Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Wikiposts

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

AppleA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Ok, this is what I have for the evidence.

-Health Insurance (12 month agreement)
-Car insurance for my and my daughter's car on his policy
-Sport club membership with our names and the payments made to the club for 12 month.
-Pictures form the wedding in US, pictures with my relatives, a lot of daily pictures outside, with friends and etc.
-Car registration, documents from dealership with both our names.
-E-mails, conversations online and etc.

I think that's all. Do you think that is enough?

Also, will they ask my daughter any questions?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AppleA
Do you think that is enough?
Think "quality" not "quantity".

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear AppleA
I feel really sorry for what happened to you that prick will pay for it one day. That's all you have to tell the IO when he ask, what you just told me. Now, don't be giving up, there are nice guys out there for you. He still will be responsible for the affidavit of support LOL. Also I hope you didn't walk away without nothing. He should give you have of the house and money for what he did to you. Don't worry you will get approved. When is your interview? Are you British?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if they ask your daughter anything, they might about your marriage to your husband ( ex-husband).
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:03 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you married my ex hubby lol.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 23rd 2009 at 9:47 pm. Reason: Quote removed at OP's request
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:05 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Not sure if they ask your daughter anything, they might about your marriage to your husband ( ex-husband).
Are children aloud into the interview

Last edited by Poppy girl; Apr 22nd 2009 at 2:08 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

AppleA is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so today I had an interview.

Had questions about my marriage, why I got divorced, why I want to stay in us and etc. Also IO told me that he actually came after the divorce and told that I married him because of the GC... ???? crazy, didn't expect that he will do this.
anyway, at the end, IO told that as I see you have more than enough evidence, I will process the information and we will inform you about our decision within 10-12 weeks.

So what do you think, is it a good sign or a bad sign?
10-12 weeks is a long wait, I though they tell you right away about the decision.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Also IO told me that he actually came after the divorce and told that I married him because of the GC... ????
So, you were told that your ex-spouse contacted USCIS to say that you married him for the GC? I'm willing to bet that didn't actually happen, and that the IO was simply trying to judge your reaction.

I though they tell you right away about the decision.
Not with an I-751 waiver. They'll go through the information and make a determination about it. I don't think 10-12 weeks is overly long.

Ian
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Dear AppleA
I am glad your interview is over. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Like Ian said the IO was probably trying you, and see how you gonna act. 10-12 weeks is not a long time at all. My opinion is, either your security checks were not back, or he might have to his /her supervisor take a look and make a decision. Was your daughter in there with you? Did he ask her anything? Please tell us more LOL. Keep in touch. BTW, I made an infopass for May 5th to find out where the hell is my GC.

Ps: Maybe your ex did tell them that you married him for GC, oh well if he did that's very immature. But from what you are telling us I don't think he did. You said he was the one who didn't want to stay married anymore and was puting you out of the house. So why would he care you know what I mean.

Last edited by adjudicator89; Apr 23rd 2009 at 4:29 am. Reason: Adding
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:33 am

Dear AppleA
I am glad your interview is over. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Like Ian said the IO was probably trying you, and see how you gonna act. 10-12 weeks is not a long time at all. My opinion is, either your security checks were not back, or he might have to his /her supervisor take a look and make a decision. Was your daughter in there with you? Did he ask her anything? Please tell us more LOL. Keep in touch. BTW, I made an infopass for May 5th to find out where the hell is my GC.

Ps: Maybe your ex did tell them that you married him for GC, oh well if he did that's very immature. But from what you are telling us I don't think he did. You said he was the one who didn't want to stay married anymore and was puting you out of the house. So why would he care you know what I mean.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499365

10-12 weeks is a long time when you have your life on hold
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So, you were told that your ex-spouse contacted USCIS to say that you married him for the GC? I'm willing to bet that didn't actually happen, and that the IO was simply trying to judge your reaction.

Not with an I-751 waiver. They'll go through the information and make a determination about it. I don't think 10-12 weeks is overly long.

Ian
Yes, I agree IOs use strange questioning techniques to see how you react. But at the same time there could be a possibility that the spouse called in and an overzealous IO made a remark in the file. Not impossible.

