Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old May 17th 2011, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by britishspouse
You may even race past us, as it seems hubbys 2010 tax transcript hasnt been sent off for yet, so thats going to delay us at least a week probably :P
How did you know which site to book your medical or does it not matter?
Old May 17th 2011, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfy
How did you know which site to book your medical or does it not matter?
There is a link on USCIS to the knightsbridge doctors, but I just googled them and called them up with my Case Number to book it.

When I called they said they had nothing till start of june, and i wanted the 6th anyway so worked out well lol
Old May 17th 2011, 3:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

There is? On USCIS?

Regards, JEff

There is a link on USCIS to the knightsbridge doctors,
Old May 17th 2011, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

There is a link on USCIS to the knightsbridge doctors, but I just googled them and called them up with my Case Number to book it.

When I called they said they had nothing till start of june, and i wanted the 6th anyway so worked out well lol
Sorry I should have been more precise in my question, but the excitement of last night was overwhelming for both of us!

I meant to say, is it ok to choose which panel physcian to go to? is it not determined for you?

I know there are 2 offices in london one being knightsbridge and once I have my LND number I can look at booking medical and arranging time off work and accomodation for a night and if you can choose your own then I will not be restricted to hotels and how close I will be if I want to go down the night before or stay over, I know I will be doing one or the other when its time for the interview.
Old May 17th 2011, 4:42 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't read the information about the medical exam that's posted on the embassy in London's web site, have you.

Regards, JEff

I meant to say, is it ok to choose which panel physcian to go to? is it not determined for you?
Old May 17th 2011, 4:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I should have been more precise in my question, but the excitement of last night was overwhelming for both of us!

I know there are 2 offices in london one being knightsbridge and once I have my LND number I can look at booking medical and arranging time off work and accomodation for a night and if you can choose your own then I will not be restricted to hotels and how close I will be if I want to go down the night before or stay over, I know I will be doing one or the other when its time for the interview.
There are two Knightsbridge office in London where you can get your medical done.

You can choose which one to make an appointment with.
Does that answer your Q?
Old May 17th 2011, 5:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be doing your medical before it's time for your interview. They won't schedule your interview until they have the medical results. So you'll need to do the medical first, before you will know your interview date.

Rene
Old May 17th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
There are two Knightsbridge office in London where you can get your medical done.

Does that answer your Q?
Yes, this answers my question , thank you!
Old May 17th 2011, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Again apologies for the confusion, but " I know I will be doing one or the other when its time for the interview" statement was meant once I have the date for this and will be wanting to stay the night before or after or for the medical depending on timings of things that are going off with my work etc, but realise that the medical is required prior to the interview.

As I respect all the information posted here I understand and see how my words seem to be coming out and being misunderstood and thats my fault for not being concise and apologise!

Reading Jeffs comment and thinking it has new information that I hadnt seen, I went to re-read "

When and Where

The medical examination is performed by an Embassy approved physician at one of two medical centers in London. The medical examination cannot be performed by the applicant's own physician. The medical results are couriered to the Embassy within 5 workdays of the examination.

The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until they have received the results of the medical examination.

I totally understand and knew this!

I will now sit in the corner, quietly whilst being pelted with bread rolls ( soft ones of course)!
Old May 17th 2011, 5:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Again apologies for the confusion, but " I know I will be doing one or the other when its time for the interview" statement was meant once I have the date for this and will be wanting to stay the night before or after or for the medical depending on timings of things that are going off with my work etc, but realise that the medical is required prior to the interview.
I thought you meant you were trying to schedule the medical and interview both within a day of each other or something. As long as you realize it will be 2 trips (or one longer extended trip of several weeks), that's fine.

I will now sit in the corner, quietly whilst being pelted with bread rolls ( soft ones of course)!
LOL This image is making me LOL.

Rene
Old May 17th 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna

Does that answer your Q?
I called up the number on their website, and they told me which one to go to
Old May 17th 2011, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
There is? On USCIS?

Regards, JEff
Or so I thought, I found the link on one of the government sites i thought, I dunno. Been trawling through so much info lately my brains a bit frazzled.
Old May 17th 2011, 7:27 pm

I'm sure you did, just not the USCIS site. Most likely the site of the US embassy in London.

I point it out because it's often important to distinguish between the roles of the USCIS and the DoS in the immigration process, and this is one such time.

Regards, JEff

Or so I thought, I found the link on one of the government sites i thought,
Old May 17th 2011, 7:30 pm

That is what the information posted on the US embassy in London's web site says they will do.

Sometimes posted information can be out of date or outright incorrect, thanks for confirming with your personal experience that this bit of information is correct.

Regards, JEff

I called up the number on their website, and they told me which one to go to
Old May 18th 2011, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

NikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to all

Hi guys, newbie here...I apologize if i am in the wrong place... I am a USC who just married her sweetheart a month ago-he is a UKC. I am almost ready to send off my I-130 packet but i had a question i cant seem to find an answer to. The copy of my birth certificate that i need to send, does it have to be a certified copy or can it be a regular copy? Thank you for any help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.