Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 25th 2008, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I am a bag of nerves. I read recently on another forum...
Reading seems to be bad for your nerves. I respectfully suggest that you stop reading. If you don't, you will eventually convince yourself that the absolute worst will happen.

Ian
Old May 26th 2008, 2:25 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Reading seems to be bad for your nerves. I respectfully suggest that you stop reading. If you don't, you will eventually convince yourself that the absolute worst will happen.

Ian
I'm just trying to find out information . When I ask my attorney she says well what does the embassy website say or what does his letter say instead of trying to help. She also didn't know that we couldn't call for an appointment for his interview. She didn't even mention that we should take the approval notice.. In fact she had thought she hd mailed it out to me when she hadn't.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just trying to find out information . When I ask my attorney she says well what does the embassy website say or what does his letter say instead of trying to help. She also didn't know that we couldn't call for an appointment for his interview. She didn't even mention that we should take the approval notice.. In fact she had thought she hd mailed it out to me when she hadn't.
I understand you're nervous, and I can see why.

If there are no criminal or major medical issues, and there is adequate financial support, it should work out fine. If there is a paperwork issue, they will let you fix it. They're not trying to deny legitamate applicants.
Old May 26th 2008, 5:03 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I understand you're nervous, and I can see why.

If there are no criminal or major medical issues, and there is adequate financial support, it should work out fine. If there is a paperwork issue, they will let you fix it. They're not trying to deny legitamate applicants.
No criminal or medical issues.Mom is a co sponser.Thanks for your help again
Old May 26th 2008, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

No criminal or medical issues.Mom is a co sponser.Thanks for your help again
You're welcome.

It should be fine.

Let us know
Old May 27th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Interesting...I guess every case is different. I thought tax returns were required no matter what, at the K-1 interview.

Rene
If using sponsors income here is what is required:

To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attach two or more of the following items to the affidavit:

Notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;

A statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

A statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened, and the present balance;

Any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability to carry out his or her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be an indefinite period of time.
http://www.exit.com/~frank/Visa/of167.htm

Note the last option - "any other evidence," and the fact that only two of the options are required.

We used just my fiancees salary, and as mentioned previously we produced just pay stubs, a letter from employer and W2s as evidence.
Old May 28th 2008, 11:55 am

Hi If my fiancee is asked during his interview in London why he is moving to the states instead of me moving to Scotland what should he say? I am from a big city and I know I wouldn't be happy in a small town but I don't know if tht's a good answer! I'm also close to my mom and she had a bad divorce from my dad and I don't want to move too far away from her either.
Old May 28th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi If my fiancee is asked during his interview in London why he is moving to the states instead of me moving to Scotland what should he say? I am from a big city and I know I wouldn't be happy in a small town but I don't know if tht's a good answer! I'm also close to my mom and she had a bad divorce from my dad and I don't want to move too far away from her either.
Your fiance just needs to tell the truth. There is no right or wrong answer to that question. I was asked it and I told the CO that my fiance refuses to pay the UKs petrol prices and that he loves his guns too much.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:48 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Had my K1 interview in London yesterday if anyone has any specific questions...

It went fine. Was in the 9:30 group. Started queuing about 08:50, went through security, got my ticket and was seated in the waiting area by 09:15.

About 10:30 I was called up to window 13 ( ) where the guy asked for my ticket, passport, photo's, birth certificate and police reports. I gave him the originals and the photocopies he had. He did whatever he does and ticked the sheet I had. Next we did the fingerprinting. Then it was Affadavit of Support time so I handed over my fiance and my joint-sponsors details plus photocopies. He had a check through, asked if the good lady was still working for the company listed - all was fine. I was sent to window 12 to pay the fee at some point in all that. I was then given my chest x-ray and told to take it with me to the states. Lastly, was given a form to fill in for the passport courier and was told to go and wait again.

Had a sandwich and a coffee and was then called forward after about half an hour to a different window for the actual interview part.

This was an absolute doddle - no problem at all. Checked my fingerprints and spent less than 5 minutes checking my documents. Asked how we met, how many times i had been over there and how long the longest trip was. Asked if she had been over here. Double checked the list of countries I had visited (used an additional sheet) and then asked where in America we planned to live. The final question was why I was moving there as opposed to her here - answered that truthfully and was then told my visa had been approved subject to the fingerprints not showing up anything untoward. I paid for the courier and left ... spending the afternoon on the South Bank and National Museum and the evening and night boozing...

