Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by muz1986
Hey any K1's, is anybody awaiting their packet 3 from London? My fiance recieved a letter on 26th Sept to say that our case was now being sent to London. Does anyone know how long the next step takes??Thanks

Hi.

I got my NOA2 on the 23rd Sept. I'm still waiting for it to arrive at the NVC.

from the information I have gathered it can take as little as 2 days to get to London. As to how long the next step takes..... I don't have the answer. I'm hoping it will be only a month once it gets to London. Do you have everything ready for packet 3?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:42 pm
EJ3
Forum Regular

EJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeEJ3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gstring
Hi.

from the information I have gathered it can take as little as 2 days to get to London. As to how long the next step takes..... I don't have the answer. I'm hoping it will be only a month once it gets to London. Do you have everything ready for packet 3?
Hi gstring and muz ,

We had our NVC approval one week after our petition was approved. The letter from the NVC stated that our documents should be in London within a week. Hopefully having been in the hands of the embassy for more than a week I am waiting for Packet 3 to arrive sometime soon, fingers crossed!

It is one day at a time like always.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

alc72uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all K1ers!

As I've been waiting so long for the NOA2 to arrive, I've already prepared the forms required for the K1 which I downloaded from the US Embassy website.

Are these ok to send to the Embassy or do we have to fill in the forms we receive in Packet 3?

Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alc72uk
Hi all K1ers!

As I've been waiting so long for the NOA2 to arrive, I've already prepared the forms required for the K1 which I downloaded from the US Embassy website.

Are these ok to send to the Embassy or do we have to fill in the forms we receive in Packet 3?

Thanks
I think so. I have done the same. However, one of the forms is done online and you have to print it off - it has a barcode on it.

If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone here will put us right.

How long have you been waiting?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

alc72uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooh good, glad I'm not the only one! I also filled in the DS156 online and printed off a couple of copies.

I can't believe we finally received the approval! I've been waiting since April for all this to go through...hooray! I bet you're pleased too...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gstring
Hi.

Oh look at us eager K1ers!! I to have all my docs ready for packet 3!!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alc72uk
Ooh good, glad I'm not the only one! I also filled in the DS156 online and printed off a couple of copies.

I can't believe we finally received the approval! I've been waiting since April for all this to go through...hooray! I bet you're pleased too...
First - CONGRATULATIONS on your approval! I know it feels great!!

From what I understand you can't do one of the forms until you get notice from the embassy, as it has a unique number which you have to type into it.
Maybe someone will help us.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by muz1986
Oh look at us eager K1ers!! I to have all my docs ready for packet 3!!
Well it's because we have all waited so long! OH, and done our homework.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

quick questions,

attorny has sent off k1 petition on 15th Sept, ive emailed him today asking if he got the notification of receipt, how long does that normally take?

once they have the petition, what is the next step, how long does it take?

thankyou!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
quick questions,

attorny has sent off k1 petition on 15th Sept, ive emailed him today asking if he got the notification of receipt, how long does that normally take?

once they have the petition, what is the next step, how long does it take?

thankyou!
Please read at least this page of the thread; I see answers to your questions right here.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

no offence but ive read this entire thread, and im no better off.

theres terms being used i dont understand, someone should create a thread and list the numbers and names that are being thrown around so us new people know wth is being talked about.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

theres terms being used i dont understand...
With all due respect, it is not our job to do your research for you.

someone should create a thread and list the numbers and names that are being thrown around...
Google is your friend.

Ian
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Pepsi

I was in the same boat as you. I've done hours and hours reading posts on this forum - there are plenty. Start here.....http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1_London_Applications.

As a quick heads up ... I never used a lawyer, however, you you should have the NOA1 by now.

Last edited by gstring; Oct 9th 2008 at 12:22 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks gstring, thats a HUGE help!

I personally havent recieved the NOA1, but my lawyer emailed me back and said he got the Receipt from the USCIS dated the 18th September (and forgot to email and tell me). And from what im understanding thats the NOA1...

so is the NOA2 if they approve that?
and then the pakcet 3 followed by medical and interview.

again gstring thankyou for the link, very helpful

Ian...."if you havent got anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"

your reply was neither helpful nor friendly.

oh another thing, gstring i noticed there was only a few months between your NOA1 and 2, and same with alc72uk. my laywer said it takes 6 months. im hoping its not as long as that :s
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

no offence but ive read this entire thread, and im no better off.

theres terms being used i dont understand, someone should create a thread and list the numbers and names that are being thrown around so us new people know wth is being talked about.
OK, that is reasonable. You hadn't found the definitions yet. One approach might have been to ask: What do all these acronyms mean? Or, to search on the word 'acronym'. Your first clue also is that the thread is titled "K-1 Interviews". Maybe it wasn't the best place for your questions (tho the thread has drifted, as they often do).

You have walked into a big, long standing club of people who enjoy discussing immigration and passing along tips for what has worked in the past. In fact, the group has been collecting and compiling that kind of information since 1997 for its own entertainment and the benefit of thousands. Perhaps you thought this is some sort of free on-demand service provided by.. ?? Well, I can't imagine who you think is sitting on the other side of the screen.

When I first joined, I didn't know all these terms. In fact my first post was quite a muddle of questions from my misunderstandings. But since I was doing my own case, it was my responsibility to learn the lingo. I never felt it was the group responsibility to bring me along. In fact, that is known as 'spoon feeding' online in general and here specifically.

Now, I couldn't help but notice that the post immediately before yours has this in the signature:
NOA1 - 6th May 2008
NOA2 - 23rd Sept 2008 YIPEE!!!!!!!!

That tells me the answer to one of your questions; How long after filing to approval? About 4.5 months for that person.

Ian...."if you havent got anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"

your reply was neither helpful nor friendly.
It was, but you lack the wisdom yet to appreciate it. Pull your neck in and accept that there may have been a clue for you in that post.

oh another thing, gstring i noticed there was only a few months between your NOA1 and 2, and same with alc72uk. my laywer said it takes 6 months. im hoping its not as long as that :s
It's true it takes some time to pick up information like the above but as a head start: the posted processing times are the most conservative estimate. The posted processing times are "6 months" for most Service Centers for petitions. If you're unfamiliar with the posted processing times and how to obsess over your processing date, please go to uscis.gov and click on 'processing times' in the left menu.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.