Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Old May 31st 2008, 4:22 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London K-1 Recent 07/08 Interviews: Answer Here!

Hi everyone. When I go to Scotland on Monday is it ok to say I'm just on vacation or visiting friends? I was told that it won't be in the system when I go over that we are in the visa process since it is my fiancee coing to the US and not me moving over to the UK?Is that true? I am worried if they know I'm visiting my fiancee they will think I am staying even though I am not. I don't want to lie but I don't want not to be let in. I haven't been over there since the petition ewas approved. It's been 6 months since I was there.
Old May 31st 2008, 3:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Hi everyone. When I go to Scotland on Monday is it ok to say I'm just on vacation or visiting friends? I was told that it won't be in the system when I go over that we are in the visa process since it is my fiancee coing to the US and not me moving over to the UK?Is that true? I am worried if they know I'm visiting my fiancee they will think I am staying even though I am not. I don't want to lie but I don't want not to be let in. I haven't been over there since the petition ewas approved. It's been 6 months since I was there.
I would think if you say you are there to attend your fiance's K-1 visa interview at the US Embassy, it would be clear you aren't going to stay there.

Rene
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:07 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I would think if you say you are there to attend your fiance's K-1 visa interview at the US Embassy, it would be clear you aren't going to stay there.

Rene
i would hope so . I ususally say I am visiting friends since I hve been going to the UK to visit friends for years. I just don't want to stir upanything. I would be worried that they might say well if he doesn't get the visa do you plan on staying ? I notice since 911 they sk alot more questions at immigration than they used to
Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i would hope so . I ususally say I am visiting friends since I hve been going to the UK to visit friends for years. I just don't want to stir upanything. I would be worried that they might say well if he doesn't get the visa do you plan on staying ? I notice since 911 they sk alot more questions at immigration than they used to
If they ask "if he doesn't get the visa, are you planning on staying?" Your answer would be "no, I know that I dont' have permission to stay at this time.", wouldn't it?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:00 pm

If they ask "if he doesn't get the visa, are you planning on staying?" Your answer would be "no, I know that I dont' have permission to stay at this time.", wouldn't it?
True. But i woukd rather not even mention it.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:20 pm

Hi everyone! Our visa was approved!
my fiancee went to the embassy in London at9:30 for a 10:am appointment. He was given a ticket and told to sit and wait. After two more painful hours he was finally called to window 13 and met a sour English gentleman who asked for his police report and birth certificate and the duplicate copies. He looked through them and then he had to sign the forms that were sent in the I156 etc. that were the unsigned forms. He then asked for the I134 affidavit of support looked it over and then asked if he had any evidence of support. He handed over my big stack of papers. My fiancee asked if he needed my mom's joint sponsor affidavit and he said no. Then he asked how he would pay for the visa and then he was sent to the next window to pay the $131 for the visa. He paid and got a receipt and he went back to the same window and gave the man the receipt. Then he was told to go sit down for the next interview. He waited another hour and then was interviewed by a very nice American man . He had to swear that all the info in the documents were true . Then he had to sign another sheet and print my name. He was then asked how we met, how long he had been at his job, where we would live and whythe US and not the UK. He then said your visa is approved and he handed him his xrays and said make sure to keep them with his hand luggage.He asked if he was flying back to Scotland and he said no. We took a 6 hour train Journey back from London. The whole thing took 3 and a half hours. He also had to fill out papaer for the courier. They deliver the visa the next day. I spent the time pacing up and down Oxford Street! We stayed at Comfort INN Notting Hill. Perfect location. Bring a book for the long wait! We had our engagement party on Saturday. It was nice to have something to celebrate! Thanks to everyone for their advice and help! I will definately ask for help with our AOS. Also anyone who has questions please ask me!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:28 pm

Congratulations penguinbar! I'll bet you're very relieved right now! Will you be coming back to the USA together, and if so, when?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, penguibar!!! So glad to hear that everything went smoothly and that you had your engagement party on schedule and just the way you wanted!

Enjoy the rest of the visit and best wishes for your happy future together.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:21 pm

Congratulations penguinbar! I'll bet you're very relieved right now! Will you be coming back to the USA together, and if so, when?

Best Wishes,
Rene
I am very relieved! I am flying back alone on Wednesday. My fiancee is going to work a few months longer so we can save up some much needed money and he has to arrange renting out his house. I am also starting to work two jobs because we don't know how long it will take him to get one. Thanks agin for your help.!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congrats, penguibar!!! So glad to hear that everything went smoothly and that you had your engagement party on schedule and just the way you wanted!

Enjoy the rest of the visit and best wishes for your happy future together.
Thanks again! The party was great but we had the worst DJ ! So bad it was almost comical! He started out playing the Carpenters and BJ Thomas! Then it was the Osmonds and Partridge Family! I really appreciate everyone's help on here. I know that we have alot more paperwork to go through but I am so happy right now!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again! The party was great but we had the worst DJ ! So bad it was almost comical! He started out playing the Carpenters and BJ Thomas! Then it was the Osmonds and Partridge Family! I really appreciate everyone's help on here. I know that we have alot more paperwork to go through but I am so happy right now!
lol, I was going to ask before, but I think we need to have a full report on this party ASAP.. BJ Thomas?!?!? Carpenters?!?!? What IS the story behind all that???? (it reads like the DJ got into my childhood record collection!)
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
lol, I was going to ask before, but I think we need to have a full report on this party ASAP.. BJ Thomas?!?!? Carpenters?!?!? What IS the story behind all that???? (it reads like the DJ got into my childhood record collection!)
Mine too, I was gonna say...it sounded quite like a fun 70's party to me! I still like all that music, too!!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:46 pm

I like that music too but it was overkill! We requested lots of 80's music but he didn't have much. It was lots of fun though! But he started late and then started to finish early. I had a few drinks in me and let him have it :curse:! We had about 50 people there and my best friend came up from England and my mom flew in from New Jersey. We are just going to have a civil ceremony back in the states. Someone tried to teach me Scottish country dancing. It was caught on video tape. I must find the tape and burn it!!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:50 pm

off to search youtube...
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:51 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

All that worrying! Glad it went as smoothly as mine.

Trying not to feel hurt here - never did get that engagement party invite ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.