Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Wikiposts

i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-751 Waiver Interview is coming very soon. Please Help...

Originally Posted by AppleA
I didn't even think that I need to collect all the copies of everything, because I didn't expect to end up like this.
Don't stress out too much. Since no one expects things to end up like this, many people have only limited documentation. You have what you have... and if the officer wants something more, he'll tell you and give you time to get it.

Ian
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for a good replies.

jeffreyhy
Thanks, I see your point, it's not "what" we have, it's "why" what matters, right?

When I used "we" , I meant me and my daughter. We came together here and since we got divorced, she is coming with me for the interview.

I'll say the truth, because there is nothing for me to hide. I'm just very stressed about this interview and don't know how to tell IO about everything what happened. It's kind of complicated.

Do they care or ask what happened in relationships and why we got divorced?
You have to be very honest and calm the whole interview however complicated your situation had been. Expect all types of questions surrounding your dating, marriage and divorce.
When did you get your conditional green card and at what time you filed a waiver?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Don't stress out too much. Since no one expects things to end up like this, many people have only limited documentation. You have what you have... and if the officer wants something more, he'll tell you and give you time to get it.

Ian
I agree with Ian. Be calm dont stress. If the CIS or the IO needs further documentation you would have been asked for it by now thru a RFE, or the IO will ask you at the interview.

About the Whats and the Whys: I think they are equally important. At my waiver interview the IO was not much bothered about the Whats--evidence which I had filed and had originals at the interview. He was more concerned about the Whys -- The reasons for a short marriage and why my USC Ex wife complaint etc.

Last edited by lostlove; Apr 21st 2009 at 7:08 am.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:09 am
Just Joined

AppleA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lostlove
You have to be very honest and calm the whole interview however complicated your situation had been. Expect all types of questions surrounding your dating, marriage and divorce.
When did you get your conditional green card and at what time you filed a waiver?
We got CGR in June 2007 and I applied for the waiver in January 2009.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

We got CGR in June 2007 and I applied for the waiver in January 2009.
When did you get married and then divorced?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lostlove
When did you get married and then divorced?
Got married by the end of 06 and got divorced by the end of 08. Pretty much 2 years, not counting couple days.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Got married by the end of 06 and got divorced by the end of 08. Pretty much 2 years, not counting couple days.
will it affect anything?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:16 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

AA,

It's both. What I was trying to say is that some things do not make the point you need to make (they don't serve your purpose), some things if not properly presented can potentially be interpreted to show just the opposite (they can harm rather than help if you're not careful).

So don't just assemble a bunch of things, assemble things that have meaning for your particular situation and look at them from all points of view to be sure that you don't introduce ambiguities that could work against you.

Regards, JEff

Thank you all for a good replies.

jeffreyhy
Thanks, I see your point, it's not "what" we have, it's "why" what matters, right?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
AA,

It's both. What I was trying to say is that some things do not make the point you need to make (they don't serve your purpose), some things if not properly presented can potentially be interpreted to show just the opposite (they can harm rather than help if you're not careful).

So don't just assemble a bunch of things, assemble things that have meaning for your particular situation and look at them from all points of view to be sure that you don't introduce ambiguities that could work against you.

Regards, JEff
That's what scares me.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear AppleA
Don't be scared sweetie, I know it's easy to say, but I know how you feel I went thru the same thing like you , but seriously don't stress it. At my interview the IO did asked me why our marriage didn't work or to be more specific why did we get divorce. I think that's what IO officers ask most of the waiver cases just be honest and answer only what he or she ask don'r offer any additional info unless the IO ask you for more. I think my waiver interview is on here so you can read that thread how it went with me. Do you have an attorney? My attorney and the IO knew each other so most of my interview was more like IO and my attorney chatting together LOL. You won't believe how I felt as soon as I the IO said : I am approving your case. I was so relieved. Like I said in my post it took almost 20 months for mine to get approved , reason why, because my file was sent to the storage by accident and just sit there . When I went for my infopass to get new stamp back in February the officer found out that my file was never approved or denied so she ordered the file and within 2 weeks after that Iwas called for my interview. Thanks to Poppygirl LOL she was pushing me to make infopass otherwise I would be probably still waiting . Thank you Poppy again:-) . Anyway AppleA I am hoping that everything will go very smoothly for you . If you have any questions just ask. And please let us know asap after your interview.

