Wikiposts

I-751 NSC Timeline

Old Oct 7th 2007, 3:07 pm
h2h
Just Joined

h2h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 NSC Timeline

But I believe that my NOA is extending my expired Green Card for a year for employment and travel purposes while my case is pending. Is it true that my status will stay the same as long as my I-751 is not formally denied by the uscis?

Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:25 am
Just Joined

SeanHHHH is an unknown quantity at this point

You should make an InfoPass appointment and speak to an officer there - they have much better access to all the info on your case than the 1800 people.

Mistakes happen and your case could be lost or who knows what.

In my case my I-751 was only adjudicated after an InfoPass appointment showed that instead of being forwarded to NSC it was sent to NRC ( National Records Section ) and would have just sat there til hell froze over. !

After the Officer tracked it down on her computer she said she would have it sent to her and would approve it immediately if it was in order - it was and she did.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:00 am
h2h
Just Joined

h2h is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sean,

My case status right now shows that my I-751 is now processed at the NSC. Did it happened to your case when you checked your status online too? I think I'll make an appointment via the InfoPass.

Thanks
h2h
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2h
Is it true that my status will stay the same as long as my I-751 is not formally denied by the uscis?
Yes... your status will *not* change. However, after November 8, you will no longer have *proof* of that status unless you get an I-551 stamp in your passport or your GC shows up in your mailbox. Trying to convince a new employer that you are authorized to work may be difficult in the meantime.

Ian
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

devilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to all

Hi everyone, I have posted a few times in this thread about not receiving the NOA for receipt of the I-751 (since April) well a notice finally arrived today after we have already had to reschedule the biometrics twice due to not having a valid ID. Anyway the NOA we received does not specifically say that my husbands green card is extended for a year. Should it? Or do places like the DMV accept this notice? It's a I-797C.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by devilishgrin
Anyway the NOA we received does not specifically say that my husbands green card is extended for a year.
What *does* it say?

I would be getting down to my local for a passport stamp, but that's me.

Have you sorted the ID issue out?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

devilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to alldevilishgrin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
What *does* it say?

I would be getting down to my local for a passport stamp, but that's me.

Have you sorted the ID issue out?
It basically says that they have received the petition and will contact us when the decision is made and that we are required to follow all instructions on other notices we receive. What it doesn't say is that they have granted the one year extension.

We can't get the passport stamped because it has since expired. A renewal is in the works but it takes at least 8 weeks and we held out a little longer in hopes that this notice would be the correct one since the guy I spoke to on the info line seemed to finally understand what we were requesting. How sadly mistaken we were once again
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by devilishgrin
It basically says that they have received the petition and will contact us when the decision is made and that we are required to follow all instructions on other notices we receive. What it doesn't say is that they have granted the one year extension.

We can't get the passport stamped because it has since expired. A renewal is in the works but it takes at least 8 weeks and we held out a little longer in hopes that this notice would be the correct one since the guy I spoke to on the info line seemed to finally understand what we were requesting. How sadly mistaken we were once again
oh, deja vu.

They can stamp an I-94 card; have you actually gone anywhere in person? Do you *know* that they won't do biometrics because of his expired passport?
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
oh, deja vu.

They can stamp an I-94 card; have you actually gone anywhere in person? Do you *know* that they won't do biometrics because of his expired passport?
Yes, we have both been to the service center. He wasn't able to get into the building and I got nowhere. The guy behind the counter just told me to have him come back with his passport and they would stamp it. However... well as I said the passport is expired.

So you're saying even if we do get the license renewed he still needs his passport to be valid for a biometrics appointment? We're still waiting for the renewal and have already rescheduled the biometrics twice.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:11 am

devilshgrin, would you please start a new thread about your issue?
Include your timeline, which offices you've been to/where (ie, biometrics and Diestirct Office are somethimes different places) and describe the notices you have received and what you've done about them. At one point, your posts got confused with someone else's.
A stand alone thread will get more eyes and ideas.
Please recap the objections you've received from these offices. It's hard for me to understand that your husband can't get into an office and can't get an I-551 stamp.

I know you said you have tried these things once before, but it might be time for some persistance.
I have never heard of a Notice of Receipt that does not have the extention language in it.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

nguyenvoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted in the I-751 before 2007 thread before finding this one, so I thought I would enter it here too.

Sent in I-751 feb/2007
notice and extension on 2/23/2007
biometrics 4/5/2007
it is now Jan/2008 and still waiting

Uscis website show that they are working on 2/09/2007 papers.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:24 am
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Update:

I have called in Customer Service today. They told me my case is not behind their dates yet - filed on Jan 16, 2007; the web site shows Feb 9, 2007.

I was told to "buzz off" and do not bother Customer Service till my reciept day will pass the date on the web site of February 17, 2007. Also, I had a reply that yes, I can file for N-400 and yes it will take months to be approved for citizenship.

A year-period extention of conditional residency is over at the date of GC expiration, which is a relief to know that not at the date of recieving of the letter of extention. Therefore, I have another 3 months free of worries.

InfoPass is the way to get a stamp (I guess everybody already knows about it). But InfoPass schedule is already booked for January, so I see it is not help to me as my semester begins and I have no time to come to the office.

BTW, does anybody knows if I can come to the office without InfoPass with hope that somebody missed their appointment and they will let me in? I noticed a couple years ago at the time of my last visit to immigration office that some people without InfoPass were getting in

Last edited by OlenkaKyiv; Jan 8th 2008 at 5:28 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:23 am
Just Joined

dabull is an unknown quantity at this point

Are they for real for is it just a mistake?:curse: I noticed the processing time for i-751 NSC is now July 5th 2006 , last month it was Feb10, 2007. What is going on? Anyways I will be filing N-400 in 3 weeks
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:04 am
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dabull
Are they for real for is it just a mistake?:curse: I noticed the processing time for i-751 NSC is now July 5th 2006 , last month it was Feb10, 2007. What is going on? Anyways I will be filing N-400 in 3 weeks
I think this is a mistake on their side. But hey, now I can call on Monday and tell them that my case is outside of their processing time. It might be a good thing. I might file a request or report, or whatever they file there.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OlenkaKyiv
I think this is a mistake on their side.
It is not a mistake. It seems that you do not understand what the dates actually mean.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.