Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:54 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Originally Posted by TKO
All that worrying! Glad it went as smoothly as mine.

Trying not to feel hurt here - never did get that engagement party invite ..
Sorry! We were actually in Perth today! His mom and Aunt were shopping there . We could have had a pint! LOL
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:56 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Sorry! We were actually in Perth today! His mom and Aunt were shopping there . We could have had a pint! LOL
Bollocks, that would have been fun. Was in all day too, making my wedding invites.

Good luck with everything.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I like that music too but it was overkill! We requested lots of 80's music but he didn't have much. It was lots of fun though! But he started late and then started to finish early. I had a few drinks in me and let him have it :curse:! We had about 50 people there and my best friend came up from England and my mom flew in from New Jersey. We are just going to have a civil ceremony back in the states. Someone tried to teach me Scottish country dancing. It was caught on video tape. I must find the tape and burn it!!
Congratulations!

Your Scotsman must come from a similar area as mine - Keith's from sorta that area I think.

We did a bit of country dancing in my kitchen at our wedding - Gay Gordons is the easy one, there are some videos of how on the net
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Hi everyone! Our visa was approved!
my fiancee went to the embassy in London at9:30 for a 10:am appointment. He was given a ticket and told to sit and wait. After two more painful hours he was finally called to window 13 and met a sour English gentleman who asked for his police report and birth certificate and the duplicate copies. He looked through them and then he had to sign the forms that were sent in the I156 etc. that were the unsigned forms. He then asked for the I134 affidavit of support looked it over and then asked if he had any evidence of support. He handed over my big stack of papers. My fiancee asked if he needed my mom's joint sponsor affidavit and he said no. Then he asked how he would pay for the visa and then he was sent to the next window to pay the $131 for the visa. He paid and got a receipt and he went back to the same window and gave the man the receipt. Then he was told to go sit down for the next interview. He waited another hour and then was interviewed by a very nice American man . He had to swear that all the info in the documents were true . Then he had to sign another sheet and print my name. He was then asked how we met, how long he had been at his job, where we would live and whythe US and not the UK. He then said your visa is approved and he handed him his xrays and said make sure to keep them with his hand luggage.He asked if he was flying back to Scotland and he said no. We took a 6 hour train Journey back from London. The whole thing took 3 and a half hours. He also had to fill out papaer for the courier. They deliver the visa the next day. I spent the time pacing up and down Oxford Street! We stayed at Comfort INN Notting Hill. Perfect location. Bring a book for the long wait! We had our engagement party on Saturday. It was nice to have something to celebrate! Thanks to everyone for their advice and help! I will definately ask for help with our AOS. Also anyone who has questions please ask me!
Congratulation!!
I hope my interview will go smoothly like yours.
Have you a happy life in America.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:11 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again everyone! Back to New York tomorrow alone! Just glad the first part is over!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Any new recent K1 updates? I'm feeling all alone in K1 world here.

OK. I do have a few small questions too - Form DS-156

Q.18 Spouse's full name even if divorced or separated
-I'm unsure as to what to put here.

Q.22 When do intend to arrive in the USA?
-And here.

Q.26 How long do you intend to stayin the US?
-I know the answer, but it's the electronic form. Does it allow for you to type the answer or does it ask for a date?

Any input much appreciated.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gstring
Q.18 Spouse's full name even if divorced or separated
-I'm unsure as to what to put here.
N/A. You don't have a spouse.

Q.22 When do intend to arrive in the USA?
We put "ASAP"

Q.26 How long do you intend to stayin the US?
-I know the answer, but it's the electronic form. Does it allow for you to type the answer or does it ask for a date?
We put "Permanently"

Rene
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rene.

I'm divorced, that's why I wondered about Q18.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rene.

I'm divorced, that's why I wondered about Q18.
Understandable, but it's asking about your spouse, and you don't have one...yet... LOL
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Understandable, but it's asking about your spouse, and you don't have one...yet... LOL
Teehee! Thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Do I need the original NOA2 for my interview? Or would a copy be OK?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:32 pm

Do I need the original NOA2 for my interview? Or would a copy be OK?
You are supposed to bring originals of everything to the interview. We were never asked to show the NOA2 at ours (in Turkey).

Rene
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:38 pm

My fiancee brought the originals and a photocopys to his K1 in London. The didn't ask for the NOA but they did ask for his birth certificate and police report and kept copies of both.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey any K1's, is anybody awaiting their packet 3 from London? My fiance recieved a letter on 26th Sept to say that our case was now being sent to London. Does anyone know how long the next step takes??Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by muz1986
Hey any K1's, is anybody awaiting their packet 3 from London? My fiance recieved a letter on 26th Sept to say that our case was now being sent to London. Does anyone know how long the next step takes??Thanks
My fiancee got packet 3 from London about a week after we got the letter from the NVC saying his case was being sent there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.