Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Wikiposts

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

AppleA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Hello.

I was reading this forum for a while and it I got a lot of useful information, but now I have couple questions.

My I-751 waiver interview is coming very soon, so just wanted to get some advices and help on it.

Usually, what kind of questions do they ask?
Is it difficult to get through the interview?

I know that we need to bring evidence.
-We bought the car, I have the documents with both names.
-Health Insurance with his both names.
-A lot of pictures from the wedding and daily life
-Proof that I came to visit him 1 year prior to moving to US.

-we don't have any leases with both names, because we lived in his apartment nor shared bank accounts.

-I have the wedding ring, do you think I should bring it to the interview?

I'll think what else I have and will add information.

I'll really appreciate any help or suggestions. I know that on this forum we have so many kind people with a good experience in this.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Originally Posted by AppleA
Don't forget a copy of your wedding certificate and divorce decree... and originals of all docs you sent as evidence.

Good stuff!

Does this demonstrate anything with respect to the marriage?

No... it's irrelevant.

Ian
Old Apr 20th 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Don't forget a copy of your wedding certificate and divorce decree... and originals of all docs you sent as evidence.

Good stuff!

Does this demonstrate anything with respect to the marriage?

No... it's irrelevant.

Ian
Thank you Ian.

I have all the originals, will take it with me for the interview.

Do you think I have enough documents?

Our marriage lasted for almost 2 years, but we lived together only 1 year and then started the divorce.

Do they usually look for the total years of marriage or just the time spent together?

I also have the affidavit of support that we entered into marriage in a good faith from him.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Try to take all you can, utility bills in both names, credit card statements(joint), bank accounts, etc... My waiver interview was a breeze I must say but just because mine was that don't mean everyone else will be. Also you are stating at the beginning of your thread that it's your waiver interview but then you say WE have to bring .....Did you file a waiver or jointly?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:34 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

AA,

My I-751 waiver interview is coming very soon, so just wanted to get some advices and help on it.

It's case specific, the details of every situation are different.

Daily life is far more important than the wedding, concentrate on that. The wedding is a given, it's the 'why' that's at issue and daily life is an indicator.

So you came to visit him. Why? Perhaps to plan your little marriage charade so as to get yourself a US green card? My point is, it's the 'why' that you have to demonstrate. Select and present your 'whats' with the 'why' in mind. Don't just put together a whole bunch of 'whats' and leave it to the imagination of the interviewer to determine 'why'. They may determine something other than what you intended.

-we don't have any leases with both names, because we lived in his apartment nor shared bank accounts.
The details of each couple's situation are going to be different. Some people have joint leases, mortgages, or deeds, some do not. Concentrate on what you have that represents your situation.

Why? What is it that you intend to demonstrate to the interviewer with the ring?

Regards, JEff
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

AA,

How is the affidavit of support evidence of good faith? It's a requirement, there would be no immigration without it, he had no choice in the matter.

So, it may be evidence of his good faith, but how is it evidence of your good faith? It's your intentions that are the main issue.

Regards, JEff

I also have the affidavit of support that we entered into marriage in a good faith from him.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:11 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Try to take all you can, utility bills in both names, credit card statements(joint), bank accounts, etc... My waiver interview was a breeze I must say but just because mine was that don't mean everyone else will be. Also you are stating at the beginning of your thread that it's your waiver interview but then you say WE have to bring .....Did you file a waiver or jointly?
I agree with you Milan I thought the same "We" has been used a couple of times, maybe a typo or generalization!

No one can tell you what the questions will be as its up to the individual IO to decide what to ask, of course there are the usual requests for certain documents etc, but it really is up to the individual.

Milan and myself have both been in your position so we know how you are feeling, the only advice I can give you is speak clearly, be pleasant,well presented and above all TELL THE TRUTH do not embelish or try and be clever tell it as it is.

Most will tell you not to offer informaton which is correct as that may lead to another one lol, luckily in my case, Miss have a chat, did me no harm and I was a approved

Good luck and please let us know!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Hello.

I was reading this forum for a while and it I got a lot of useful information, but now I have couple questions.

I'll think what else I have and will add information.

I'll really appreciate any help or suggestions. I know that on this forum we have so many kind people with a good experience in this.
Welcome to BE! jeffryhy has said it all.

The kinds of questions, their difficulty, and the outcome depends on the IO and its done on a case by case basis. Every case is unique. Your evidence is good.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Lostlove. I am just gonna be honest, but to me her evidence is not enough. I would look for more. Showing ring doesn't really mean anything. Weeding pics yes maybe but I think they are really looking for joint bills etc.... Hey PoppyGirl long time no see :-) well said Poppy... yes every case is different. As I can remember he really didn't wanted to see much of my evidence as I was having a hard time to holding the pile of papers LOL he said he won't ask for anything as he can see I have a lot. I do have to make an infopass as I was approved on March 3rd this year but still have not received my GC :-(, but who cares LOL as long as I am approved. Best wishes and please let us know.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:47 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Lostlove. I am just gonna be honest, but to me her evidence is not enough. I would look for more. Showing ring doesn't really mean anything. Weeding pics yes maybe but I think they are really looking for joint bills etc.... Hey PoppyGirl long time no see :-) well said Poppy... yes every case is different. As I can remember he really didn't wanted to see much of my evidence as I was having a hard time to holding the pile of papers LOL he said he won't ask for anything as he can see I have a lot. I do have to make an infopass as I was approved on March 3rd this year but still have not received my GC :-(, but who cares LOL as long as I am approved. Best wishes and please let us know.
Hey Sweetie yes get an infopass I had to as well, the approval was still at the district office mine took 2 months to arrive.
Remember I got pulled into secondary at SFO because my file had not been updated and the passport stamp was not enough!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Milan:

Hi. I never commented on the sufficency of evidence. Like Ian, I feel that the OP has good stuff to begin with.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for a good replies.

jeffreyhy
Thanks, I see your point, it's not "what" we have, it's "why" what matters, right?

When I used "we" , I meant me and my daughter. We came together here and since we got divorced, she is coming with me for the interview.

I'll say the truth, because there is nothing for me to hide. I'm just very stressed about this interview and don't know how to tell IO about everything what happened. It's kind of complicated.

Do they care or ask what happened in relationships and why we got divorced?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for a good replies.

jeffreyhy
Thanks, I see your point, it's not "what" we have, it's "why" what matters, right?

When I used "we" , I meant me and my daughter. We came together here and since we got divorced, she is coming with me for the interview.

I'll say the truth, because there is nothing for me to hide. I'm just very stressed about this interview and don't know how to tell IO about everything what happened. It's kind of complicated.

Do they care or ask what happened in relationships and why we got divorced?
Yes, they sometimes ask what happened, why you got divorced, what were the circumstances surrounding the divorce. Just be completely honest with the officer.

And yes, it matters "what" you have, as you have to show some material proof of your good faith marriage.

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:47 am
Just Joined

We just don't have joint bills and bank accounts. He put the money that I had to his bank account at the beginning, because i didn't have SS to open a bank account at first.
I have a checks that I wrote him for the car insurance. I was buying all the groceries and that kind of stuff, cooking, and etc. As I mentioned, I have a lot of pictures together. We were flying to other states together, but again I don't have the tickets to proof that, because he was buying it.

It's just so difficult to show everything, because most of the stuff I did is not backed up by papers.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:50 am
Just Joined

I didn't even think that I need to collect all the copies of everything, because I didn't expect to end up like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.