Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Wikiposts

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

AppleA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Originally Posted by milan79
Dear AppleA
I am glad your interview is over. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Like Ian said the IO was probably trying you, and see how you gonna act. 10-12 weeks is not a long time at all. My opinion is, either your security checks were not back, or he might have to his /her supervisor take a look and make a decision. Was your daughter in there with you? Did he ask her anything? Please tell us more LOL. Keep in touch. BTW, I made an infopass for May 5th to find out where the hell is my GC.

Ps: Maybe your ex did tell them that you married him for GC, oh well if he did that's very immature. But from what you are telling us I don't think he did. You said he was the one who didn't want to stay married anymore and was puting you out of the house. So why would he care you know what I mean.
I think he could do this. If he put me out of his house, I'm pretty sure now that he could go and say this.

Folinskyinla
Thank you for your post.

Last edited by AppleA; Apr 23rd 2009 at 3:35 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

I think that IO can't say the lies to see the reaction, because it's illegal. Is it right?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AppleA
Is it right?
No... the IO can ask whatever questions he wants, and yes... he can test you any way he wants. During any interview/interrogation, officers have quite a wide array of options open to them.

Ian
Old May 20th 2009, 2:43 am
Just Joined

durdu_lica is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so today I had an interview.

Had questions about my marriage, why I got divorced, why I want to stay in us and etc. Also IO told me that he actually came after the divorce and told that I married him because of the GC... ???? crazy, didn't expect that he will do this.
anyway, at the end, IO told that as I see you have more than enough evidence, I will process the information and we will inform you about our decision within 10-12 weeks.

So what do you think, is it a good sign or a bad sign?
10-12 weeks is a long wait, I though they tell you right away about the decision.
Hi,

Maybe you read my posts from before- I had a waiver interview 03/21 and they told me the same thing- that they will call some people in the affidavits (including my ex), and then make a decision within 90 days. My ex gave me a notarized statement about our marriage being valid- they called him about 3 weeks ago, but he didn't have his phone with him. So they never called back, didn't leave a number etc. Also, they didn't call anyone from the other nine letters submitted.

I am going for an InfoPass next week, as I will need a stamp soon.

I am not worried, I think you case is either on someone's desk or they're just trying to figure out what your ex meant...but I didn't really hear of denials either- except for that guy who had a Intent of Denial notice recently.

Take care!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

hello all
i have some news, but little confused.
since it's already 12 weeks and no answer, i did an infopass to see what's happening. When I went to the office, IO at the desk told me that it was approved almost the same day I had an interview, but he doesn't know why the card wasn't send yet. So he'll try to issue cards and send it asap. Good news, but he didn't give me anything in papers and didn't put any stamp or anything like that. So i'm not sure if I should be happy or wait until i get my card. I guess if it wasn't approved, he wouldn't say that, right?? or is it a mistake? or i just can't believe it?

Also, our lawyer contacted INS and they told that the case is still pending.

what do you guys think?? I'm confused.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:43 am
Just Joined

hello all
i have some news, but little confused.
since it's already 12 weeks and no answer, i did an infopass to see what's happening. When I went to the office, IO at the desk told me that it was approved almost the same day I had an interview, but he doesn't know why the card wasn't send yet. So he'll try to issue cards and send it asap. Good news, but he didn't give me anything in papers and didn't put any stamp or anything like that. So i'm not sure if I should be happy or wait until i get my card. I guess if it wasn't approved, he wouldn't say that, right?? or is it a mistake? or i just can't believe it?

Also, our lawyer contacted INS and they told that the case is still pending.

what do you guys think?? I'm confused.

I think you were approved, but the local center will send your file to the regional center, where they process the card. That is why the regional center does not know yet, that the case has been approved. Same thing happened to me- I was approved at the local center and then it took 6 more weeks to get the card, but in the meantime, it said 'pending'.

If you don't get it within 8 weeks or so, get another InfoPass appt. and get a stamp- either way, you should be fine.

Keep us posted!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:52 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like good news to me

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Last edited by Poppy girl; Jul 23rd 2009 at 1:55 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

That is great news for the weekend. Time to partake in some drunken revelry. Congrats.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lostlove
That is great news for the weekend. Time to partake in some drunken revelry. Congrats.

Hey LL,

Any news on your end?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durdu_lica
Hey LL,

Any news on your end?
The deranged Loch Ness monster still doesn't know what to do! And hopefully in all fairness, one day it gets some focus and spits out my approval.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lostlove
The deranged Loch Ness monster still doesn't know what to do! And hopefully in all fairness, one day it gets some focus and spits out my approval.
I am sure it has been shuffled somewhere around millions of applications...otherwise, you would have heard the bad news. Stay strong and don't give it one more thought!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

notkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nice

AppleA,

Any news? Did u get an approval letter or the card? If yes, then when? Just curious. Read this post and found no final answer here. Hopefully you may get an email update regarding this post and reply. Thank you.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by notkim
AppleA,

Any news? Did u get an approval letter or the card? If yes, then when? Just curious. Read this post and found no final answer here. Hopefully you may get an email update regarding this post and reply. Thank you.
Hey Guys!!!!!

Thank you all for your help and support. I'm sorry that I didn't reply, but now I can do this. I got my GC in mail within 4-5 weeks. This was a very difficult but rewarding experience.

I would like to thank you all again!