Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jan 15th 2012, 3:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by nica
So in your experience, will all those documents be forwarded to NVC? Or will they return them to me?

Thanks Rene!
They will be forwarded to NVC and will become part of the immigration file. If your spouse brings a photocopy to the visa interview, he might be able to get the original back.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Sanddancer is on a distinguished road

Hey all,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that i am still waiting for that infamous NOA2. 159 days and counting
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

pitymetorockypoint is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sanddancer
Hey all,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that i am still waiting for that infamous NOA2. 159 days and counting
Hi is that the I-130 approval?
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi pityme. Yeah it is for the I-130. Wife called USCIS yesterday and was told something (she should be calling soon) so i will put the latest up here.

Are you from Pity me near Durham by any chance?
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yes i'm from Pity Me. Are you from South Shields by any chance?

I hate to give a "slap in the face" but we sent our I-130 petition away on August 17th and received NOA2 on October 21st. Only 60 days.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Ha ha yeah you got it in one.

Lucky you. Its life i guess. You win some and lose some. Glad your on the path to the states though. Whereabouts are you upto in the process?

Actually quick question. Am looking to get all the NVC documentation in place and it asks for US approved passport photo's (i know they are different size to the UK ones), so what did you do for this?
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

I got the pic's done at Sainsburys. just a normal passport photo booth which handily now does pics for visa to USA

I just had my medical in London on the 8th Jan. Be advised if you have any tattoos over 15 years you will need blood tests for HIV, Hep B + C.

I received and RFE as i didn't submit any court records. Thought the Police Certificate was sufficent. ( I was a naugty boy when i was younger). So i'm waiting for them to turn up so i can forward them straight to NVC. i was told that once they receive them i should get an appointment date with in 20 days.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

nica is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pitymetorockypoint
I hate to give a "slap in the face" but we sent our I-130 petition away on August 17th and received NOA2 on October 21st. Only 60 days.
60 days!? We're at 190 days and still counting. That makes me furious.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nica
60 days!? We're at 190 days and still counting. That makes me furious.
Please don't be furious at me. Kinda wish i never mentioned it now. Hopefully you'll here something real soon
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

for 60 days which service center where you assigned
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by redarmy990
for 60 days which service center where you assigned
Vermont
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pitymetorockypoint
Please don't be furious at me. Kinda wish i never mentioned it now. Hopefully you'll here something real soon
Oh I'm not mad at you! I'm mad at the process. I wish it was more predictable.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

For those of us who've been in the process of waiting for the overdue NOA2... has anybody heard anything? Any updates to report?

193 days now for us and still just barely managing to keep myself from calling USCIS every day. I was really hoping he'd be ready to move here in the March-April range, but that's seeming increasingly unlikely the longer this first stage takes.

The longer it goes past the 5 month mark, the more it feels like we've messed up somehow. Though of course in reality they probably haven't even glanced at the application yet. <--strangely not comforting.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Hey Nica,

I think we just have to be strong. I am now on day 163 and not heard anything. My wife called USCIS last thursday to ask and they did not say much. Basically they said something like you should get something in the post within the next 15 days. Now whether that is an approval/rejection, standard form saying if service request has been approved or not, or something completely different then i really dont know.

Will keep you posted. I know this is really hard but i guess we just have to take each day as it comes and try not to let it affect our health or our relationship (easier said than done)
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sanddancer
Hey Nica,

I think we just have to be strong. I am now on day 163 and not heard anything. My wife called USCIS last thursday to ask and they did not say much. Basically they said something like you should get something in the post within the next 15 days.
That seems kind of unlikely, based on what they told me when I called him earlier today... they said the latest case they're working on at the moment is July 12th, so the bulk of what they're working on is still in June. They advised me that I may still be waiting 3-4 weeks, depending on how many applications are in the works (so the initial 30 day period they told me last time may have been off by 1-2 weeks, at least). If you submitted in August, it seems like you probably still have at least a month, if not two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.