Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old May 18th 2011, 5:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by NikkiLynn
Hi guys, newbie here...I apologize if i am in the wrong place... I am a USC who just married her sweetheart a month ago-he is a UKC. I am almost ready to send off my I-130 packet but i had a question i cant seem to find an answer to. The copy of my birth certificate that i need to send, does it have to be a certified copy or can it be a regular copy? Thank you for any help
Regular photocopy is fine for the I-130 package.

Rene
Old May 18th 2011, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

NikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Regular photocopy is fine for the I-130 package.

Rene
Thank you Noorah! One other question, hopefully i dont make this more complicated than what it is lol...I was married before, my husband passed away a few years ago, now i am married again to my UKC Just wanting to make sure i have all i need paper wise because of the different names. My maiden name is obviously on my BC, my old married name on my passport, and then my new married name...which of course i have a marriage license. Just dont want to leave anything out and have it take longer than necessary.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be doing your medical before it's time for your interview. They won't schedule your interview until they have the medical results. So you'll need to do the medical first, before you will know your interview date.

Rene
I had my interview scheduled before i had my medical.
Also there are two London doctors locations, they tell you which one you will be going too, i didnt get a choice.
Old May 18th 2011, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was married before, my husband passed away a few years ago, now i am married again to my UKC Just wanting to make sure i have all i need paper wise because of the different names.
You may need to include a copy of your first husband's death certificate. They'll likely want to know how the first marriage was dissolved.

Ian
Old May 18th 2011, 1:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
I had my interview scheduled before i had my medical.
Also there are two London doctors locations, they tell you which one you will be going too, i didnt get a choice.
How long ago was that? It's a fairly recent change that London made, not to schedule an interview until the medical is done.

Rene
Old May 18th 2011, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You may need to include a copy of your first husband's death certificate. They'll likely want to know how the first marriage was dissolved.

Ian
I agree with Ian. Include a photocopy of your late husband's death certificate.

Rene
Old May 18th 2011, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

How long ago was that? It's a fairly recent change that London made, not to schedule an interview until the medical is done.

Rene
Just this last week. I had my interview date emailed to me Friday 13th and then had my medical Monday 16th.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Just this last week. I had my interview date emailed to me Friday 13th and then had my medical Monday 16th.
Interesting. These days, I'd say that's not the norm, though.

Rene
Old May 19th 2011, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

NikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to allNikkiLynn is a name known to all

Thank you Ian and Renee...i have the death certificate. Appreciate your help
Old May 19th 2011, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Ian and Renee...i have the death certificate. Appreciate your help
Rene...i'll get your name right yet!! Sorry :P
Old May 19th 2011, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Mailed off our I-864EZ packet today. We were going to wait for a 2010 transcript but decided to just go ahead and send the full return plus W2's etc, so we didnt hold the process up.

Also called to see if my IV bill would be ready soon, and they said they received my DS-3032 So upon reviewing it, the fee should be ready in the next few days.

Hubby added me to his bank account today just incase any extra 'proof' is required at interview..... also so i can steal all his money MWAH HA HAAA.... Joking.

In other news, The end of my stay here is getting closer and closer Just 8 days till our Vegas trip win, then on the 30th its time to fly home sweet home. I'll miss hubby but im going to be busy getting everything tied up, and saying goodbye to everyone so Im sure the months will go by quickly Also trying to plan ahead and work out how many suitcases im going to bring back. Now that the 2nd bag has a fee ($50 ish), and the 3rd $200 its sure not cheap, but cheaper than freight so I'll probably bring 3. I have most of my clothes/shoes/accessories.bags here already so I'll just need to bring a few extras, some personal items, and of course lots of cadburys for my hubby..... his fave is crunchies lol

Last edited by britishspouse; May 19th 2011 at 2:53 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
Mailed off our I-864EZ packet today. We were going to wait for a 2010 transcript but decided to just go ahead and send the full return plus W2's etc, so we didnt hold the process up.

Also called to see if my IV bill would be ready soon, and they said they received my DS-3032 So upon reviewing it, the fee should be ready in the next few days.

Hubby added me to his bank account today just incase any extra 'proof' is required at interview..... also so i can steal all his money MWAH HA HAAA.... Joking.

In other news, The end of my stay here is getting closer and closer Just 8 days till our Vegas trip win, then on the 30th its time to fly home sweet home. I'll miss hubby but im going to be busy getting everything tied up, and saying goodbye to everyone so Im sure the months will go by quickly Also trying to plan ahead and work out how many suitcases im going to bring back. Now that the 2nd bag has a fee ($50 ish), and the 3rd $200 its sure not cheap, but cheaper than freight so I'll probably bring 3. I have most of my clothes/shoes/accessories.bags here already so I'll just need to bring a few extras, some personal items, and of course lots of cadburys for my hubby..... his fave is crunchies lol
Glad to hear that BS, but still curious as to how you managed to get on his bank account as they wouldnt let me on my wifes without a SSN.

Have told my lovely wife not to start to call nvc until around the 8th /9th day, but she is very impatient to get things going and being this way inclined she is going to start to call tomorrow...But we now have all the papers ready and 864ez compiled also ready, she will hopefully have her employment letter tonight in her tray when she gets to work and As a stand by just in case they ask for the IV packet before my next trip in june will send another ds-230 showing the visits pre June 11 as the one she has now is the post June 11 trips, makes ya think trying to stay one step ahead, but enjoying the journey and the thinking having to be done
Old May 19th 2011, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Glad to hear that BS, but still curious as to how you managed to get on his bank account as they wouldnt let me on my wifes without a SSN.
If your bank insisted on a SSN before adding you to an account, then it was time to change banks. The law does not require a SSN prior to opening or being added to an account. The law does require a "unique identifier" and your passport is sufficient for that.

Ian
Old May 19th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If your bank insisted on a SSN before adding you to an account, then it was time to change banks. The law does not require a SSN prior to opening or being added to an account. The law does require a "unique identifier" and your passport is sufficient for that.

Ian
Out bank actually chnaged what they required. When I was a student they just needed to see my Student Visa (bank of america) now they wont let me upgrade without an SSN. However Wachovia where hubby banks would let me get added as long as I had a tax ID number (ITIN) So after getting that I was able to get added

The small (ish) town we live in dont really have many foreign/immigrants in so the bank lady told me she'd never actually added someone to an account who wasnt a citizen, so they may not know they can do it without an SSN. They told me ITIIN which was easy enough to get, so i just went ahead and got that, Hubby needed it anyway for his taxes, now we are married so he could claim me on there, they asked for my ITIN

Last edited by britishspouse; May 19th 2011 at 7:31 pm.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wolfy

Have told my lovely wife not to start to call nvc until around the 8th /9th day, but she is very impatient to get things going and being this way inclined she is going to start to call tomorrow...But we now have all the papers ready and 864ez compiled also ready, she will hopefully have her employment letter tonight in her tray when she gets to work and As a stand by just in case they ask for the IV packet before my next trip in june will send another ds-230 showing the visits pre June 11 as the one she has now is the post June 11 trips, makes ya think trying to stay one step ahead, but enjoying the journey and the thinking having to be done
hehehe yeah indeed. I thin I called once more after they told me to wait 15 business day, I called on about the 6th, but nothing, and then on the 9th and Voila it was done hehe. the people at the NVC are REALLY nice, always willing to help and answer any possible questions, some of the nicest customer service ive ever encountered.

Enjoy your trip in June Did you get your medical booked yet? I was a bit eager, I know theres no immediate rush, but knowing I could i went ahead and did it lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.