicky updates to know that this is not abnormal and so long as the status changes to 'Issued' in the next two or three days, I'll remain unconcerned. However please feel free to add words of reassurance
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Stop with the words of reassurance already! Just practising my American there, it's coming on isn't it?

Status now 'Issued'

Will we get an email with tracking details at some point?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 10:24 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by technolog
Status now 'Issued'
Congratulations!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bit of a roller-coaster today.

Had a GasSafe registered engineer round to give us a certificate for the boiler for the purposes of our house sale. Unfortunately he forgot to read the script and instead condemned the boiler . £1,600 gone. At least we've got a couple of warm Labradors for heat

On the plus side, we got an email saying that my passport is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow

Also got a quote from Petair UK for moving the boys (Labradors) over which was a bit less than we'd thought - though not £1,600 less.

So all being well, we'll be booking flights and pet transport over the weekend. At the moment MANchester to CLEveland (via PHiLadelphia with a 4hr45m layover) for £570 each looks favourite.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Passport complete with K1 visa delivered before 8am this morning. At the time of booking the courier, I had to list my fiancée as someone who was allowed to sign for the delivery. However the courier handed over the package before asking for the recipient's name & signature, which tends to suggest that they're not really bothered who takes receipt of it.

So, wedding now set for July 5th, flights booked for 16th June along with train tickets to and hotel room at the departure airport.
Old Mar 30th 2014, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

So all being well, we'll be booking flights and pet transport over the weekend. At the moment MANchester to CLEveland (via PHiLadelphia with a 4hr45m layover) for £570 each looks favourite.
From another, unrelated thread:

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
The PHI POE does not have a reputation for niceness.
Wiiiiiiiiiii. Luckboxed it
Old May 8th 2014, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exchanged contracts on the house sale today with completion scheduled for Friday 13th June. The buyers have kindly agreed to us staying in the house for an extra night until we head off to the airport on the Saturday.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I had my last day at work on Friday. Tonight was the fourth of six farewell meals Tying up of loose ends is in progress.

We complete the house sale on Friday and leave for Manchester Airport on Saturday then fly on Monday to Cleveland via Philly POE.

Our two Labradors are picked up on Friday by Petair UK and will be taken to a vet near Manchester to get their paperwork sorted. They'll be in kennels over the weekend before flying on Monday on a different flight to us. They'll overnight in Newark and we pick them up the following morning in Cleveland.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 11:49 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Safe travels & happy landings! Wishing you all the best.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

So now I'm jobless, carless, homeless and, worst of all, dogless

The house sale completed on schedule today and the money is already in our account.

The dogs were collected this morning on behalf of PetAirUK by the kennels that will be housing them until their Monday flight. My lease car was also collected.

We've packed our bags and checked the weights are okay - It's been a busy day!

Tonight we're off to a smart Italian restaurant for our sixth of six farewell meals. This one is just a personal affair for the two of us.

Tomorrow we're off to Manchester Airport via Leicester Station. A very good friend from the area is joining us for a drink in the evening. Sunday will mainly be spent recovering before we depart these shores on Monday.

Exciting times indeed.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 2:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Exciting times indeed.
Best of luck to you! Safe travels.

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2014, 2:48 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

If I am reading correctly, your US Fiancee is with you for the journey? That is nice, and unusual.

May I be the first to welcome you to USA
Old Jun 19th 2014, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RICH
If I am reading correctly, your US Fiancee is with you for the journey? That is nice, and unusual.

May I be the first to welcome you to USA
Thanks! Yes, she was living with me in England for three years.

We landed in Philadelphia after an uneventful flight and I flew through immigration, I'm happy to report. I'd joined the visitors line which must have had about 300 people in front of me when my fiancée appeared and beckoned me to duck under the tape barriers and join her at the CBP officer's request. I coould feel 300 pairs of eyes burning into the back of my head!

I was asked nothing and just had to scan my right four fingers then he pointed us to the secondary inspection office where I handed over my passport and packet and waited for my grilling.

About half an hour later, the officer handed me my passport and said I had 90 days to get married - no questions, nothing! I wasn't expecting that

The dogs haven't been so fortunate. They were meant to fly on Monday too but the flight was cancelled. Then on Tuesday, there was a clerical error and due to a lack of paperwork, they weren't loaded. Next, unbelievably, Wednesday's flight was also cancelled after a delay of about 4 hours!

We've woken today to find they're in the air at last, en route for Newark and hopefully we'll be reunited tomorrow.

It's been a bit manic since we got here, not least because my fiancée's children are here on holiday. We have managed to get a bank account opened and we have US phones sorted too.

I'll try to update more fully and more often when things calm down - probably January

Thanks again for the help in getting me here.

Oh by the way, we were caught in the heaviest rainstorm I have ever seen in my entire life yesterday. I ran no more than three paces to the car and was soaked to the skin!
Old Jun 19th 2014, 12:45 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Well done! Sorry the doggies were delayed but at least they'll be there soon now

So when's the wedding then?!
Old Jun 19th 2014, 4:51 pm
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! Yes, she was living with me in England for three years.

We landed in Philadelphia after an uneventful flight and I flew through immigration, I'm happy to report. I'd joined the visitors line which must have had about 300 people in front of me when my fiancée appeared and beckoned me to duck under the tape barriers and join her at the CBP officer's request. I coould feel 300 pairs of eyes burning into the back of my head!

I was asked nothing and just had to scan my right four fingers then he pointed us to the secondary inspection office where I handed over my passport and packet and waited for my grilling.

About half an hour later, the officer handed me my passport and said I had 90 days to get married - no questions, nothing! I wasn't expecting that

The dogs haven't been so fortunate. They were meant to fly on Monday too but the flight was cancelled. Then on Tuesday, there was a clerical error and due to a lack of paperwork, they weren't loaded. Next, unbelievably, Wednesday's flight was also cancelled after a delay of about 4 hours!

We've woken today to find they're in the air at last, en route for Newark and hopefully we'll be reunited tomorrow.

It's been a bit manic since we got here, not least because my fiancée's children are here on holiday. We have managed to get a bank account opened and we have US phones sorted too.

I'll try to update more fully and more often when things calm down - probably January

Thanks again for the help in getting me here.

Oh by the way, we were caught in the heaviest rainstorm I have ever seen in my entire life yesterday. I ran no more than three paces to the car and was soaked to the skin!
Congratulations. One curious question on my part. What was you grilled about, by the officer at the airport? Even though you had your envelope and passport you still got grilled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.