Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 17th 2011, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Why shouldnt you sign part 2??

I sent it in and also kept a copy to take, just in case...
Old Jul 17th 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

It tells you not to on the bottom. Only in the presence of the interviewing officer I think.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Oh I see :-)
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:14 am
Just Joined

DollyDimple is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all - thought I'd drop in to say hello, as I've been asking idiot questions on other threads We filed the I-130 at the end of January, and the approval of the petition was sent 27 June.

Just sending off for my police certificate at the moment, but I'm only planning on sending in DS-230 Part 1 to the embassy right now - I'm still not clear what to put for question 40(a) on Part 2. I went through a long period of depression about 9 years ago, with associated self-harm, and although I know I won't be doing anything like that again in the future, I'm wary of sending in a form saying that I'm not likely to pose a threat to my own safety until I've been able to show something from my GP to the medical examiner to convince them that I'm sane and safe... As I understand it, it's OK not to send in DS-230 Part 2 at this stage, but save it for the visa interview?
Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Got home to find a letter with the date for our interviews! 5th August.....I am soo excited! Maybe my little girl will make it over there just in time for the new school term after all
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by k240604
Got home to find a letter with the date for our interviews! 5th August.....I am soo excited! Maybe my little girl will make it over there just in time for the new school term after all
Congrats. Not long at all to wait then!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks! Not long at all - 2 weeks on Friday. Im a bit gutted though to hear I've got to take both the kids with me - they are only 3 and 5 so they are going to be bored and grizzly and I can not understand why they have to attend as they have nothing to add to the interview! Oh well, the 5th is going to be a long day for us!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by k240604
Thanks! Not long at all - 2 weeks on Friday. Im a bit gutted though to hear I've got to take both the kids with me - they are only 3 and 5 so they are going to be bored and grizzly and I can not understand why they have to attend as they have nothing to add to the interview! Oh well, the 5th is going to be a long day for us!
Are you the only immigrant? I'm not sure why they would need to see the kids if they are not immigrants.
toys and food! I'm sure they will be bored but you'll get through it.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations k240604 , you've skipped past me. Had medical 4 calendar days after you, but not got interview date yet.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

gattamelata is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone

we filed the I-130 on April 26th, they're currently processing April 15th so hopefully not too long to go before we hear something!

Quick question - if they do send us a Request for Evidence (RFE?), is it likely to be soon after the processing date? How common is it for them to ask? We pretty much only sent in the form, passport copies, photos and our marriage certificate (if I remember correctly) since the London office said to not send in supporting documents. Have most people sent more? Have you been asked for more evidence? I'm just worried about that slowing the process down!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gattamelata
hi everyone

we filed the I-130 on April 26th, they're currently processing April 15th so hopefully not too long to go before we hear something!

Quick question - if they do send us a Request for Evidence (RFE?), is it likely to be soon after the processing date? How common is it for them to ask? We pretty much only sent in the form, passport copies, photos and our marriage certificate (if I remember correctly) since the London office said to not send in supporting documents. Have most people sent more? Have you been asked for more evidence? I'm just worried about that slowing the process down!
Nope. You just need to send them what they ask for. If they need more evidence they'll ask for it...sometimes it seems to be random, not for any particular reason other than maybe quality control...but most people don't get an RFE.

They are processing much faster than a couple of months ago so perhaps you won't have long to go. Good luck and try not to worry about anything. It is, for most people, a straightforward process. I've found the most difficult part the wait but I filed back in Jan when everything was moving slower.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 11:52 am
Just Joined

ShawnR is an unknown quantity at this point

We filed our I-130 at the beginning of April and the acknowledgement email from the embassy stated it was recieved on April 15th. So, we are now waiting to hear something!

And, gattamelata, we did the same thing as you and only sent in what was asked for.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys sorry for the noob question, got my case number, medical next thursday, when i send in the DS 230 parts 1 and 2 and the notification for readniness and cover letter is that all i send and take all the other documents i need to the interview with me, ie theres no need to send a copy of the documents
Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by oliver22
Guys sorry for the noob question, got my case number, medical next thursday, when i send in the DS 230 parts 1 and 2 and the notification for readniness and cover letter is that all i send and take all the other documents i need to the interview with me, ie theres no need to send a copy of the documents
that is correct, just make sure you do not sign DS 230 part 2, you will sign in front of ConOff when requested to do so.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shadow, any ideas how long after the medical the interviews are generally in london?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.