Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Oct 25th 2011, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Chris_tanj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by mikechristina
Hi all,

I have my interview next Thursday 3rd November (YAY!) @ 9.30am

Booked a hotel over night, what is a good time to get there in the morning? I dont want to be queing behind 200 other people I heard it gets VERY busy?

Hoping to be in and out by 11.30 if possible so I can tie in with some meetings - is this realistic?

Mike
I started getting in line around 7am and was the first immigrant visa of the day. Obviously each day will be different but 7am seems to be a good time to arrive. I reckon you could be out at 11.30 (I was out at 9.35am) but again, you can never be exact when you are talking about immigration

Good luck though! I am sure it will go great
Old Oct 25th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_tanj
I started getting in line around 7am and was the first immigrant visa of the day. Obviously each day will be different but 7am seems to be a good time to arrive. I reckon you could be out at 11.30 (I was out at 9.35am) but again, you can never be exact when you are talking about immigration

Good luck though! I am sure it will go great
Thanks Chris - I will be there dot on 7am as well. Clearly that is not too early - I am an early bird anyway

Congrats on your VISA - hoping mine will also follow soon!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Kneeno is an unknown quantity at this point

An immigrant visa interview has been scheduled for the applicant at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in LONDON on December 13, 2011.
At last.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Bcdubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kneeno
At last.

Hmmmm IOM huh? North or South of the Fairy Bridge?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bcdubs
Hmmmm IOM huh? North or South of the Fairy Bridge?
North, no Spaniards in my family line.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Had an interview date of Dec 13th which didn't leave much time to sort things out if I get approved to ship stuff and get there before Christmas. Phoned the ££££ line and got told to email (as per) and heard from them the following day that they could offer me Nov 30th. Much more practical and fingers crossed I'll be there before Christmas Eve.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Ok, now I have my interview in a couple of days and I'm just after confirmation that I'm not missing anything out? I have the checklist from NVC stating what documents are and aren't required and they all seem in order. I'll have copies of my Police and Birth certs. but my question is do I actually NEED anything else apart from my letter, photos and passport on the day? Thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:47 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Bring with you a copy of everything that you have submitted to the NVC.

The NVC 'lost' half of our forms, and the embassy would not issue my visa until they had seen everything.

The staff were brilliant though, they helped arrange a pick up from my house the next day, and submitted the visa a couple of days after receiving copies of the forms back.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

Most DEF! Bring copies of everything. Forms/Birth Certificate/Marriage Certificate/Divorce Certificate (if applicable) and so on and so on...
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Well I think I've got everything I can. Must admit haven't got copies of the forms we sent into NVC but I've got everything else.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something glaringly obvious.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

i130 posted to october 2011
notice received thart application in the system and wac number issued nov 3 2011

any one in this time frame
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Visa approved!

No problems whatsoever. Was first in line until the woman called everyone back to a podium so of course it was everyone for themselves then (quite rude I thought). However was about 4th inside, waited about 20 mins to be called first time and all the paperwork was in order. The lady commented on my quite distinct thumb prints and said I'd be easy to find if I committed a crime and advised me to wear gloves. Told her I wasn't planning on a life of crime however. Like I said everything in order paper-wise then told to go sit back down and wait for the CO to call me. About 20 mins later was up again and was with her about 4-5 mins total. Asked me how we met, then where and when was it I decided she was the one? Answered everything truthfully then got told she had no problems approving this visa.

Got there bang on 7am and was outside by 9.15am. Very painless indeed. Now starts the fun making sure everything is packed and hopefully I'll be there by the 22-23 Dec.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

danielthompson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone.. first time posting in here as we've been waiting for them to get to our I-130 but now its near I thought I'd get involved!

Kneeno - it's great to hear of your (fairly) stress free story! I hope ours is as simple!

We submitted our I-130 on the 12th September! According to the website they should get to our application next week! Anyone else waiting in a similar time frame?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

danielthompson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danielthompson
Hey everyone.. first time posting in here as we've been waiting for them to get to our I-130 but now its near I thought I'd get involved!

Kneeno - it's great to hear of your (fairly) stress free story! I hope ours is as simple!

We submitted our I-130 on the 12th September! According to the website they should get to our application next week! Anyone else waiting in a similar time frame?
Ok apologies, just realised I'm in the 'filing in the USA' thread, not the London one!
Old Dec 1st 2011, 5:32 am
Just Joined

redtalent is an unknown quantity at this point

Our interview was Nov. 25th but we got a 221g because they decided my joint sponsor didn't fit the requirements. Sent out new joint sponsor documents on Tuesday and hoping the embassy has them and will review them ASAP! Husband signed the second part of his DS-230 at the interview so we know this is all we're waiting on. I'm just worried now because I only sent in the most recent of my joint sponsors pay stubs and I'm reading that people sent in six months worth! I'll be really upset if that sets us back even more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.