Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Welcome to the start of your US immigration process, you're in for an adventure!

Post here with as much of your story as you want to share, timelines, what you'll miss, where you're moving to and chatter like that.

Immigration questions should be researched by using the 'search this forum' box in the top right of the forum home page, or by starting a thread for the question.
MANY of your questions have probably been answered in the 'DCF' threads of the past few months. Review those to find out how long between steps/notices/etc BUT keep in mind that timelines are changing a little bit. Most important of all: Stay Flexible!

Use this spot to give each other encouragement and reassurances.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Fenoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Hello all, My wife (USC) and I (UKC) filed the I-130 towards the end of March so our processing date is getting closer now. I have my police certificate and trying to get hold of my medical records. Need to start thinking about getting the I-864 ready however I have noticed that the form on the www.uscis.gov website expires on the 10/31/2011. As our interview date could potentially be after this date would it be an issue if we used this form now or should we expect the USCIS to update the form soon?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That is not the form expiration date, it's the OMB expiration (you can google to find out what that is, it doesn't matter to you, in the main).

the forms download page will also tell you which "Edition Dates" (that is the one that counts) are accepted. IE for I-864 it says "10/08/10; (10/18/07; and 11/01/06 also accepted)"
The copy posted at uscis.gov is (Rev. 10/08/10)
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

Hello

Ive posted on this plenty of times but I wanna be a part of a timeline thread

Im the UKC, my darling wife is the USC and her I-130 was filed Feb 8th so we're getting chuffin' close!

Ive got my police cert, my medical records (when I say records, I mean that the receptionist at my GP's printed off a list of my injections), ive had my Tetanus booster . At this very moment I am compiling a huge email to my in-laws asking them to fill in the I-864 form as well as the household member form and telling them what proof to send and asking them, in a very calm tone, to send it all NOW!!! .

Oh, and my wife is now doing her tax returns.

Good luck every one
Old Jun 4th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

My timeline:

17th Feb 2011 - Filed I-130 in London
6th April 2011 - Sent letter requesting expedition of visa.
11th April 2011 - Received email approving request for I-130 to be expedited.
2nd June 2011 - I-130 approved. Received case number via email.
8th June 2011 - Medical examination

I've got everything needed for my visa interview so I've sent off the DS-230 along with a cover letter and the DS-2001 form (Application for Readiness) so I'm hoping to get an interview ASAP!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Fenoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
That is not the form expiration date, it's the OMB expiration (you can google to find out what that is, it doesn't matter to you, in the main).

the forms download page will also tell you which "Edition Dates" (that is the one that counts) are accepted. IE for I-864 it says "10/08/10; (10/18/07; and 11/01/06 also accepted)"
The copy posted at uscis.gov is (Rev. 10/08/10)
Thank you thats a massive help
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

What a great idea! That way those just starting out can know what to expect. Though I'm not sure if you can REALLY know what to expect in this process, there are twists and turns at every step!

Our timeline:

Saturday Jan 8th 2011: application mailed to the embassy in London.

Thursday Jan 13th 2011: application returned due to replacement identity card showing replacement date and not date when leave to remain granted.

Friday Jan 14th 2011: application mailed back to embassy in London, showing a scanned copy of original identity card and police report showing that it was lost.

Tuesday Jan 18th 2011: application delivered to embassy in London.

Friday Jan 21st 2011: application accepted, aka NOA1.

Friday June 3rd 2011:
called embassy in London and told our application is in Rome for processing.
Presently awaiting news from Rome.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
What a great idea! That way those just starting out can know what to expect. Though I'm not sure if you can REALLY know what to expect in this process, there are twists and turns at every step!

Our timeline:

Saturday Jan 8th 2011: application mailed to the embassy in London.

Thursday Jan 13th 2011: application returned due to replacement identity card showing replacement date and not date when leave to remain granted.

Friday Jan 14th 2011: application mailed back to embassy in London, showing a scanned copy of original identity card and police report showing that it was lost.

Tuesday Jan 18th 2011: application delivered to embassy in London.

Friday Jan 21st 2011: application accepted, aka NOA1.

Friday June 3rd 2011:
called embassy in London and told our application is in Rome for processing.
Presently awaiting news from Rome.
It's gone to Rome?!! arghh, shermeen! well, here's hoping you here back soon. when they say this is an adventure, they really arn't kidding.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joannabanana
It's gone to Rome?!! arghh, shermeen! well, here's hoping you here back soon. when they say this is an adventure, they really arn't kidding.
Lol! I know. The husband and I agree that US Immigration is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get!
I just hope to hear something soon. No idea if it'll be an email or a letter or what. Just checking the mail each day. And had to take hubby back to the airport today His visit was short but a most welcome break to the wait and distance.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LadyElysium
My timeline:

17th Feb 2011 - Filed I-130 in London
6th April 2011 - Sent letter requesting expedition of visa.
11th April 2011 - Received email approving request for I-130 to be expedited.
2nd June 2011 - I-130 approved. Received case number via email.
8th June 2011 - Medical examination

I've got everything needed for my visa interview so I've sent off the DS-230 along with a cover letter and the DS-2001 form (Application for Readiness) so I'm hoping to get an interview ASAP!
Hello.

Just wondering, is it standard practice for them to email your I-130 approval number? They've passed our date, as of today, so wondering when I might get DH's number to get his medical booked.

Thanks!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gerber
Hello.

Just wondering, is it standard practice for them to email your I-130 approval number? They've passed our date, as of today, so wondering when I might get DH's number to get his medical booked.

Thanks!
I didnt realize this until today, but I think you are normally mailed the approval by letter and also mailed the number but these two are done separately.

Last edited by shadowmeister; Jun 6th 2011 at 3:03 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
I didnt realize this until today, but I think you are normally mailed the approval by letter and also mailed the number but these to are done separately.
Ok, many thanks shadowmeister!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

They've passed our date, as of today, so wondering when I might get DH's number to get his medical booked.
Same here, woo hoo . They've gone past Feb 8th - everything should start speading up now - nervous yet ?

I do have one other question about the medical though: You know how you need to have a copy your medical records, well, all my doctors will do is print off a copy of vaccinations ive had since ive registered with them, will this suffice? Will they accept a black and white print off? I really dont fancy being injection half a dozen times in one day!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Psychosleftpeg
I do have one other question about the medical though: You know how you need to have a copy your medical records, well, all my doctors will do is print off a copy of vaccinations ive had since ive registered with them, will this suffice? Will they accept a black and white print off? I really dont fancy being injection half a dozen times in one day!
YUp, that's fine. I've got my medical in 2 days time and all I have is a B&W print out of my vaccinations.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:30 pm

Please, everyone, no questions in this thread. Search in previous posts or start a new thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.