Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old May 11th 2011, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes, a photocopy is fine.

Top Tip: Retain a photocopy for yourself of everything you submit... your own shadow copy of your 'A' file. Keep it forever, or discuss at naturalization.
Couldnt agree more with Meauxna...We have done everything in triplicate with a backup copy just in case and have done this with the I130, will do this with I-864 and with the process CR-1 application better known as the DS-230 and related civil documents
Old May 11th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
well called NVC again today and our case was officially in system yesterday, so we have our LND number and shall be getting choice of agent form in next few days.

Exciiiiting
Well at least when you have to return, you have things to do and it wont be too hard to leave your hubby.

When I left in Jan, didnt want to but we knew it had to be, my wife was violently ill for 2 days, we had to call her mother in to take me the 2 hour drive to the airport....This time when its time to leave again it wont be too bad and may only be a couple of months or three, before we are back with our loved ones!
Old May 11th 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Well at least when you have to return, you have things to do and it wont be too hard to leave your hubby.

When I left in Jan, didnt want to but we knew it had to be, my wife was violently ill for 2 days, we had to call her mother in to take me the 2 hour drive to the airport....This time when its time to leave again it wont be too bad and may only be a couple of months or three, before we are back with our loved ones!
Yeah indeed, Im going to be so tired when leaving comes around anyway. I originally was set to leave may 11th but chnaged to may 30th making ym stay 89 days :P Because we won a trip to vegas and only time we can take it is 26th-29th may, so after we get back it will be flash sleep then fly home the next day lol !!!

But yeah as you said. things will be so busy now it should go fast. Only thing we still need to get is my passport pics done over here and the letter from hubbys employer stating his position and time worked there.
Old May 13th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

medical booked for june 6th

getting closer ... :P
Old May 13th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

medical booked for june 6th

getting closer ... :P
At least it is closer to when you return and not much further into June....Gla to hear it BS
Old May 16th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

well after getting the I-864 all filled in and printed, turns out because we dont need an additional sponsor we have to fill in the I-864EZ instead lol.

So getting that printed today, have the cover sheet and all other docs ready just waiting for hubbys job to write him an employment letter.

So im guessing once this packet is in, the IV bill is generated then we turn in the other forms. getting nervous :P
Old May 16th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

well after getting the I-864 all filled in and printed, turns out because we dont need an additional sponsor we have to fill in the I-864EZ instead lol.

So getting that printed today, have the cover sheet and all other docs ready just waiting for hubbys job to write him an employment letter.

So im guessing once this packet is in, the IV bill is generated then we turn in the other forms. getting nervous :P
Both my bills where generated within a week of eachother, we paid both at the same time and then sent in both packets together. That seemed to work fine as it was completed and approved. Saves on postage i suppose!
Old May 16th 2011, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Both my bills where generated within a week of eachother, we paid both at the same time and then sent in both packets together. That seemed to work fine as it was completed and approved. Saves on postage i suppose!
My AOS bill shows as paid, but my IV bill hasnt been generated yet. Think we might just go ahead and submit this packet first though, so I dont get too overwhelmed with paperwork. Hopefully the IV bill will be generated this week so we can submit the other packet at the end of the week
Old May 16th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Errrr, oops!!! whats the difference apart from what you stated? we have done the 864 not the 864ez and my wife earns well above the threshold??? slightly worried now
Old May 16th 2011, 9:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Errrr, oops!!! whats the difference apart from what you stated? we have done the 864 not the 864ez and my wife earns well above the threshold??? slightly worried now
Go to www.uscis.gov and look up the I-864 and I-864EZ. The I-864EZ has some restrictions as to who can use that form. Not everyone can.

That said, I thought the I-864 was always acceptable, but the I-864EZ was an option IF you qualified to use that form. As in, one isn't required to file an I-864EZ if they fit the criteria, they can still do an I-864 if they want.

I don't know why britishspouse says they HAVE to fill in an I-864EZ instead of an I-864. The I-864 should be acceptable either way.

Rene
Old May 16th 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Go to www.uscis.gov and look up the I-864 and I-864EZ. The I-864EZ has some restrictions as to who can use that form. Not everyone can.

That said, I thought the I-864 was always acceptable, but the I-864EZ was an option IF you qualified to use that form. As in, one isn't required to file an I-864EZ if they fit the criteria, they can still do an I-864 if they want.

I don't know why britishspouse says they HAVE to fill in an I-864EZ instead of an I-864. The I-864 should be acceptable either way.

Rene
Went scurrying to see what I could find, uscis.gov states;

Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act I-864EZ Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad. 10/08/10; (10/18/07 also accepted)

But it says the exact same thing for the I-864.

Anyway, apparently google being my friend diffeientiated the 2 by saying the EZ version is easier to read and fill out and can be determined much easier that you meet or exceed the poverty guidelines
Old May 16th 2011, 9:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Went scurrying to see what I could find, uscis.gov states;

Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act I-864EZ Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad. 10/08/10; (10/18/07 also accepted)

But it says the exact same thing for the I-864.

Anyway, apparently google being my friend diffeientiated the 2 by saying the EZ version is easier to read and fill out and can be determined much easier that you meet or exceed the poverty guidelines
Well, yes, the part you quoted is the same for both forms.

The EZ has certain requirements that have to be met in order to file THAT form as opposed to the I-864. Put it this way...most people have to do an I-864. There are a select few who meet the criteria for using the EZ form.

The information is out there somewhere.

Rene
Old May 16th 2011, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
The link I was sent to after my receipt for AOS bill took me to the I-864EZ and I-864EZ checklist, so I assumed they wanted me to fill that one in? I will call to check, but thats what it looks like.

Its just a stream lined form for those whom dont need an additional sponsor it seems. There are no pages related to assets etc, because all income can be proven via W2's transcripts.

On this page it says: "All three of the following are true:

You filed a Form I-130 petition, for your relative
The there is only one applicant on the Form I-130 petition, and
All your qualifying income comes from a salary or pension and shows on one or more W-2 Forms that you receive
" If these are true you file I-864EZ

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3197.html

The I-864 may still be applicable to me, Im not saying I can only file the I-864EZ, but why over complicate when I need to? A longer form, with more N/A's is only more areas where I can mess up and do something wrong, so if I can fill in a simpler form with less area for error then Im choosing that one :P

Last edited by britishspouse; May 16th 2011 at 10:06 pm.
Old May 16th 2011, 10:06 pm

A longer form, with more N/A's is only more areas where I can mess up and do something wrong, so if I can fill in a simpler form with less area for error then Im choosing that one :P
I'm all for that!

Rene
Old May 16th 2011, 10:07 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, for those who don't need a joint sponsor or contributing household member, AND as the rest of you post says, who are sponsoring only one (1) immigrant, AND whose qualifying income comes from a salary or pension, AND who don't need to use assets to supplement an insufficient income.

Regards, JEff

Its just a stream lined form for those whom dont need an additional sponsor it seems. ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.