Poppy what you mean you waited 2 months after your interview? You mean it took 2 months for your green card to arrive? Thanks again. Hope to hear from you soon. :-)

Last edited by adjudicator89; Apr 21st 2009 at 3:25 pm. Reason: corrections
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by milan79
Dear AppleA
Don't be scared sweetie, I know it's easy to say cause I know how you feel I went thru the same thing like you , but seriously don't stress it. At my interview the IO did asked me why our marriage didn't work or to be more specific why did we get divorce. I think that's what IO officers ask most of the waiver cases just be honest and answer only what he or she ask don'r offer any additional info unless the IO ask you for more. I think my waiver interview is on here so you can read that thread how it went with me. Do you have an attorney? My attorney and the IO knew each other so most of my interview was more like IO and my attorney chatting together LOL. You won't believe how I felt as soon as I the IO said : I am approving your case. I was so relieved. Like I said in my post it took almost 20 months for mine to get approved , reason why, because my file was sent to the storage by accident and just sit there . When I went for my infopass to get new stamp back in February the officer found out that my file was never approved or denied so she ordered the file and within 2 weeks after that Iwas called for my interview. Thanks to Poppygirl LOL she was pushing me to make infopass otherwise I would be probably still waiting . Thank you Poppy again:-) . Anyway AppleA I am hoping that everything will go very smoothly for you . If you have any questions just ask. And please let us know asap after your interview.

Poppy what you mean you waited 2 months after your interview? You mean it took 2 months for your green card to arrive? Thanks again. Hope to hear from you soon. :-)
Thank you, Milan79.

I'll read your post.
What did you answer, when they asked about the marriage?
If I just say that the relationships didn't work out, will it be enough or I need to go and tell them everything.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello AppleA
Here is my thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595248
He did asked me what happened , why did we get divorce. I said we have a lots of differences, arguments, jealousy, etc.. He never really asked for more details. Tell the IO only if ask for more details. I am not trying to be in your business but what was the reason for your divorce AppleA? You will be fine :-). When is your interview?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:26 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Dear AppleA
Don't be scared sweetie, I know it's easy to say, but I know how you feel I went thru the same thing like you , but seriously don't stress it. At my interview the IO did asked me why our marriage didn't work or to be more specific why did we get divorce. I think that's what IO officers ask most of the waiver cases just be honest and answer only what he or she ask don'r offer any additional info unless the IO ask you for more. I think my waiver interview is on here so you can read that thread how it went with me. Do you have an attorney? My attorney and the IO knew each other so most of my interview was more like IO and my attorney chatting together LOL. You won't believe how I felt as soon as I the IO said : I am approving your case. I was so relieved. Like I said in my post it took almost 20 months for mine to get approved , reason why, because my file was sent to the storage by accident and just sit there . When I went for my infopass to get new stamp back in February the officer found out that my file was never approved or denied so she ordered the file and within 2 weeks after that Iwas called for my interview. Thanks to Poppygirl LOL she was pushing me to make infopass otherwise I would be probably still waiting . Thank you Poppy again:-) . Anyway AppleA I am hoping that everything will go very smoothly for you . If you have any questions just ask. And please let us know asap after your interview.

Thank you for the kind words and yes it took 2 months to get my card and then it was spelt wrong lol.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:30 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Milan79.

I'll read your post.
What did you answer, when they asked about the marriage?
If I just say that the relationships didn't work out, will it be enough or I need to go and tell them everything.
Please don't think I am trying to be a smart ass but the answer you are thinking of giving the IO is obvious or why would you be there and filed a waiver, tell the truth it won't go any further then the interview room if its really personal.
No not everything just the basic's they will get the picture,the IO's are human they do have feelings.

If it makes you feel any better I started to cry at my interview it was all to much and memories came flooding back.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Awww Poppy, promise no more crying!No man is worth the tears you cry, and the one who is will never make you cry PoppyGirl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.