Wikiposts

I-751 NSC Timeline

Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

AAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-751 NSC Timeline

Special Ed... I think u and Dabull are looking at one week, or max two .. and u will have ur approval email...

Best of Luck.

PS: I got my approval 10 days from the transfer to CSC email.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:57 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by special ed
Cheers! Sounds promising so I've got my fingers crossed!
I just got my letter confirming the transfer a mere 3 weeks after i got the email!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:35 am

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AAZZ
Special Ed... I think u and Dabull are looking at one week, or max two .. and u will have ur approval email...

Best of Luck.

PS: I got my approval 10 days from the transfer to CSC email.
Great! Thanks.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:45 am

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Just checked case status online

On April 12, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you
woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

dabull is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by dabull
Congrats!
Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

AAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Received the physical card within a week of "card production ordered" email...
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:10 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

My husband's 10-year PR card arrived in the mail yesterday! We haven't received the actual approval notice yet (online status says it was mailed on the same day we received the card). Fine by us!

For anyone who may be interested, our Removal of Conditions timeline:

Mar 27 07 Mailed I-751 Petition to NSC
Mar 29 07 Petition received
Mar 30 07 Notice date
Apr 11 07 Received I-797 receipt notice/one-year extension in mail
Apr 12 07 Received biometrics appointment letter
Apr 23 07 Biometrics done at Milwaukee District Office
Mar 29 08 Case transferred to CSC
Apr 17 08 Case approved – conditions removed
Apr 21 08 Approval notice mailed
Apr 21 08 Received 10-year PR card – expires 2018

U.S. Citizenship next? Not yet, perhaps down the road.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:07 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs.jar2b

Congratulations!

There are a couple of good articles in the wiki about the citizenship topic (look under naturalization & dual citizenship too).
People often have a misunderstanding about what is involved that keeps them from pursuing US citizenship.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:25 am
Just Joined

dtown is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband's 10-year PR card arrived in the mail yesterday! We haven't received the actual approval notice yet (online status says it was mailed on the same day we received the card). Fine by us!

For anyone who may be interested, our Removal of Conditions timeline:

Mar 27 07 Mailed I-751 Petition to NSC
Mar 29 07 Petition received
Mar 30 07 Notice date
Apr 11 07 Received I-797 receipt notice/one-year extension in mail
Apr 12 07 Received biometrics appointment letter
Apr 23 07 Biometrics done at Milwaukee District Office
Mar 29 08 Case transferred to CSC
Apr 17 08 Case approved – conditions removed
Apr 21 08 Approval notice mailed
Apr 21 08 Received 10-year PR card – expires 2018

That's great news! Did you keep checking the status online and if so, was it updated to state the progress of your case? I check everyday and mine has not changed since the transfer update. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtown
Did you keep checking the status online and if so, was it updated to state the progress of your case?
I don't mean to sound cynical (much)... but what possible difference would it make? It took as long as it took, and keeping track of online status and processing dates is the first step on the road to madness. The second step is actually believing those dates bear any resemblance to reality.

Ian
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

dtown is an unknown quantity at this point

It means a lot to those of us waiting over a year, we have no other recourse and the outcome is very important. Not knowing is a horrible feeling. TY for your reply.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't mean to sound cynical (much)... but what possible difference would it make? It took as long as it took, and keeping track of online status and processing dates is the first step on the road to madness. The second step is actually believing those dates bear any resemblance to reality.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtown
It means a lot to those of us waiting over a year, we have no other recourse and the outcome is very important.
The I-751 is one of the *lowest* priority applications since your status does *not* change at all during the process. You were a PR when you applied, you're a PR while it's processed, and you'll be a PR after it's approved. Nothing changes.

There are many of us who went through the immigration process when there was *no* online access to processing information... we survived just fine not knowing! We got on with our lives; we did not let our lives revolve around USCIS and the uncertainty of things. Being worried and frustrated will *not* speed up the process for you, and is quite possibly detrimental to your health.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:26 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Dtown, no, I really didn't do much online checking of our case status ... up until the month of March. My husband was accepting a new job offer at the end of March and I knew his extension letter was due to "expire" at the end of April so I would check our status maybe once a week, to get an idea if we needed to make an InfoPass appointment to get a stamp in his passport. I wanted to be sure he would have current, written proof of his status when it came time for him to fill out his I-9 form. (Of course if we would have updated his SS card to have the DHS work authorization required legend removed after he became a CPR, this would have been a non-issue, but I digress.)

We did wind up setting up an InfoPass appt. but a few days later, after randomly checking our online status again, I discovered they transferred our case to CSC. Appointment was cancelled and we "waited" it out, which didn't take much waiting, as CSC was fast as lightning and he had his 10-year PR card in his hands barely two weeks later. And to answer your specific question, yes, they did update our status online to mention that an approval notice was sent (although we haven't received it quite yet) but we received the actual card before I saw the status online so I'm not sure how soon they changed it.

I dunno, checking online status doesn't do a darn thing to change the course of the process as Ian mentioned, but if moving a mouse and clicking a few buttons gives you the feeling of having even a small bit of control over the wait, well, then, why not. After seeing the same message each week or so in March, or whenever I randomly checked before, I will say that seeing our case updated to "transferred to CSC" certainly made that Friday even better. So check away! One day you *will* be surprised. Either that, or your 10-card will just show up in the mail and catch you completely off-guard like it did us. Best of luck and keep us updated.

meauxna, thank you for the congratulations! I had poked around a bit in the wiki before about citizenship. Honestly, my hubby and I haven't talked about it much, but part of his hesitancy seems to be with him being uncomfortable with the oath denouncing his British nationality. We know that Britain will continue to consider him British and he will still be British in the fact that he was born and lived there for most of his life. As much as he loves America and living here he still likes "being British". Our main goal was to live under the same roof in the same country and that's where we are with him being a PR. I know citizenship would give us more freedom if we wanted to live abroad for a while but we don't see that in the near future.

But if it were me and I could get myself a British passport as well as my US one, I'd be all over it!

Ian, I read your dog posts on your blog yesterday. Thank you for sharing your experiences ... they were great to read. I know where you are coming from. We share our lives with two rescue beagles and they mean the world to us. They, too, are our "kids" (or, IMHO, better than kids! ).

Wow, that's a long post I just wrote!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

meauxna, thank you for the congratulations! I had poked around a bit in the wiki before about citizenship. Honestly, my hubby and I haven't talked about it much, but part of his hesitancy seems to be with him being uncomfortable with the oath denouncing his British nationality. We know that Britain will continue to consider him British and he will still be British in the fact that he was born and lived there for most of his life. As much as he loves America and living here he still likes "being British". Our main goal was to live under the same roof in the same country and that's where we are with him being a PR. I know citizenship would give us more freedom if we wanted to live abroad for a while but we don't see that in the near future.

But if it were me and I could get myself a British passport as well as my US one, I'd be all over it!
MissusB, I understand now.
It might be worth having MisterB read some of the threads from the dual Brit/US folk on the board (most found in the USA forum) and to reveiw the actual oath. He doesn't denounce his British nationality, but he does promise that they aren't his Number One anymore (FWIW).

Here's the oath; check below for a nice summary from MrF.

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;
that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;
that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;
that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and
that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

----------------------

Part of the US process is a solemn oath that he tells Liz to go to hell. However, Liz says you cannot tell ME to go to hell, it is MY perogative to you to go to hell.

I hear ya on the UK passport.. I'd be there next to you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.