Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Filing in USA - Join in here!

Originally Posted by Eeteet
Have read around, it seems there are people who have made closer trips, MUCH longer trips and more frequent ones than me, who have be perfectly fine or only had to show some stuff in secondary.
Just so you know, I do not repond to immigration questions via PM.

Ian
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

I know we should never take the update too seriously we see on the check status screen, but our case was touched in the last 4 hours so its nice to see some change since it was last touched on Jan 12th, but thought I would share with all those in the nearby or same filing period.

Bit happier today, things are moving and as seen hundreds of times. "The immigration wheels move, they move slow, but they do move"!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
"The immigration wheels move, they move slow, but they do move"!
One of my favorite sayings!

Ian
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:13 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

I know we should never take the update too seriously we see on the check status screen, but our case was touched in the last 4 hours so its nice to see some change since it was last touched on Jan 12th, but thought I would share with all those in the nearby or same filing period.

Bit happier today, things are moving and as seen hundreds of times. "The immigration wheels move, they move slow, but they do move"!
Great news Wolfy. Our case also just finally showed up on the USCIS website after it was recieved on December 27th. Ive been checking periodically since then, and finally this week it recognised our case number and is showing as in "initial review" stage, updated as of Feb 17.
I know it doesnt mean anything, but just knowing that someone somewhere did something (even if just putting us into an electronic system) within the last week makes us feel hopeful!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SimonJW
Great news Wolfy. Our case also just finally showed up on the USCIS website after it was recieved on December 27th. Ive been checking periodically since then, and finally this week it recognised our case number and is showing as in "initial review" stage, updated as of Feb 17.
I know it doesnt mean anything, but just knowing that someone somewhere did something (even if just putting us into an electronic system) within the last week makes us feel hopeful!
Indeed, sense of something happening!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

awww thats great news guys

we still haven't heard anything, and our case still isint showing up on the system and our 797c was received on about dec 16th

hopefully we'll appear on the system soon, just so I can put my curiosity to rest

Last edited by britishspouse; Feb 23rd 2011 at 6:49 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britishspouse
awww thats great news guys

we still haven't heard anything, and our case still isint showing up on the system and our 797c was received on about dec 16th

hopefully we'll appear on the system soon, just so I can put my curiosity to rest
fingers crossed
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, just heard from our attorney and he wants us to send our DS-230 down which I am guessing he wants to see how I worded my juvenile conviction and wants to see the I-864.

As we are about to hit the 4th month he says we are making good progress and making sure we are ready for the next stage on approval with civil documents

Asked him about motoring convictions and he says typically they do not have to be declared.

Just thought I would keep you posted on our journey
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

just received this email.. WOOHOO

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice

we werent expecting this until may, so super excited. Bring on the next steps
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

On April 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice

OMG...I am so pleased for you!! This means we may see something in the next 4-6 weeks if all is going well!!!

Really chuffed for you!

Last edited by Wolfy; Apr 28th 2011 at 9:17 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

OMG...I am so pleased for you!! This means we may see something in the next 4-6 weeks if all is going well!!!

Really chuffed for you!
hehe thanks wolfy.

Im super excited, but also super nervous now, I know this is the bit where we control how fast things move, so time to knuckle down and get everything together.

I think only thing i still need to get is the photo's so we shall nip down to walgreens tomorrow probably, then wait for the notice to arrive in the mail and see what we have to send

AND yep dec 16th was when we received NOA1 i believe, it was sent in around dec 5th ish.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

hehe thanks wolfy.

Im super excited, but also super nervous now, I know this is the bit where we control how fast things move, so time to knuckle down and get everything together.

I think only thing i still need to get is the photo's so we shall nip down to walgreens tomorrow probably, then wait for the notice to arrive in the mail and see what we have to send

AND yep dec 16th was when we received NOA1 i believe, it was sent in around dec 5th ish.
Great stuff, keep us posted I bet the wieght of waiting has lifted a littel now...lol
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great stuff, keep us posted I bet the wieght of waiting has lifted a littel now...lol
indeed I shall. And yes it feels like a great weight has been lifted, shall feel even better when all the rest of the paperwork is in and approved
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:18 pm
CR1 Visa

SimonJW is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! that's great news! hopefully we shouldn't be too far behind you now...

By the way, did you ever get to see your case on the website? Just wondering if you did whether there were any 'touches' in the last few days before approval or whether it came out of the blue?

Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone should be aware that there is usually a lag between notice of the I-130 approval and actual arrival at the NVC. Give it enough time to get there (and no, not standard mailing time, up to a month) before you freak out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.