AppleA do not worry, I see you getting approved. I have a waiver from hell still pending but I am positive and encourage you to be the same. And as Ian said 10-12 weeks wait is not long. I will be completing one year after my interview in June this year.

I hope the local office approves your file and remember you are a PR till the IJ says your not.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:48 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.

I was reading this forum for a while and it I got a lot of useful information, but now I have couple questions.

My I-751 waiver interview is coming very soon, so just wanted to get some advices and help on it.

Usually, what kind of questions do they ask?
Is it difficult to get through the interview?

I know that we need to bring evidence.
-We bought the car, I have the documents with both names.
-Health Insurance with his both names.
-A lot of pictures from the wedding and daily life
-Proof that I came to visit him 1 year prior to moving to US.

-we don't have any leases with both names, because we lived in his apartment nor shared bank accounts.

-I have the wedding ring, do you think I should bring it to the interview?

I'll think what else I have and will add information.

I'll really appreciate any help or suggestions. I know that on this forum we have so many kind people with a good experience in this.
Hi:

Questions usually asked: Your name and current address.

Other questions -- it depends. Officers vary. They may take a look at you, the case just feels right after seeing you and looking at the file and the officer may wonder why Service Center is wasting his time. Or you might get grilled. No way to tell in advance.

Is it difficult? The DAO asks questions and you answer them. Follow my three rules of 1)tell the truth, 2) understand the question asked and 3) answer only the question asked, nothing more. Rule #1 has corollaries of don't guess -- if you don't know or don't remember, say so. On Rule #2, if you don't understand the question, say so! It will be rephrased and repeated. Rule #3 is broken by everyone but if you are asked "Do you know what time it is?" the only two possible answers are "Yes" or "No." You were not asked to say what time it was.

Don't try and get into the officer's head -- it can't be done. You just follow the three rules. Even if you get the DAO from Hell, you will avoid shooting yourself in the foot. By the way, the DAO's from Hell are fairly rare but they are a lot more memorable.

Documentation -- bring what you have. OK, you lived in his apartment -- did you get a driver's license with that address? Good.

You will be a nervous wreck but that is normal. The DAO sees 20 nervous wrecks a day -- so it will not adversely affect the interview.

FOLLOW THE THREE RULES.

In case I am not clear, I recommend strongly that you follow the three rules I give above. By the way, I have repeated these rules to clients in front of the officer with an addition "They make his job easier."

Good luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Questions usually asked: Your name and current address.

Other questions -- it depends. Officers vary. They may take a look at you, the case just feels right after seeing you and looking at the file and the officer may wonder why Service Center is wasting his time. Or you might get grilled. No way to tell in advance.

Is it difficult? The DAO asks questions and you answer them. Follow my three rules of 1)tell the truth, 2) understand the question asked and 3) answer only the question asked, nothing more. Rule #1 has corollaries of don't guess -- if you don't know or don't remember, say so. On Rule #2, if you don't understand the question, say so! It will be rephrased and repeated. Rule #3 is broken by everyone but if you are asked "Do you know what time it is?" the only two possible answers are "Yes" or "No." You were not asked to say what time it was.

Don't try and get into the officer's head -- it can't be done. You just follow the three rules. Even if you get the DAO from Hell, you will avoid shooting yourself in the foot. By the way, the DAO's from Hell are fairly rare but they are a lot more memorable.

Documentation -- bring what you have. OK, you lived in his apartment -- did you get a driver's license with that address? Good.

You will be a nervous wreck but that is normal. The DAO sees 20 nervous wrecks a day -- so it will not adversely affect the interview.

FOLLOW THE THREE RULES.

In case I am not clear, I recommend strongly that you follow the three rules I give above. By the way, I have repeated these rules to clients in front of the officer with an addition "They make his job easier."

Good luck.
very nice post. Thank you Mr F
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostlove
very nice post. Thank you Mr F
Even if a bit after the fact...
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:16 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

m,

He might care because of the I-864.

Regards, JEff

.... So why would he care you know what I mean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.