Got a text today saying passport will be delivered tommorrow.

A very successful trip

I was not asked for her birth cert, her divorce papers or any information that had been previously submitted. Copies of phone bills, ticket stubs, engagement party photo's all remained in my bag the whole time.

Months of preparation and double checking of forms etc paid off handsomely yesterday.
Old May 29th 2008, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by TKO
Had my K1 interview in London yesterday if anyone has any specific questions...

It went fine. Was in the 9:30 group. Started queuing about 08:50, went through security, got my ticket and was seated in the waiting area by 09:15.

About 10:30 I was called up to window 13 ( ) where the guy asked for my ticket, passport, photo's, birth certificate and police reports. I gave him the originals and the photocopies he had. He did whatever he does and ticked the sheet I had. Next we did the fingerprinting. Then it was Affadavit of Support time so I handed over my fiance and my joint-sponsors details plus photocopies. He had a check through, asked if the good lady was still working for the company listed - all was fine. I was sent to window 12 to pay the fee at some point in all that. I was then given my chest x-ray and told to take it with me to the states. Lastly, was given a form to fill in for the passport courier and was told to go and wait again.

Had a sandwich and a coffee and was then called forward after about half an hour to a different window for the actual interview part.

This was an absolute doddle - no problem at all. Checked my fingerprints and spent less than 5 minutes checking my documents. Asked how we met, how many times i had been over there and how long the longest trip was. Asked if she had been over here. Double checked the list of countries I had visited (used an additional sheet) and then asked where in America we planned to live. The final question was why I was moving there as opposed to her here - answered that truthfully and was then told my visa had been approved subject to the fingerprints not showing up anything untoward. I paid for the courier and left ... spending the afternoon on the South Bank and National Museum and the evening and night boozing...

Got a text today saying passport will be delivered tommorrow.

A very successful trip

I was not asked for her birth cert, her divorce papers or any information that had been previously submitted. Copies of phone bills, ticket stubs, engagement party photo's all remained in my bag the whole time.

Months of preparation and double checking of forms etc paid off handsomely yesterday.
Congratulations! That's great! Whenyou say the photocopies he had was that the info that was sent from your petition? Did they ask for doubles of everything? Did you have a photocopy of the affidavit ? I am very happy for you! I hope my fiancees interview nextweek goes as smooth.
Old May 29th 2008, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by English Muffin
Your fiance just needs to tell the truth. There is no right or wrong answer to that question. I was asked it and I told the CO that my fiance refuses to pay the UKs petrol prices and that he loves his guns too much.
My fiiancee wants to say tht he will give the US try and if that doesn't work we will try living in Scotland. I told him I didn't think that was a good answer. Ithink he should say that I want to stay in The US and he wants to move here to be with me and maybe mention about I'm close with my mom or something. Also I have stared a second job this week but it's obviously not on my affidavit. Is it worth mentioning?
Old May 29th 2008, 10:45 am
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Congratulations! That's great! Whenyou say the photocopies he had was that the info that was sent from your petition? Did they ask for doubles of everything? Did you have a photocopy of the affidavit ? I am very happy for you! I hope my fiancees interview nextweek goes as smooth.
The "he" should be "I" - I did correct that but it seems to have not go through.

should read:
"I gave him the originals and the photocopies I had..."

They looked at the originals but kept copies of birth cert, police cert etc.

Yes, I had photocopies of the Affidavit's of Support forms and all the accompanying evidence.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by TKO
The "he" should be "I" - I did correct that but it seems to have not go through.

should read:
"I gave him the originals and the photocopies I had..."

They looked at the originals but kept copies of birth cert, police cert etc.

Yes, I had photocopies of the Affidavit's of Support forms and all the accompanying evidence.
Were they photocopies or duplicates of the birth cert and police report? I know I'm asking alot of questions but I just wnt to be extra prepared!
Old May 29th 2008, 10:17 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

Were they photocopies or duplicates of the birth cert and police report? I know I'm asking alot of questions but I just wnt to be extra prepared!
My birth certificate is a certified copy as my parents were only given the short form one when I was born. This was common in 1977 apparently. You need the long form one, which lists your parents. I took this, and a photocopy of it.

Original police cert and a photocopy of it.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by TKO
My birth certificate is a certified copy as my parents were only given the short form one when I was born. This was common in 1977 apparently. You need the long form one, which lists your parents. I took this, and a photocopy of it.

Original police cert and a photocopy of it.
Thanks so much. Congratulations again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.